Super brilliant, fantastic...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
Maybe I'm just feeling cross tonight, but Jilly's superlatives are driving me mad. I know the presenters have to glorify the items, but she's off the scale!

She's definitely one I at least mentally switch off to, droning on with her same old, same old phrases in that awful monotone voice, her selling tactics have been firmly on autopilot for a good few years now! She doesn't even occasionally jolt you into wakefulness with the odd squeak, squawk or change in tone that most of 'em at least do....!
:mysmilie_490:

She uses that ghastly term "price point" more than anyone else - oh, apart from Glen "Going Forward" Thingy...

I'm amazed that this woman meets her sales targets. I've never been tempted to buy anything she sells, even if I've taken to fancy to something before she presents it. The ridiculous use of all these superlatives; incredible, fantastic, superb, all reeled out in the same monotonous voice without the slightest degree of enthusiasm. Then of course we have the way she says thirdy, fordy etc., just drives me nuts:( I don't think she's the sharpest knife in the drawer, but surely, with some extra training she could pull something a little more engaging out of the bag.

Sounds bored, uninformed about the products and lazy. I noticed how sloppily she talks the other day. I reckon all she thinks about are her seemingly endless holidays. Even her blogs are boring-seems to spend a lot of time with the kids at various attractions. Sometimes she sniggers as if taking the p-ss out of what the guest has said too. Not a fan.

......Sometimes she sniggers as if taking the p-ss out of what the guest has said too. Not a fan.

Yes - I've noticed that too and it's even more obvious if you listen to her but don't watch. It does sound as if she is laughing/sneering at things.

Are we even going to mention the hair? It looks in great condition but ............

I am never tempted to watch her or anything she presents, although she seemed quite engaged when presenting with Laura Geller recently. Her phrase that drives me mad us "this will stand you in really good stead". I remember years ago I watched a diamonique show where she ended every item with "this is selling g really quickly...please don't miss out...it will stand you in really good stead!" Aaagghhh!

" a good one to go for" is another one of her stock phrases, it makes me grit my teeth and then I switch off.

I feel she never means anything she's says. Her sentences are just a bunch of cliches and stock phrases/words put together. She seems incapable of just giving us the relevant info without trying to brainwash us into buying it. It doesn't work Jilly! In fact thinking about it, I've never bought an item you've showcased.
I don't dislike her she's probably a lovely person, but I think she's a poor presenter.

Lol. Ditto to it all!!

Boring and inoffensive but extremely annoying :rolleyes:

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Well I think you all are really mean! I really like Jilly and don't find her boring at all. Yes, I know she repeats herself 'very very quickly indeed!!', but thats not the worst crime in my book. I would much rather sit through a presentation with her, than the ultimate bird brain, JF who owns everything and considers herself a beauty and fashion icon. Obviously she will have massive sales during her hours on air - because we ALL want to be just like her! Jilly is only a lightweight in comparison.

Just my opinion, of course

Latest posts

Back