Stretch Hose TSV 05/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why do we always get the posts saying that buyers should get a specific item elsewhere eg ebay, market stall, pound shop, Amazon etc... BUT they are not comparing like with like. Unless it's the same make and model, then it's less relevant.

In this case, the hose would need to be of the same material, the same manufacturer and with the same accessories to be comparable.

Yes, it's interesting to see alternatives BUT... they are only alternatives and not necessarily an equal product in terms of quality or spec.

Some posters want to be helpful with providing choice but others just want to throw in an anti-Q 'shop anywhere but QVC' comment which is getting boring now.

So don't bother then! No ones forcing you to go elsewhere and save money, my post was for people that do want to save £40 on a hose that does virtually the same thing. Wether you want to accept it or not, QVC is the dearest place to shop, fact! and if that bores you, so be it, it's not my problem.

There are less-than-glowing reviews of the Amazon one too.....

So they're both not so glowing then.......... I'd soon spend £16.19 for a less than glowing review one, than £56 going up to £70 not so glowing one, bit of a difference hey?

It puzzles me that people watch QVC but say that it is the most expensive place to shop; the presenters are lying through their teeth, the customer service is rubbish and this or that shows are boring. QVC is not an entertainment show, it is a shopping channel and given some comments, I don't understand why people bother with the channel at all.

So they're both not so glowing then.......... I'd soon spend £16.19 for a less than glowing review one, than £56 going up to £70 not so glowing one, bit of a difference hey?

And in that case, of course anyone would buy the cheapest one.

Thank you for posting the link. (Cant like or thank on the App I use). I wanted the Q one specifically for the MBG, the easy pays and the very good TSV price. They also say it uses patented technology so that should mean the others are not exactly the same, even if they are good quality. I agree with Tiddlywinks as my previous post would suggest... price comparisons are only going to convince me to buy elsewhere if it is a genuinely "like for like" product. I had been looking on Amazon for the last few months for one of these hoses but it was the Stretch Hose I wanted. When I saw it was the 100ft one for cheaper than the 75ft one, and on easy pay I decided to go for it. It is getting to the time of year where I need a hose to water my plants in my moderately large newly planted garden, then open the French doors, walk through the kitchen and down the long hallway, just to water the small patch of shrubs at the front (no front lawn) then take it round the side to the garage and point it at the car that always seems filthy! To do this with the hoselock contraption would be cumbersome and although I did it last year it's a chore. In fact with 100ft I bet I wouldn't need to walk through the house at all as it would be long enough to use the side gate and side path. Really hope it lives up to my high hopes.

Thank you for posting the link. (Cant like or thank on the App I use). I wanted the Q one specifically for the MBG, the easy pays and the very good TSV price. They also say it uses patented technology so that should mean the others are not exactly the same, even if they are good quality. I agree with Tiddlywinks as my previous post would suggest... price comparisons are only going to convince me to buy elsewhere if it is a genuinely "like for like" product. I had been looking on Amazon for the last few months for one of these hoses but it was the Stretch Hose I wanted. When I saw it was the 100ft one for cheaper than the 75ft one, and on easy pay I decided to go for it. It is getting to the time of year where I need a hose to water my plants in my moderately large newly planted garden, then open the French doors, walk through the kitchen and down the long hallway, just to water the small patch of shrubs at the front (no front lawn) then take it round the side to the garage and point it at the car that always seems filthy! To do this with the hoselock contraption would be cumbersome and although I did it last year it's a chore. In fact with 100ft I bet I wouldn't need to walk through the house at all as it would be long enough to use the side gate and side path. Really hope it lives up to my high hopes.

It's up to you to buy what you want, but that hose from Amazon is the one my friend has had for ages, it's a stretch hose and its 100ft for £16.19 and does the same job. As for MBG, Amazon give a thirty day money back guarantee and if an item develops a fault in twelve months they'll replace or refund, so that's good enough for me.

It puzzles me that people watch QVC but say that it is the most expensive place to shop; the presenters are lying through their teeth, the customer service is rubbish and this or that shows are boring. QVC is not an entertainment show, it is a shopping channel and given some comments, I don't understand why people bother with the channel at all.

Aw don't let it puzzle you it's simple, we watch said lying presenters and QVC to see what's out there, then go out and buy the item cheaper elsewhere. My last bargain was I seen a Kipling bag I liked on QVC that I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't watched but it was £68 so I went to Amazon and bought it for £29.............result!

Aw don't let it puzzle you it's simple, we watch said lying presenters and QVC to see what's out there, then go out and buy the item cheaper elsewhere. My last bargain was I seen a Kipling bag I liked on QVC that I wouldn't have known about if I hadn't watched but it was £68 so I went to Amazon and bought it for £29.............result!

