Stretch Hose TSV 05/04/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who's to say QVCs are the original, they may be the copycat brand. There are a few things QVC have copied, take Cooks Essentials for instance. They copied that chopper that you push down, from JML who copied it from one sold on Amazon, CE also copied that chopper that you pull the cord and it chops things up from a brand that was doing it before, can't remember the name. So CE who are QVC, have copied a few things. QVC also copied the jeggings that look like jeans from Highstreet TV too, just because QVC sell it, doesn't make it them the original or the best.

Just like they did their own cooks essentials version of the tefal soup maker, Philips air fryer, instant pot pressure cooker.......

Just like they did their own cooks essentials version of the tefal soup maker, Philips air fryer, instant pot pressure cooker.......

Yes that's true, QVC have no originals, just cheap imitations...........well I say cheap, they're cheaper made but more expensive to buy :mysmilie_508:

Anyhoo, I saw it when it was on Q and thought it was a good idea but a. Didn't want to pay that much and b. didn't want one that was 100ft long, so I've just ordered one of Amazon that's only 50ft. For £7.00. (So if it's a pile of plop I'll chuck it in the bin. Suits me. :up:

Woo hoo! It's arrived with no cardboard box just the branded box. My courier said he really wants one! He asked how much and was very impressed it was 100ft!!!!

Woo hoo! It's arrived with no cardboard box just the branded box. My courier said he really wants one! He asked how much and was very impressed it was 100ft!!!!

Tell him the ones on Amazon are only £16.19 for 100ft and just as good, if you like him you won't let him spend £70 for virtually the same thing.

I bought the X hose last year when they were POD on IW and that was quite a few months before the stretch hose was aired on QVC. I only bought it because I was fed up with fighting with a rigid hosepipe which kept getting kinks in it. To be honest, a hose is a hose but I certainly find the X hose easier to manoeuvre round the garden and, like the stretch hose, it 'puts itself way' when I've finished using it.

yes 100 foot is not a common length,. I personally don't find my Hoselock that awkward and I have a front garden, and 70foot of back garden.My hoselock came with storage reel and an assortment of ends. Guaranteed life on hose.

yes 100 foot is not a common length,. I personally don't find my Hoselock that awkward and I have a front garden, and 70foot of back garden.My hoselock came with storage reel and an assortment of ends. Guaranteed life on hose.

We have a hoselock and it's on a reel but the attachment needed replacing last year and that's where they have you! At the garden centre I went to... where Hoselock seems to be the only brand sold, you can't buy a simple basic replacement attachment on it's own without buying an entire new hose! You can get a set of expensive fancy attachments for it but not the standard one it comes with. I find the Hoselock heavy and a pain when it twists around. I am not praising one brand of stretch/flex/X hose over another but the concept of the light weight hose like these is appealing. They are cheaper than hoselock too.

Tell him the ones on Amazon are only £16.19 for 100ft and just as good, if you like him you won't let him spend £70 for virtually the same thing.

There we go again - how do you *know* it's just as good?

Why judge others here who CHOOSE to make their own decisions and buy from Q for their own reasons?

Unless you compare the same product side by side, you cannot make an accurate deduction than one is better than the other... you can only say that one costs less than the other.

For instance, 'waterproof' coats can look very much alike but can differ in price by hundreds of pounds. But, one might be nylon that'll keep the rain out but makes you sweat so much that you get wet inside anyway. The other might be a Gore-Tex fabric that allows the condensation to escape. If you go by looks and price alone then you may get an inferior product.

I'm just fed up with the posts knocking those who have chosen to shop with Q. Give us some credit for being able to decide what is right for us... not you.

In the olden days, people chatted about the merits and demerits of products and it was fun. Now it's taken a nastier turn which is a little bit pathetic for a site simply talking about TV shopping - it's not like we're discussing life and death issues.

Please just accept that some of us make buying decisions on things other than cost alone.

The only way you could make an accurate judgement on these garden hoses would be if you had both and used both in the same way and then - and only then - you could definitely say that they were equally as good as each other, the only difference being the price.

I'm not reading this thread any longer as once again it's been spoiled by Nasty remarks,it's a dam hose get over it.

The only way you could make an accurate judgement on these garden hoses would be if you had both and used both in the same way and then - and only then - you could definitely say that they were equally as good as each other, the only difference being the price.

Yes my friends got the Amazon stretch hose, does the exact same thing so how identical do you want it to be? it's only the colour and the name that's different, anyway forgive me if I don't converse further with you, you have a habit of causing trouble, so I'll say good evening to you.

I'm not reading this thread any longer as once again it's been spoiled by Nasty remarks,it's a dam hose get over it.

Totally agree lynnonthelake, I'm moving off it too, usual group out to cause trouble again so I'm going to leave them to it too.

So 6 pages of women discussing how far and long a hose will stretch will it last and will we get value from it.:mysmilie_17:

Like a scene from a Carry On movie, Barbara Windsor to Sid James. "How long will this hose stretch and will I get want I need for the money?":tongue:

A hose is a hose of course of course, that is of course unless the hose is the famous Mr ( include your own brand )

I will be glad when this thread falls off the bottom of the list because every time I see the title of the thread I think it's about the spandex type underwear.

Well no nasty comments from me. I got my hose a couple of days after I ordered it - very good QVC. Fitted it to my tap, no leaks, works fine. What I like is that I have a small garden and the hose does not fill up then "come alive" - you know, twisting everywhere because it's a long hose , it just lies on the patio full of water while I hose down the garden and when I'm finished it just shrinks back to its new home in a plant pot. It will be plenty long enough to go through my (mid terraced) house to the front to wash the windows, car and water front garden. I'm pleased with it. I am a person that has bought cheap and a month or so later has bought expensive when said cheap item is in the bin. We will all make up our own minds.

CC

Latest posts

Back