Someone please tell Ophelia....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hats off to Annaliese, I really enjoyed her hour doing yesterday's TSV and other techie bits. She actually had both Lee and James explaining stuff for us mere mortals. Yes, she is a bit extra, but her enthusiasm has won me over. Compared to how Chloe was when she started, Annaliese has improved and upped her game very quickly.
I can't help hoping Ophelia takes the same attitude. At present I almost feel her brief is "sit there and look beautiful" as she is a lovely looking young woman. If it wasn't that most of Q's customers are women, it might work... but she does need to make more of an effort or we won't be won over.

Last edited:
Hats off to Annaliese, I really enjoyed her hour doing yesterday's TSV and other techie bits. She actually had both Lee and James explaining stuff for us mere mortals. Yes, she is a bit extra, but her enthusiasm has won me over. Compared to how Chloe was when she started, Annaliese has improved and upped her game very quickly.
I can't help hoping Ophelia takes the same attitude. At present I almost feel her brief is "sit there and look beautiful" as she is a lovely looking young woman. If it wasn't that most of Q's customers are women, it might work... but she does need to make more of an effort or we won't be won over.
I saw that too, and I totally agree, she's turning into a fine presenter. Speaks beautifully when she wants to, yes she'll probably be a bit more manic when presenting stuff she's at home with like the fashion and make up but good on her - I'm really pleased she seems to have turned a corner!

I saw that too, and I totally agree, she's turning into a fine presenter. Speaks beautifully when she wants to, yes she'll probably be a bit more manic when presenting stuff she's at home with like the fashion and make up but good on her - I'm really pleased she seems to have turned a corner!
Sounds as though someone has had a word with her.

So what was all that business at the beginning when she first started then ? licking the clothes and kicking her legs in the air and generally make a show of herself.. I can't see how she was taken on if her showreel was full of that stuff. Transformations don't happen overnight, so clearly someone has obviously said 'shape up or ship out'.

I wrote here back in March that I had really enjoyed one of Annaliese's presentations - to derision. She just needed time to find her feet, and she has. I have no doubt that Ophelia just needs a little time too. I just so hope that she doesn't read here.

Gill’s got a new word in her vocabulary. Having worn out the use of the word “amazing,“ during a show yesterday she kept saying “brilliant” all the time. 🙄

I usually turn the channel over when she’s on but yesterday I amused myself counting up the number of times she said “brilliant,” until I keeled over from sheer boredom.

Apparently she’s also got masses of Lock and Lock. Presumably she lights them all up with the numerous Luxform products she has.
Having self confidence is an asset, but when it's combined with cockiness, you don't impress people. I think this sums up Gill (or Gil?)

I used to work with somone called Gill (pronounced Jill).

When I was moving tp Pymouth I needed to contact a solicitor calleg Gill Akaster.

I naturally assumed it was a woman called Gill with the surname Akaster so I tried to find her number in the telephone directory (remember them?).

It was nowhere to be found.

Much later I found it was the name of the 2 partners of the solicitng firm, stating with Gill (with a hard G). So I should have been looking up the number in the Gs, not the As.

What I really appreciate is that she isn't trying too hard to be enthusiastic about stuff, just being interested to find out more.. means she is putting herself in the customer's shoes. Being over-enthusiastic when it's not credible does the presenter no favours.
I'm sure Ophelia can turn the corner too. Maybe she needs more time or more support, and I hope she gets it.
All the presenters who have been around forever have been able to grow into the role, and if handled right, there's no reason working in selly telly can't be a stepping stone to other things.

They all have a tendency to keep looking at the floor monitor at every opportunity, - some more than others, Chloe, Jill, Chunts and the newbies.

Pippa, Ann, the 2 Allisons, Dale not so much.

I had QVC on in the background yesterday for Marla Wynne - and all I could hear was still so many of the 'I'm loving this' 'you're loving this' and lots of 'absolutely' too, plus she talks so blinking fast! She's doing my head in, I've reached the stage where I can't tolerate her any more and she also comes across so insincere.

I wrote here back in March that I had really enjoyed one of Annaliese's presentations - to derision. She just needed time to find her feet, and she has. I have no doubt that Ophelia just needs a little time too. I just so hope that she doesn't read here.

I had QVC on in the background yesterday for Marla Wynne - and all I could hear was still so many of the 'I'm loving this' 'you're loving this' and lots of 'absolutely' too, plus she talks so blinking fast! She's doing my head in, I've reached the stage where I can't tolerate her any more and she also comes across so insincere.
I'm the same insincere,definitely! Not that everything selly telly folk spout is true but she's on another level. Someone posted on fakebook under a video she did,'volume turned down,much better'🤭! It was removed and a warning from the Q against comments about certain presenters. Keep at she'll be gone soon enough...heaven🙏

Ophelia is lovin' everyfink. Honestly, the amount of times she is either lovin' sumfink, or the customer is lovin' sumfink, or we are all lovin' sumfink gets on my pips.

I've tried to watch her, but she never shuts up, and says the same thing over and over, I just cannot manage to watch for very long.

I did watch Annaliese the other day, and do think that she has improved somewhat. There was no leg flinging up in the air, and she did listen well to what the brand ambassador was saying and let her speak. I hope it lasts.

Annaliese is on now and is very good, I like her, she's enthusiastic but not over the top, no 'loving it' 'you're loving it' etc I noticed earlier when I had QVC on - I don't have it on all day, honest! - that a different presenter, can't remember who, said 'you're loving this' and also said she 'loved it' I thought oh no, for goodness sake not another one, it's catching!

Ophelia is lovin' everyfink. Honestly, the amount of times she is either lovin' sumfink, or the customer is lovin' sumfink, or we are all lovin' sumfink gets on my pips.

I've tried to watch her, but she never shuts up, and says the same thing over and over, I just cannot manage to watch for very long.

I did watch Annaliese the other day, and do think that she has improved somewhat. There was no leg flinging up in the air, and she did listen well to what the brand ambassador was saying and let her speak. I hope it lasts.
Great show with Annaleise and Evie tonight...honestly 🤭👍

Great show with Annaleise and Evie tonight...honestly 🤭👍
Who's Evie missbabs?

Edit: is she the Marla Wynne BA, yes she was good on that. I've been watching Annaliese on L'Occitane and she's doing great but...... she just said 'you're loving this' Oh man, don't you start Annaliese, I like you as a presenter now, you're a breath of fresh air and seem really interested in the products but PLEASE no more 'loving this' Don't spoil it.

Last edited:
Franks has always been a big fan of luvvin' everything - especially beauty products.

The trouble with Ophelia seems to be she is trying to remember all of her spiel and it all comes out in a gabble. Then she gets told something in her ear and off she goes again, so she never draws breath.

I can't help but think if we see all these issues, then surely to God those in charge or at the top of the tree at QVC must be aware of it, but choose not to do anything. All these problems could have been ironed out when they did their auditions. It doesn't make sense.

Jilly (Halliday) has been saying “you’re gonna love this” repeatedly for YEARS!
I find her very tedious to watch and have often felt she can’t be terribly bothered!

Who's Evie missbabs?

Edit: is she the Marla Wynne BA, yes she was good on that. I've been watching Annaliese on L'Occitane and she's doing great but...... she just said 'you're loving this' Oh man, don't you start Annaliese, I like you as a presenter now, you're a breath of fresh air and seem really interested in the products but PLEASE no more 'loving this' Don't spoil it.
Charlie's often saying, 'We're loving this.". It rings the changes a bit!

Latest posts

Back