Stretch Hose TSV 05/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Stretch Hose 100ft Lightweight Hose with Spray Nozzle & Adaptor
Item Number: 505823
QVC Price £63.00
Today's Special Value Price £49.98
P&P £5.95

The innovative Stretch Hose is designed so that as water inside the hose begins to flow, pressure builds and the hose expands and stretches to up to three times its original size. Release the pressure and take the hard work of out of watering your garden with the fantastic auto-retractable Stretch Hose.

Auto-expands, auto-retracts - the secret to the Stretch Hose's ability to expand is in its clever, dual sleeve, water pressure activated design. Inside is a flexible, expandable hose surrounded on the outside by a heavy-duty protective mesh sleeve. As the water inside escapes, the Stretch Hose retracts to its original length within seconds when you turn it off.

Light and compact - crafted from strong, lightweight fabric the Stretch Hose weighs only 1kg, making this a featherweight hose that delivers the high-pressure power of a heavyweight one. It's also compact, so when you’ve finished with it you can simply store it away in the shed, on a hook, in a drawer or even in the back of the car, without it taking up too much space.

Won’t kink or tangle - its rugged Dacron coated design preventing it from getting tangled means it never kinks, never binds and never tangles, so the water flows freely and the slick web mesh outer layer slides smoothly over or under any surface.

Versatile spraying - the eight-way nozzle provides the right spray for every requirement; from fine mist to a full-on jet blast. You can also double your reach by connecting up to two Stretch Hoses together.

Contains:

1 x 100ft Stretch Hose
1 x tap adaptor (2 pieces)
2 x universal adaptors (one male, one female)
1 x washer
1 x 8-spray handheld nozzle with push-lock fitting and soft grip handle
1 x instruction booklet

Technical specification:

External fabric: 600 denier woven fabric
External coating: high grade Dacron coating
Inner tube: heavy-gauge, larger diameter, thicker tubing
Inner tube coating: antioxidant agent
On/off switch
Pressure: up to 60 psi
Length: 30.48m (100ft)
Weight: 1.08kg

Precautions:

Intended for outdoor use only
For the hose to extend, the product must be used with a nozzle or an on/off ball valve
Do not drink from the hose or use the hose to supply drinking water
An outdoor hose may be exposed to conditions that can be hazardous to human health
This product is not intended for hot water use
The Stretch Hose is intended to expand only with use of water; if stretch while drained the hose can quickly retract and cause bodily harm. Do not stretch the hose
The Stretch Hose is intended to be drained after each use. Do not leave the hose under pressure when not in use. Drain the hose completely before storage and store indoors during extreme hot or cold temperatures. Do not leave hose in the sun for extended periods of time

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.505823

I've fancied one of these for ages after seeing a similar one on Ideal World. So - I've ordered it.

The MBG will be really useful if this isn't as good as on the presentation. But, I've got high hopes and am looking forward to getting it.

Hope it meets your expectations there cant be many left in the uk who has not got one except me that is :mysmilie_59:

I've fancied one of these for ages after seeing a similar one on Ideal World. So - I've ordered it.

The MBG will be really useful if this isn't as good as on the presentation. But, I've got high hopes and am looking forward to getting it.

Me too! I have fancied one of these since seeing on Q last year, so have ordered mine with the easy pays.

I thought I'd get one, so did what I usually do, went straight to Amazon and got it cheaper in green, better reviews than QVCs for £16.19 with free delivery, Amazon will refund me up to one year if it develops any faults and if I change my mind in thirty days they'll refund me, that normally takes two days. QVC is always the dearest place to shop.

Last edited:
I thought I'd get one, so did what I usually do, went straight to Amazon and got it cheaper in green, better reviews than QVCs for £16.19 with free delivery, Amazon will refund me up to one year if it develops any faults and if I change my mind in thirty days they'll refund me, that normally takes two days. QVC is always the dearest place to shop.

Can you post a link please? When I looked on Amazon the green and the blue ones are a different make entirely so it is not comparing like for like. The same make on Amazon in 100 ft is over £62?

Can you post a link please? When I looked on Amazon the green and the blue ones are a different make entirely so it is not comparing like for like. The same make on Amazon in 100 ft is over £62?

I don't know how to do links but if you go to Amazon and type in the search box Strech Hose 100ft they'll all come up. I bought the green one for £16.19 the same one as my friends got, she's had hers years and says it's great. So it is good Qualty.

There ARE actually ok, and do what they say on the tin - BUT me being a complete dunderhead had a lot of trouble trying to sort out the nozzles for the outside tap before I could get it to work.

Why do we always get the posts saying that buyers should get a specific item elsewhere eg ebay, market stall, pound shop, Amazon etc... BUT they are not comparing like with like. Unless it's the same make and model, then it's less relevant.

In this case, the hose would need to be of the same material, the same manufacturer and with the same accessories to be comparable.

Yes, it's interesting to see alternatives BUT... they are only alternatives and not necessarily an equal product in terms of quality or spec.

Some posters want to be helpful with providing choice but others just want to throw in an anti-Q 'shop anywhere but QVC' comment which is getting boring now.

I don't think it's anti Q Tiddly, just that you can get a comparible product for less. And we all want to save money!

I am not been anti QVC, but the reviews on QVc for previous ones are not all that glowing, a number have had ones that split over the winter!

Nothing wrong with suggesting alternatives to other posters and letting them decide if they are the same or not and who is to say they are not the same or better anyway particularly if they are cheaper we all want to save money when we can.

Why do we always get the posts saying that buyers should get a specific item elsewhere eg ebay, market stall, pound shop, Amazon etc... BUT they are not comparing like with like. Unless it's the same make and model, then it's less relevant.

In this case, the hose would need to be of the same material, the same manufacturer and with the same accessories to be comparable.

Yes, it's interesting to see alternatives BUT... they are only alternatives and not necessarily an equal product in terms of quality or spec.

Some posters want to be helpful with providing choice but others just want to throw in an anti-Q 'shop anywhere but QVC' comment which is getting boring now.

How rude I look forward to people giving links elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back