Take Note Qvc ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
I was channel flicking last week and noticed Ideal World had the Blossom Collection Faux Flowers. I really liked the look of the Orchids (they were on offer at £19.99 at the time)

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/phalaenopsis-potted-plant-with-9-led-lights-335552?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=orchid

So i spoke to my friend and she told me IW had sent her a code( 777936 ,£10 Off No minimum spend), after checking my emails i got the same code so thought why not. Ordered Wednesday evening and arrived this morning and they are beautiful , So pleased with them so i decided i wanted the smaller ones too ...

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/phalaenopsis-potted-plant-with-3-led-lights-346467?p=1

A quick google search and i found another code ( 347301 £10 off, No minimum spend) Ive ordered two of them for £12.97 delivered.

So unlike Qvc who pick and choose who gets Easy pay and discount codes, Ideal World allow all there customers be them new or old to have these deals.

Once again Qvc had a birthday code last week which only a select few received again.

I certainly will be shopping more with Ideal World and Less with Qvc from now on :)

I've had some great deals on IW just recently, all with excellent service without the swingeing P&P costs. Let's hope they keep improving. I love how their FlexiPay offers stay in place permanently and not just for a single show, and capped P&P.

I agree Autumn, everyone is treated the same at IW. In my twenty years at QVC, being a customer from day one I got absolutely nothing, not a code, not money off, nothing. I've been with IW since day one and I've lost count of the money I've saved, I do like the fact there's no favouritism and putting the code on the front benefits everyone. IW is my kinda shopping channel, good prices, good products with an hour to demonstrate them, I get a migraine if I watch pretentious QVC for more than a minute with all the rushing and shouting in a desperate attempt to get you to buy as many products as they can throw at you.

You should post this on the IW threads if you haven't already Autumn; I love a bargain.

I was channel flicking last week and noticed Ideal World had the Blossom Collection Faux Flowers. I really liked the look of the Orchids (they were on offer at £19.99 at the time)

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/phalaenopsis-potted-plant-with-9-led-lights-335552?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=orchid

So i spoke to my friend and she told me IW had sent her a code( 777936 ,£10 Off No minimum spend), after checking my emails i got the same code so thought why not. Ordered Wednesday evening and arrived this morning and they are beautiful , So pleased with them so i decided i wanted the smaller ones too ...

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/phalaenopsis-potted-plant-with-3-led-lights-346467?p=1

A quick google search and i found another code ( 347301 £10 off, No minimum spend) Ive ordered two of them for £12.97 delivered.

So unlike Qvc who pick and choose who gets Easy pay and discount codes, Ideal World allow all there customers be them new or old to have these deals.

Once again Qvc had a birthday code last week which only a select few received again.

I certainly will be shopping more with Ideal World and Less with Qvc from now on :)

Thanks for posting that here Autumn, giving other people the chance to save a couple of quid that don't normally go on IWs threads. :mysmilie_508:

I too have shopped (a lot) with QVC from day one and I have never had an offer code or a "heads up" or a sneak peek or freebie or anything. Who gets these offer codes then? Is it random or are people selected via facebook or the like?

CC

Thanks, Autumn. I might have my first look on the IW site for about 5 years! You should get commission.

I had a £10 off code from QVC a few summers ago, which I seem to remember several people on here did also, and have received a very occasional Easy Pay code. But the thing I have never had and would love is the Beauty Bash invitation. That one seems to be much more selective and exclusive.

I used to get lots of invitations to jewellery days, beauty days but it was pretty useless as it would involve flights and hotel stays, but haven't been invited late,y.

I get loads of easy pay codes but I don't do easy pays.

Are we seeing a pattern here?

I too have shopped (a lot) with QVC from day one and I have never had an offer code or a "heads up" or a sneak peek or freebie or anything. Who gets these offer codes then? Is it random or are people selected via facebook or the like?

CC

I have been a customer since very early and never received anything don't even get e-mails anymore. Can't spend enough, well anything if truth be known, nowadays.

I have also been shopping with Q since '94 and although i get loads of emails advertising this, that and the other, I have never ever received any codes for money off, easy pays or anything! Not that i'm worried i rarely shop with them anymore. My purchase for the 2 opi TSVs the other day must have shocked them. So long has it been in fact, that i had to add a password to my account first! :mysmilie_17:

I used to get a Christmas card from them with easy pays offered, a joke since I never use easy pay. Now I don't even get a card.

