Sodastream TSV 28th of June

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If they say it's money saving again ................ :angry:

The Cola replacement concentrates cost £20.45 for four bottles making 12 litres each.

So they are costing .43p to make each litre, hardly money saving when you have to provide the water, purchase on top the machine, bottles and the gas.

Money saving :wait:

You can buy a two litre bottle of Cola for £1.

Plus if they quote the goverment and the recycling of plastic bottles well I think they would more likely advise cutting down on the drinking of carbonated drinks, in favour of plain water anyway.

This is what I don't get with it, it just isn't money saving when you think how cheap bottles of pop are at supermarkets, why fork out all this money for the machine and then have to be messing about getting gas canisters, refills of concentrate etc.

I was waiting for them to chip in about how much easier it is not having to carry the bottles of pop home. it was about 5/6mins into it at the 5pm showing! LOL

Also on recycling, a lot of people have recycling bins at home to throw plastic bottles away so saving the environment that way.

i think a lot of it is nostalgia that people are buying this rather than it being a cheap and easy way to make pop

Also on recycling, a lot of people have recycling bins at home to throw plastic bottles away so saving the environment that way.

To be fair though it would be better for thr environment if people did not buy the plastic bottles in the first place as they can't be turned back into a bottle again like a glass bottle can.

I really think the old bottles of concentrate were better with the pump nozzle.

The new bottles are very messy and tend to drip everywhere when you pour them - they do when i use them!

Charlie is making me laugh, why doesn't he listen to what he's saying. He just said that his son has drunk the cranberry and raspberry all weekend as its his favourite, yet when the lady made it he said oh cranberry and raspberry I've never tried this one, thought he'd been making it all weekend! Also, he said he is tee total and the ONLY drink he has is plain fizzy water with ice and lemon, yet he then goes on to say that he doesn't buy bottled fizzy water as it goes flat too quickly. What does he drink then, if the only drink he drinks he doesn't buy. Get a grip you plonker.

Their prices are silly, £165 incl p&p for one, OMG.

Charlie Brooke, latest graduate of the Liz Jones school of continuity.

To be fair though it would be better for thr environment if people did not buy the plastic bottles in the first place as they can't be turned back into a bottle again like a glass bottle can.

Better for the body if people just drank plain water :angel:

All this big push about repeat use of these Sodastream reusable bottles, with the add on replacement ones shown this evening costing £8 per bottle.
During which they said they'd had calls about recycling of the concentrate bottles, oh yes those can be recycled no problem :thinking: they are ok then on the environment :angel:

I guess, if the concentrates make 12 litres of drink, that's a whole heap better than 12 litre plastic bottles.

Thought it was a load of sh*te :down: Wouldn't give it cupboard space. And if I have to listen to that promo one more time.........

Any links to back this up?
As far as i know they are still trading.

Julian Graves are now owned by a conglomerate that also own Holland and Barrett.

I know of 3 local JG shops that are closing, they are even selling off all their display shelving etc. One of these is in Plymouth, the largest city in the SouthWest, so if they can't survive there they don't have much hope in smaller places (Tavistock and Weymouth have recently closed).

I emailed JG a few weeks ago to ask if ALL their shops were closing, but never got a reply.

Julian Graves are now owned by a conglomerate that also own Holland and Barrett.

I know of 3 local JG shops that are closing, they are even selling off all their display shelving etc. One of these is in Plymouth, the largest city in the SouthWest, so if they can't survive there they don't have much hope in smaller places (Tavistock and Weymouth have recently closed).

I emailed JG a few weeks ago to ask if ALL their shops were closing, but never got a reply.

Closing a few shops is not the same as going Bust!
Many companies lose shops that are not profitable and this is obviously what JG is doing at this time.
The head office is based near me and i'm sure they are still trading.

Here is my email to Julian Graves (some details are hidden) - - -

All my local stores (3 locations given) have closed or are closing down.

Is the company itself closing down? If not, where is the nearest store to (location)?

This was sent over 2 weeks ago, and as I haven't had a reply it implies they are not trading.

Here is my email to Julian Graves (some details are hidden) - - -

All my local stores (3 locations given) have closed or are closing down.

Is the company itself closing down? If not, where is the nearest store to (location)?

This was sent over 2 weeks ago, and as I haven't had a reply it implies they are not trading.

They are trading!!!!!
Just Phone 0844 847 6687 (Julian Graves customer services) like i did and they will tell you they are trading still and they will answer your question.
Just because you sent them an e.mail and they didn't reply does not mean they have ceased trading.
Some companies are sloppy at replying, messages get deleted on purpose/accidently by staff and messages can not reach people when servers crash etc.

The sodastream is now £87.84 on QVC, but Argos have an offer on at the minute.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...ogId=1500002901&langId=-1&searchTerms=8421368

Different model, and you only get one bottle & one gas cylinder, but it's only £33.32 and till 26th October you get the flavour pack FOC.

We've just bought two for Xmas presents for our Godkids.
At least it's a cheaper way of finding out if it's only gonna be a 5 day wonder.

Latest posts

Back