Now Kipling bags are cheaper elsewhere and that can often be genuine like for like. I stopped buying Kipling though a while ago. I have about 5 that I use but am into my leather bags again.

Can I just say that my OH (who thinks QVC is the biggest rip off on the planet) spent half the morning searching for a better deal than this hose before asking me to order it. After I had applied the smelling salts and had two large whiskies I complied with his request. I personally would not have spent that money but hey ho - he who has spoken might now realise why I spend so much on decleor and molton brown :mysmilie_11:
cc

Can I just say that my OH (who thinks QVC is the biggest rip off on the planet) spent half the morning searching for a better deal than this hose before asking me to order it. After I had applied the smelling salts and had two large whiskies I complied with his request. I personally would not have spent that money but hey ho - he who has spoken might now realise why I spend so much on decleor and molton brown :mysmilie_11:
cc

Lol! Well let's hope it does a good job or else we will both end up sending it back. I am always reluctant to buy a "copycat" brand. No idea why. But your OH is right, for this branded hose the QVC deal was the best available.

Lol! Well let's hope it does a good job or else we will both end up sending it back. I am always reluctant to buy a "copycat" brand. No idea why. But your OH is right, for this branded hose the QVC deal was the best available.

Who's to say QVCs are the original, they may be the copycat brand. There are a few things QVC have copied, take Cooks Essentials for instance. They copied that chopper that you push down, from JML who copied it from one sold on Amazon, CE also copied that chopper that you pull the cord and it chops things up from a brand that was doing it before, can't remember the name. So CE who are QVC, have copied a few things. QVC also copied the jeggings that look like jeans from Highstreet TV too, just because QVC sell it, doesn't make it them the original or the best.

Last edited:

Qvc's stretch hose is a copycat of the X hose

Quite often you only get what you pay for and usually that is governed by what you can afford to pay.

Oh what the hell I dont care if it's a copy or not. I'm not arguing about a sodding hose. I just had my eye on the Q one for ages. That's what I chose. That's what I bought. Forgive me for contributing to this thread.

Mr Akimbo bought the QVC orange stretchy hose last summer and has been v happy with it. I don't know whether it's ok to use with our pressure washer though. Did anyone mention them during the TSV presentations yesterday?

Oh what the hell I dont care if it's a copy or not. I'm not arguing about a sodding hose. :mysmilie_59: I just had my eye on the Q one for ages. That's what I chose. That's what I bought. Forgive me for contributing to this thread.
:mysmilie_3:

Lordy! if I started trying to analyse my purchasing decisions I'd go completely insane! :mysmilie_1:

We bought the QVC one because the 30 day MBG meant we could try it for a variety of uses before deciding. Once we were sure it was a keeper we bought a second one (same brand) from ebay. I tend to apply the same process for skincare - try from Q then repurchase from ebay (or other website). For the sake of a couple of quid, buying from QVC is comfy familiar option, and if anything goes awry I know I can tackle their customer service for a favourable outcome; there's always that element of risk ordering from a new site and I'm not sure many places would want a used hose returned to them. It's definitely something you need to test.

We are all fickle creatures this xhose thing will last so long then QVC will come out with some new innovation and the xhose will suddenly not be flavour of the month,for example i seem to remember not so very long ago we had this unkinkable fire department hose from usa on qvc that was the bees knees what happened to that i wonder, anyway i hope this is ok for the people who have purchased it.

F
:mysmilie_3:

Lordy! if I started trying to analyse my purchasing decisions I'd go completely insane! :mysmilie_1:

We bought the QVC one because the 30 day MBG meant we could try it for a variety of uses before deciding. Once we were sure it was a keeper we bought a second one (same brand) from ebay. I tend to apply the same process for skincare - try from Q then repurchase from ebay (or other website). For the sake of a couple of quid, buying from QVC is comfy familiar option, and if anything goes awry I know I can tackle their customer service for a favourable outcome; there's always that element of risk ordering from a new site and I'm not sure many places would want a used hose returned to them. It's definitely something you need to test.

I agree, stick to what's familar. Amazon who started on July 5th 1994 is familar to me, with their cheaper prices, free p&p, 30 day MBG, excellent customer care, goods guaranteed against faults for one year and refunds that take one to three days. We all like to shop at different places.

Just seen an info-mercical (hate that word) for the X hose for the first time. Can't believe I had never heard of it before. It looks very similar to the X hose but I think the inside of the hose is different. The X hose is a hose within a hose and the Stretch Hose is a hose within a hose with the addition of bead-thingy's. I wrongly assumed that the Stretch Hose came first because they go on about the patented technology.

My hose is on the way! Can't believe I am so excited about a hose pipe!

Latest posts

Back