:mysmilie_512:

I still get the Christmas card and of course it gets pride of place, well it would be rude not to since each and everyone one of them has gone to all the trouble of signing it for me.:mysmilie_11:

I'm often tempted by some of the things IW sell (not many, but a few) but cannot bring myself to order after the awful service I had previously... I swore then I'd never shop with them again and I've stuck to it... Their customer service during that instance was the most woeful I've ever had the misfortune to come across... maybe they have made improvements though... it certainly couldn't be any worse... maybe i will try them one last time if something catches my eye.

I'm often tempted by some of the things IW sell (not many, but a few) but cannot bring myself to order after the awful service I had previously... I swore then I'd never shop with them again and I've stuck to it... Their customer service during that instance was the most woeful I've ever had the misfortune to come across... maybe they have made improvements though... it certainly couldn't be any worse... maybe i will try them one last time if something catches my eye.
That totally echoes my experience and like yourself I'm beginning to ask myself if IW could possibly worse than Q at present.

That totally echoes my experience and like yourself I'm beginning to ask myself if IW could possibly worse than Q at present.

In my experience I've always had brilliant service and I've ordered a lot from IW, it's always been delivered fast and efficiently, any problem I've had was dealt with with fast and efficiently too, for example, I recieved a faulty halogen oven, the lid was loose kept dropping down, I emailed them, a few hours later I got an email back telling me I can keep the faulty one and they're sending me a new one out, 9.30 the next morning there was a knock at the door and there was my new oven, just over 24 hours from contacting them. QVC on the other hand, I've had used products, products with items missing so I've got to send the whole lot back, coats with someone's reciept in, used Ninja, the list goes on and on and on, also things not turning up all for expensive p&p charge. But we all like different things and have different experiences, this is mine, I've never had a bad shopping experience with IW, wouldn't TV shop anywhere else now.

Last edited:
I have been a customer since very early and never received anything don't even get e-mails anymore. Can't spend enough, well anything if truth be known, nowadays.

Thing is, I DO spend quite a lot and that's because I don't go into town etc and I like the fact that after 3 weeks I can think "you know what, I can live without this" and get my cash back. The only emails I get are the usual thanks for your order etc. Maybe if I stopped buying they'd send me an incentive.

I think IW have upped their ante with everything and I have ordered a few things now and then. I don't even mind their call centre anymore as the guys on the phone are quite amusing - I even fall for their sales pitch sometimes and buy something I don't need just for the chat.

CC

Thing is, I DO spend quite a lot and that's because I don't go into town etc and I like the fact that after 3 weeks I can think "you know what, I can live without this" and get my cash back. The only emails I get are the usual thanks for your order etc. Maybe if I stopped buying they'd send me an incentive.

I think IW have upped their ante with everything and I have ordered a few things now and then. I don't even mind their call centre anymore as the guys on the phone are quite amusing - I even fall for their sales pitch sometimes and buy something I don't need just for the chat.

CC

I've been with IW since day one and I agree, they've really gone from strength to strength, after all they wouldn't still be going after 18 years if customers weren't happy, and they haven't even got a massive global empire to back them up either, they're still strong because of good customer service, IW offer good reasonably priced products, flexi pays and good p&p, even their auto delivery is better on their beauty (I do love IW beauty) one of the good things I like is if somethings missing from your parcel, they just send you the missing piece, no waiting for a pre paid label for a week, then allow two weeks to get it, then a week to send it back out, no I can't be doing with all that.

On this morning's Lavitta fashion show, IW were giving free P&P and free returns in case items didn't fit! That's what makes the difference in customer appeal, after all, how many of us here won't buy things from QVC because it means wasting so much P&P if they're not what you really wanted when they (eventually) turn up! Plus 20% extra off the price and the stuff is decent and reasonably priced. I don't even bother watching QVC's fashion shows anymore because it's all far too expensive, too much P&P and most of what they sell really doesn't qualify as fashion, in my opinion.

I agree with the pricing 100%. Sometimes I do a double take on IW because clothes are so cheap and on QVC I do a double take because I'm thinking HOW MUCH????

CC

I've been with IW since day one and I agree, they've really gone from strength to strength, after all they wouldn't still be going after 18 years if customers weren't happy, and they haven't even got a massive global empire to back them up either, they're still strong because of good customer service, IW offer good reasonably priced products, flexi pays and good p&p, even their auto delivery is better on their beauty (I do love IW beauty) one of the good things I like is if somethings missing from your parcel, they just send you the missing piece, no waiting for a pre paid label for a week, then allow two weeks to get it, then a week to send it back out, no I can't be doing with all that.

Hmm might give them another try. I lost my log in details and refuse to use their 09 telephone number. Will set up again on a different email as I did have some nice things from them.

Latest posts

Back