South sea pearls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mayday

Registered Shopper
I absolutely adore pearls and start to feel the agitation welling up when I know there is a show with Anniversary Prices or special deals involved . I am in the process of trying to justify the purchase of a necklace which is in my basket and on easy pay and Anniversary Price! I'm sure there are several of you out there who share my obsession but who also experience a slight stomach churning feeling when it comes to parting with quite a lot of money for something which I love but don't need.

I"m in the same situation with Lulu Guinness, but if you want it get it, or you"ll kick yourself
after.. Whats the saying "be good to yourself". Go on get it, you know you want to :happy:

I know how you feel! If you get the wear & the pleasure and can afford then go for it.I have an expensive watch but I wear it everyday & enjoy it other pieces hardly see the light of day & have thought of selling them.I like jewellery I wear often.

Thank you for your replies folks . Well Loveinamist I don't have a golden south sea pearl necklace but have pendant and earrings in this colour both bought on last clicks or oto so I could justify the purchase as I'm not really doubling up.

Well Sparklybarbs yes I do want it but I want something every week and generally talk myself out of it . I am essentially a bargain hunter so in addition to loving the item it has to be at a discounted price to motivate me into action. Hey ho decisions decisions !

Think if you"ve to ask about it, you don"t really want it enough, or you"d have pressed click by now :wonder::wonder:

You could be right Sparklybarbs but I always deliberate unless it is an obvious no brainer price wise .

Well easy pay and anniversay price, can get no better, unless its OTO, and what the likelehood of that

going to happen. And you have the pendant and earrings to match, so if you can afford it , go for it x

Was it the cream pearls you are going for Mayday? Hope they are lovely for you, they will go with anything and always look so elegant.

But a question on the Geography. Just had a look at the website and it's says the South Sea pearls are sourced from Indonesia, rather nearer the S China seas and Indian Ocean...according to hubby. So not from Polynesia, as I had presumed then. I only have some black Tahitian pearls, from Gems long ago, but love the look of the golden cream ones.

I absolutely adore pearls and start to feel the agitation welling up when I know there is a show with Anniversary Prices or special deals involved . I am in the process of trying to justify the purchase of a necklace which is in my basket and on easy pay and Anniversary Price! I'm sure there are several of you out there who share my obsession but who also experience a slight stomach churning feeling when it comes to parting with quite a lot of money for something which I love but don't need.

Mayday I'm sure I remember you posting previously about your love of South Sea, and particularly golden pearls :wave:. I think I know the strand you mean, they caught my eye on the offer today! I only have some Tahitian stud earrings at the mo but would *love* the multi golden, Tahitian and white bracelet QVC have. I understand completely about the stomach churning feeling when seriously contemplating such a purchase of a luxury or 'unecessary' product - but I agree with those who say if you can afford it and love it - go for it! I have some vintage pieces of diamond jewellery (from the art deco period, naturally :wink:) that cost me about the same kind of money and I nearly passed out with the stress of buying them - but I still love them years on and I reckon the joy they have given me more than outweighs their original price.

There's always the 30 day MBG too...:nod:

Did you decide?

I definitely buy jewellery with my heart. I fall in love with a piece and I want it. If I can't afford it then I won't buy it but if I can and I really love it the I'll buy it.

About 7 years ago I wanted and fell in love with a gold daisy ring on holiday. It was the equivalent of £70. At the time I was being very sensible. It had been a luxury (expensive) holiday and I hadn't planned to buy myself any jewellery. So I didn't buy it. I've looked for that sodding ring or something similar for seven years! Why the hell I didn't buy it I don't know because I could afford it at the time.

I'd never found anything vaguely like it but it started my love of daisy jewellery. It's the only thing that I have a matching yet eclectic set. Earrings from Dubai, a bracelet and necklace from one designer, a pendant from another and rings from the Daisy collection but I have never found the original. Until last Christmas when I found a daisy ring by the designer Alex Monroe. I love it and it's perfect.

So the moral of my story is if you truly love it and it won't break the bank BUY IT!! Or like me you could be looking for seven years lol.

What's the saying 'Quality will be remembered long after price has been forgotten' if you love it and you can afford it without going into debt (nothing's really worth that ! ) then why not treat yourself !

Well folks I have done the deed , hoorah ! After returning from a couple of drinks at the local with friends , I switched on my laptop to discover that the necklace was still available (now waitlist) so after telling my husband who always says "its up to you" I ordered it . The 30 day MBG does give you confidence doesn't it.
Thank you all for your valuable input and for understanding these crazy slightly obsessive desires we have be it for jewellery, handbags or whatever .

Hope they are as fabulous as you want them to be Mayday. Whenever I did something mad like this, the rule was it had to grab me by the throat on opening the box, if it didn't or "not sure" crept in, back it went. I've never regretted either way, but have to avoid being tempted these days!

Latest posts

Back