Sprinklers? On the day the South East, and chunks of the East get restrictions?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yahweh70

Registered Shopper
Who books the items on these things?

April 1st. Day that the QVC place gets hit by a hosepipe ban.. they try to flog SPRINKLERS? Don't they require hosepipes?

Where's Francis Maude?

Who books the items on these things?

April 1st. Day that the QVC place gets hit by a hosepipe ban.. they try to flog SPRINKLERS? Don't they require hosepipes?

Where's Francis Maude?

Well it is April Fool's Day, hee hee ! :giggle:

Our hosepipe ban comes into force on 5th April too. I suppose those affected by the ban could stick those 'flower' head sprinklers in their gardens to fill in the gaps where QVC plants haven't burst into life. :wink:

Ah so the South East gets a hosepipe ban and so that means the rest of the world isn't allowed to use hosepipes or have the opportunity to buy one does it? :wait:

Th SE last time I looked is only a fraction of the UK - although I have to admit that if we drew an ego-map of the UK then the SE would be the size of the USA while the rest of us would be the size of the Isle of Wight .:cool:

It's a fair chunk of the country that will be affected.

uk_water_drought_464_4.gif

Southern Water, South East Water, Thames Water, Anglian Water, Sutton and East Surrey, Veolia Central and Veolia South East are to enforce restrictions.

All seven companies said they will impose bans from 5 April.

The drought-affected areas are the south-east of England and East Anglia.

But the Environment Agency (EA) warns in a new report that the drought could spread as far north as East Yorkshire and as far west as the Hampshire-Wiltshire border, if the dry weather continues this spring.

The EA warns that drought conditions are expected to spread across more of England in coming weeks, unless strong rains arrive.

BBC News

although I have to admit that if we drew an ego-map of the UK then the SE would be the size of the USA while the rest of us would be the size of the Isle of Wight .:cool:

Miaow Lottie! I'm from the SE and don't have a big ego :drunk:

Ah so the South East gets a hosepipe ban and so that means the rest of the world isn't allowed to use hosepipes or have the opportunity to buy one does it? :wait:

Th SE last time I looked is only a fraction of the UK - although I have to admit that if we drew an ego-map of the UK then the SE would be the size of the USA while the rest of us would be the size of the Isle of Wight .:cool:

Miaow indeed! Agree totally with your first paragraph. Second paragraph.....ouch, now that hurts!

It's still less than 50% of the land mass affected and there are thousands of people living in other areas who for whatever reason may want to buy the offerings QVC has so its not unreasonable that QVC would continue to sell them. Where I live doesn't get much sun but I wouldn't expect QVC to stop selling their solar powered bird bath things to those in areas that do have sun

Tee hee, North of Watford strikes back :giggle:

I only said it in jest although I'm pretty sure Politicians think the world ends at the North Circular sometimes.
(Apologies if I've truly offended anyone)

Yes there's a fair area affected but there is an awful lot not affected, so I was having a go at the OP really. Also, Scotland isn't on that map and I'm pretty sure QVC airs in Ann Dawson's Creek :clapping:

(actually that sounds sooooo wrong now I think about it)

I'm pretty sure Politicians think the world ends at the North Circular sometimes.

They also think the southwest ends at Bristol.

Here in Plymouth (the real SW's largest city) the airport has just closed (Exeter is a fraction of the size but has an international airport), the motorway stops at Exeter, they are going to electrify the railway but only as far as Exeter, we will still have our 30-year old diesel trains. Heard today that Plymouth uni will lose 100 jobs, Exeter uni is taking on 100.

Do I sound bitter? Yes, it takes about 3 1/2 hours to get to London by train (used to get there by air in an hour), and they have just started to build a huge polluting incinerator in the middle of a housing estate. We are also the dumping ground for scrapped nuclear subs, and all the locals have been issued with iodine tablets in case of a radioactive leak.

But we haven't got a hosepipe ban (yet), just the MOST EXPENSIVE water bills in the country, 4 times higher than some places. So QVC can still sell sprinklers to us.

They also think the southwest ends at Bristol.
<snip>

But we haven't got a hosepipe ban (yet), just the MOST EXPENSIVE water bills in the country, 4 times higher than some places. So QVC can still sell sprinklers to us.

<snip>

It's gone past Easter, and South West Water haven't got a hosepipe ban? Really? ****** hell!

Btw got an apology from QVC for them doing that, and a rather tasteless gag about Afros that Julian cracked that really only Julian could crack.

Whether or not it's 'just the South East that has a hosepipe ban', or not (I'm in Nottingham area, hardly Kent!) It's just going to tempt fate for the rest of England (and SWW's past history, having lived down there for a decade before moving up here) that they might be in the same boat, if everyone else starts hosing everything in sight..

Always thought one of the best thing about this forum was the lack of any north-south divide or discrimination of any kind, other than a bit of cheeky banter, which I really hope this was?

Since when did QVC NOT sell products that you actually dont really need, but think you want, even if you can't or wont use it! ( no matter whether you live in the North, the South, the South East, South West, Westcountry, Birmingham, West Midlands, Black Country, Scitland, Ireland, Wales, (or indeed regions therin)..., darkest peru.... stop me as I am bound to offend SOMEBODY I have left off the list....

Forgot to say, I bet there will be people living in the SE who have bought that darn hosepipe... just in case as bet it will come in handy.

As someone who was born in the SE, raised in the NW (where I consider my roots are), live now in SW, 4 years at uni in Midlands worked in Wales, holidayed in Scotland, NI and Eire, ( and the beautiful Westcountry) although I have noticed differences in "ways" and attitudes, with the odd chip-on-shoulder thrown in for good measure in all of the different places, it's just geography and I consider myself a British Citizen, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Latest posts

Back