Steve & Sarah back at Gemporia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ok, so I missed this. Did Steve actually come on air - and was he angry? I will be a very happy bunny if it is back to the old days. They have almost broken the company's reputation with hard sell and questionable practices. I wonder if it is too late to get some of the staff back?
No he wasn't angry, just seemed keen to get company back on track.

Well I hope this is good news. I used to like watching Steve do shows, I thought he was interesting to listen to. I hope he gets rid of the endless droning on from the male experts. Had more than enough of that to last me a lifetime. Bring back the under £30 wheels Steve! And no more jade!!

Thank you I just caught it on YouTube. A tough couple of years - yes, that showed by the massive change in the way they treated customers. I know as a customer I am a "cash cow" to them. But they made it so blatantly apparent in the last few years. It's going to take a while and more than: "Oh look, Steve is back so everything is all right now!" I will wait until I see and feel the change in ethos and company culture.
It takes a while to turn a supertanker round. I will wait.

Well I hope this is good news. I used to like watching Steve do shows, I thought he was interesting to listen to. I hope he gets rid of the endless droning on from the male experts. Had more than enough of that to last me a lifetime. Bring back the under £30 wheels Steve! And no more jade!!
and bring back the live night-time shows and outlet - not lifestyle, outlet.

Thank you I just caught it on YouTube. A tough couple of years - yes, that showed by the massive change in the way they treated customers. I know as a customer I am a "cash cow" to them. But they made it so blatantly apparent in the last few years. It's going to take a while and more than: "Oh look, Steve is back so everything is all right now!" I will wait until I see and feel the change in ethos and company culture.
It takes a while to turn a supertanker round. I will wait.
I just watched it too thanks for PP who mentioned it. I’m not too sure about his claims about trying to save the NHS. What exactly was his contribution to the health service? Surely he doesn’t mean primal.
But it did sound a little bit like crisis talks were had and he didn’t seem as upbeat as Kate.
Also agree about not buying as I have lost trust in them and feel an utter fool for spending so much in the past!!

Whoever wanted an under £30 wheel Hattie is shouting that there is one coming up...
She is also saying the show was put together by Steve and Sarah especially. Somehow, I doubt that. I think they have bigger problems to address first before choosing Hattie's wheel for her... lol

I just watched it too thanks for PP who mentioned it. I’m not too sure about his claims about trying to save the NHS. What exactly was his contribution to the health service? Surely he doesn’t mean primal.
But it did sound a little bit like crisis talks were had and he didn’t seem as upbeat as Kate.
Also agree about not buying as I have lost trust in them and feel an utter fool for spending so much in the past!!
He'd had been trying to persuade the government with a few health ideas I think. I vaguelly remember him mentioning it in the past that he'd had a couple of meetings with the health minister, but I think he was a bit frustrated that nothing came of it. I suspect that is what he's referring to with that comment.

I felt that Steve's message had a few digs / swipes in it aimed at people - in particular, Colin Wagstaffe.

He mentioned that they're bringing back some old popular collections and scrapping some of the current collections. This gave me the impression that he acknowledges that customers aren't happy with the current offerings.

He mentioned that he's coming back because "the company needs leadership". I got the impression that this was a swipe at Colin not running the Company as well as he could / should have.

He mentioned that Sarah was also returning and taking over as head of purchasing. I saw this as a hint that whoever had been over purchasing wasn't negotiating prices down to a level that Gemporia had in the past.

It could also be a hint that he wants to return to the 'direct from mine' / 'cut out the middleman' ethics they once had. In recent years, Jake and Dave had made it quite obvious that they've been buying a lot of material from trade fairs rather than direct from mines.

He also mentioned that he was going out to Jaipur next week for the first time in 5 years. From this, I assume that the reasoning behind it is to perhaps go through quality control with them, to remedy some of the poor quality issues that have crept in recently.

He also said he wants to "get it back to the good old days of fun on air, etc". I saw this as his way of saying that the long, waffling speeches from the three amigos, before sales are perhaps on their way out.

He said there had been a big internal reshuffling too.

I get the impression from his comments, plus the fact that he stated that he was going to run the company again, that Colin Wagstaffe has gone. If so, then that's a major positive because you only have to look at his history to see that that he's not a particularly good managing director (that's the politest way I can put it).

You've taken the words right out of my mouth! I'm hoping that Steve and Sarah being back will bring positive changes and make it like it used to be. I also am embarrassed at how much I've spent on Gemporia items especially during the last 2-3 years. Was I a captive audience and brainwashed during lockdown and working from home? Or do I just have the will power of a gnat? Both probably!

