Size guides

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
Why don't QVC have a universal size guide for their clothes?

Some designers do S/M/L some do 12/14/16.

Some mediums are a large and some larges are a medium.

Totally annoying!!!

Yeah - I am with you on this. I think the sizes need some sort of uniformity. I've seen it before were coats in the Centigrade range have XS chests starting at 37 inches on some but as much as 46 inches in some of their XS coats! Ridic.

Also, whatever clothes they are flogging and whatever the size is, the presenters always seem to be saying that they are 'generous' in fit...which doesn't inspire confidence when ordering whatever size you must be.

I honestly don't know why they just don't have 'standard' high street sizing on everything, starting at 6 and going up to 24, 26, etc - surely that would make more sense all round and make buying a bit easier? They could still give chest/waist measurements out as well...

I agree with what you're saying but the High Street is just as guilty of this. I can be either a 12 or 14 in the same shop - just depends on what type of garment it is.

It makes trying on less enjoyable as, for example, if I can take 6 garments in, I'd probably take the item in a 12 AND 14, rather than 6 completely different items.

However, my size 10 friend bought a size 16 jumper in Jane Norman the other day and it fitted her perfectly! As they only go up to a size 16, I wouldn't be able to buy anything in there.

No wonder young girls have eating disorders.

Hmm - yeah, you know what, that's a great point - I hadn't thought of it like that and I should have done as I know how hard it is to get clothes on the high street too as I'm one of the unlucky women with an eating disorder (and you're right, it IS no wonder that girls have eating problems with sizing issues like this going on...). I can seriously only shop in places like NEXT Petite and so on - I look on at some of the lovely clothes in the shops and can only dream of wearing them!

Not much chance of them getting uniformity in sizing, when they can't even get uniform sizing within a range. Casual and Co and as, Cavegirl says, Centigrade being prime examples.
Can only assume that different styles/types within a range are produced by completely different designers at the behest of QVC who obviously do not discuss sizing/measurements as a priority.

If QVC displayed what the sizes were for every garment people could judge what size to order going by the measurement. Always makes me laugh that so many times they spend ages waffling about things like buttons and collars which we can see for ourselves and treat measurements as some kind of afterthought

Well, lets think about it............

Most of the fashion comes from across the pond - be it Canada or the U.S whose sizing is only understandable to those who live there (a bit like American football)

And then, those designers from across the water, have their garments made up in India or China

Need I go on ????

Suffice to say the QVC buyers are at fault, they should be more heavy handed when stipulating their requirements for the British market.

Latest posts

Back