The Bid dictionary, what those infamous phrases really mean...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nikki

Registered Shopper
Ok so here's s few old chestnuts to get started...

"We're having our massive & I mean massive clearance of the year"!!
(We're going to flog stuff at higher prices that we were a couple of days ago)

"We've got something happening so amazing at midnight you won't believe...YOU can't miss this"!
(We've got some old toot like a plastic piano, bean bag slippers & yet more Tanzanite that we know you wouldn't stay watching if we actually showed you first)

"What I love about this, (pendant), is that it's a one of a kind & no one else will have one"
(A swarovski pendant, 300 being sold in 1 presentation)

"I have for you here the Yarvik ipod"
(It's actually nothing to do with an ipod so the Yarvik ipod therefore doesn't exist)

"These opals are so rare & sought after they're triple protected"
(Triplet opal, slithers of opal bonded together)

"Kylie Minogue walked into Harrods & bought this serum"!
(How could she when it's an unknown new brand exclusive to Bid. As P sherlock said on a thread on here, "I love bringing new products to market")

"This serum retails for £109 on the Skin Pharmacy website"
(The afore mentioned unknown brand has likley made up a website to inflate the price)

Last edited:
"This is the very last of these"
(for this shift)

Yep, good one Momma, "This is...and I mean this...the very last of stock, once these go they're gone" Actually means as you say, until the next presenter appears with them ref-Yarvik tablet.

'And it's Gold' followed by inexplicable, incoherent mumbling then stopping dead.

PS selling plated jewellery, if it is actually real gold he is far more clear.

"what price are you thinking? what price have you got in your head? £80? £50?"

(well I was thinking more along the lines of a tenner and that's being generous!)

Hahaha so that's 50p when you take into account p&p & the call to order then

"what price are you thinking? what price have you got in your head? £80? £50?"

(well I was thinking more along the lines of a tenner and that's being generous!)

Yeh or even cheaper.. I remember Mike selling a tape measure and he said "how much would expect to pay? £20? £30? You can get one from Poundland so I think a £1 is more like it lol

'It dosen't matter who you are king, queen or pauper that's the best Tanzanite in the world you can buy'.
(it's that good it's set in gold plate'.

'It dosen't matter who you are king, queen or pauper that's the best Tanzanite in the world you can buy'.
(it's that good it's set in gold plate'.
Oh yes! How could I have missed that diamond in the rough phrase?! & not forgetting the Gods, Warriors & Emperors too :nod: Ahhh but I'm not sure if he rolls them out for the big guns like the amethyst :giggle::rock:

Last edited:
Exclusive - No reputable high street store would touch it with a bargepole!

High end department store - Poundstretcher

Bargain - What you would be getting from us if we didn't rip you off with the p&p charges

Gold - Anything that's remotely yellow in colour, if it's metal that's even better!

Encrusted- sparse covering of dust particles, which could be counted on one hand by a person who has three fingers missing!

Light, fresh fragrance - cheap body spray

Exotic sexy fragrance - flykiller

Headphones - Slight improvement upon 2 empty baked bean tins and a length of string!

Bass test reflex sheet......Bit of paper with writing on

Pick of the year....The rubbish we need to shift most

Designer dress....Tommy and Kate

Designer handbag....Rosa Benini

P.S ...Dr Cringle is a quack!

Exclusive - No reputable high street store would touch it with a bargepole!

High end department store - Poundstretcher

Bargain - What you would be getting from us if we didn't rip you off with the p&p charges

Gold - Anything that's remotely yellow in colour, if it's metal that's even better!

Encrusted- sparse covering of dust particles, which could be counted on one hand by a person who has three fingers missing!

Light, fresh fragrance - cheap body spray

Exotic sexy fragrance - flykiller

Headphones - Slight improvement upon 2 empty baked bean tins and a length of string!

Bass test reflex sheet......Bit of paper with writing on

Pick of the year....The rubbish we need to shift most

Designer dress....Tommy and Kate

Designer handbag....Rosa Benini

P.S ...Dr Cringle is a quack!

OH Merryone TOTALLY PMSL at that!! Hilarious!! :mysmilie_483::mysmilie_500:

Here's the latest precious metal fib that aired yesterday...

Sterling Silver bracelet strap-actually it was Stainless Steel (on a Lars watch & quoted as such on their website so they can't possibly say they didn't know).

Latest posts

Back