Whoever wanted an under £30 wheel Hattie is shouting that there is one coming up...
She is also saying the show was put together by Steve and Sarah especially. Somehow, I doubt that. I think they have bigger problems to address first before choosing Hattie's wheel for her... lol
I'm not so sure. I think Steve looked totally tired and dejected during his speech. To call a meeting and take the channel away from a live broadcast for two hours in a first for them I believe - so I suspect Steve has gone in and cracked the whip this afternoon.

There's been more Silver this afternoon too and a bit less 'gold tone' - so I think that, plus an under £30 is perhaps a sign that Steve has already made some changes.

Interestingly, some items that I sent back last week were refunded in 10 days this time - rather than almost a month.

I'm not so sure. I think Steve looked totally tired and dejected during his speech. To call a meeting and take the channel away from a live broadcast for two hours in a first for them I believe - so I suspect Steve has gone in and cracked the whip this afternoon.

There's been more Silver this afternoon too and a bit less 'gold tone' - so I think that, plus an under £30 is perhaps a sign that Steve has already made some changes.

Interestingly, some items that I sent back last week were refunded in 10 days this time - rather than almost a month.
My refunds were three weeks, rather than the usual four and a bit. It was still far from ideal, but I was grateful for the improvement. I am afraid I still don't believe Hattie's statements. Mind you, given her previous track record for stretching the truth and hard-selling I tend not to believe her - ever.

You've taken the words right out of my mouth! I'm hoping that Steve and Sarah being back will bring positive changes and make it like it used to be. I also am embarrassed at how much I've spent on Gemporia items especially during the last 2-3 years. Was I a captive audience and brainwashed during lockdown and working from home? Or do I just have the will power of a gnat? Both probably!
I did think the same and, apart from one or two pieces, my purchases tend to be in the early morning secret sale shows. For example I recently bought an AAA tanzanite ring in the early morning. They must have had more returns as they have been selling it for 33 per cent more than I paid. I am sure I have been stung once or twice though.

I did think the same and, apart from one or two pieces, my purchases tend to be in the early morning secret sale shows. For example I recently bought an AAA tanzanite ring in the early morning. They must have had more returns as they have been selling it for 33 per cent more than I paid. I am sure I have been stung once or twice though.
I've been reading about the early morning secret sale shows that have now stopped and I'm annoyed that I never saw any of them! But I was more of a night owl than an early bird so my own fault. Hopefully the 24 hours of shows will return.

I hope they get sorted out. I returned a tanzanite bracelet for repair after just a week of having it. They said they do but do repairs anymore so I asked for refund and it was sent back In The same conditions ( broke. )
I had to return again so after 4 weeks I finally got refund on item and both p&p. But I wanted it repaired. Why have they stopped repairing faulty jewellery. Bring on the good old days. No more 40/50 mins chat about gemstones just good quality jewellery. And Hattie bring back decent handbags less jumpers. I can’t believe she’s tying to sell us fleeces and hats. The girl has lost it.

I never saw Hattie shows. I’ve had enough lately so I’m steering clear for a while. Maybe safe some pennies for the next sales. They’re bound to be one. Or hopefully there bring back the outlet. They were good fun and gold prices. Had anyone noticed his much silver jewellery they gave in the website.

Watched gems a couple of times this evening. It already seems better, different jewellery , no long drawn out spiel ( such a relief) Hattie not shouting so much. I'm hoping that now Steve is back things will improve and go back to great customer service, better quality gem stones and trustworthy. I'm pleased Colin is no longer in charge he did a terrible job at TJC I was really surprised Steve even entertained him let alone give him a job. I'm sorry I missed Steve on Gems tonight I would of liked to hear what he had to say, here's hoping we can look forward to once again a trustworthy channel.

It was me! Darn missed it 🤣

I've been reading about the early morning secret sale shows that have now stopped and I'm annoyed that I never saw any of them! But I was more of a night owl than an early bird so my own fault. Hopefully the 24 hours of shows will return.
If Jeff and the others come back in that slot those shows are worth checking out. It tends to be where most of the "last one" pieces end up. Instead of outlet. I like getting the last one as it means the one I see on the show is what I am getting. I have been very disappointed in the past with some stones, aquaprase, labradorite and opal - for example - when my poorly saturated or patterned stone bears no resemblance at all to the standard of the one I saw. I tend to watch from 5am to 7am on weekdays but all the shows are good. I would say, on average, I pay a third less or half the price of the daytime showings. Some pieces are not as reduced but if you are a bit canny with it you can bag a bargain.

Yes not angry, just not his usual self but sounds like has been a lot going on, so to be expected. Hope Steve can bring back a company that has become so disjointed in terms of brand and purpose.

Latest posts

Back