Lucy, Lucy Lucy!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no.!!! This site is becoming as addictive as facebook. Thank you all for your welcomes. It's very kind of you

I have always been a person who makes her own mind up about stuff and thus far my experience has been a good one. Especially the call center man !!

I do understand your gripes though. Some of that sounds awful and really shocking. I hope my tanzanite doesn't fade !!

I really do like Lucy and Adina very much, just a personal opinion but I think they are both cheerful, bubbly, pretty and confident girls. It isn't easy to just walk out of a job one day and into another the next. I empathize with the girls (and boys), it can't be easy to enthuse over every piece they are required to shift but to pay the mortgage it is necessary. We all have to show company loyalty, I work as a nurse in the NHS. Believe you me, there are a few things I would really like to say at times but it would compromise my job and the only one(s) who would suffer are me and my family. I have one daughter at University, another one going off this year and another at ballet school, so it takes all my pennies! I am sure most of us who work are doing so because we need the money, not just for the fun of it?

I do agree that an awful lot of lower end stuff is being sold by Gemstv these days. I buy a whole lot less but this is purely down to the items not appealing to me and not the presenters. The only one I have not warmed to yet is James but I sincerely do hope he will get more watchable for me in time!

I mean no offence to any of my friends on here, we all differ in our opinions :)

Inge xx

I really do like Lucy and Adina very much, just a personal opinion but I think they are both cheerful, bubbly, pretty and confident girls. It isn't easy to just walk out of a job one day and into another the next. I empathize with the girls (and boys), it can't be easy to enthuse over every piece they are required to shift but to pay the mortgage it is necessary. We all have to show company loyalty, I work as a nurse in the NHS. Believe you me, there are a few things I would really like to say at times but it would compromise my job and the only one(s) who would suffer are me and my family. I have one daughter at University, another one going off this year and another at ballet school, so it takes all my pennies! I am sure most of us who work are doing so because we need the money, not just for the fun of it?

I do agree that an awful lot of lower end stuff is being sold by Gemstv these days. I buy a whole lot less but this is purely down to the items not appealing to me and not the presenters. The only one I have not warmed to yet is James but I sincerely do hope he will get more watchable for me in time!

I mean no offence to any of my friends on here, we all differ in our opinions :)

Inge xx

I can't speak for everyone Inge, but I feel sure that none is/will be taken.

As regards your job, not speaking out (particularly where you are a tiny voice in a massive and very powerful organisation) is a considerably different thing to the sort of lying and blatant misleading that takes place on most shopping channels. I don't know you "in real life" but, from what I do know of you, am sure you wouldn't behave in that manner. I absolutely know that I wouldn't forego certain of my principles for something as trivial as shopping telly. Things may not be good, but we aren't in the depression era - yet. xxxx

What really gets my dander up - is when Vicki puts that really pathetic, stupid face, that makes her look almost like a gargoyle - you know the one when she pulls such a face - where her bottom jaw is hitting the floor is "shock/surprise" last time I saw her do it - she must have frozen - as she kept that face on for some time - so much so, i turned over - pathetic - wouldnt be so bad, if she could actually act as if she is genuinely shocked - but she doesnt, she comes across as OTT, and stilted and incredibly false. and thats in my imopho to boot. :mysmilie_11:

Inge xx

I bet you need a reinforced tongue at times, what with all the 'biting it' you must have to do. :mysmilie_73:

I loved reading your post i think you have a terrific outlook on life and speak great sense. the most important thing in my life is my family and like you i have always just got on and done what was required. i also have the teeth marks on my tongue to prove it :mysmilie_61:

I have mixed emotions at the low end pieces. i love to see the big amazing bits, but cant really afford them, but its nice to dream:mysmilie_696:. the low end pieces i can afford (just ordered a little silver and garnet ring for my sister) and the thrill of buying it is still there.....not quite as exciting as buying a big beautiful rock, but still fun :mysmilie_701:

i've seen this done twice now, Vicki last night & Nick yesterday afternoon, making a big song & dance of talking to the producer, finger on earpiece "are you sure?", "will the computer let us do that?!" - of course it flippin will!

i've seen this done twice now, Vicki last night & Nick yesterday afternoon, making a big song & dance of talking to the producer, finger on earpiece "are you sure?", "will the computer let us do that?!" - of course it flippin will!

:mysmilie_348: strange, how the computer never says "NO!!" to a ridiculous price crash for gems, eh??? :mysmilie_17: and likewise the stupid faces she pulls then - when she has her finger holding her ear piece in ! If they could hand out oscars for over acting at gems towers Vicki would win first prize - followed by a few runners up from the same channel!!! lol

What really gets my dander up - is when Vicki puts that really pathetic, stupid face, that makes her look almost like a gargoyle - you know the one when she pulls such a face - where her bottom jaw is hitting the floor is "shock/surprise" last time I saw her do it - she must have frozen - as she kept that face on for some time - so much so, i turned over - pathetic - wouldnt be so bad, if she could actually act as if she is genuinely shocked - but she doesnt, she comes across as OTT, and stilted and incredibly false. and thats in my imopho to boot. :mysmilie_11:

You know what, i see all that as part of the entertainment:mysmilie_698:i find it hard to see how it could be taken any other way:mysmilie_34:

If i want someone dead serious i will go to goldsmiths :mysmilie_61:. of course its all made up, cheesy, silly and nonsense but thats because its Television showbiz right? surely its meant to be taken as such:mysmilie_17:

I think it would be poorer viewing if they hired a load of dead pan jewellers who just sit there ...."yawn"
these girls are all TV presenters and actresses (as someone else pointed out) and as such have to put a bit of the old 'frazzle dazzle' into it in order to make it entertaining and i have to say for me they are doing a good job

sorry i cant agree on this one x:mysmilie_698:

There are more ways of entertaining an audience than being deceitful. I don't find trying to wring the last penny out of folk by poor acting and lies, very funny at all. I have a strong sense of humour, I survive by it, but I find this type of presenting boring and unpleasant in the extreme. Others have managed a balance, Rod, Matthew, Derek and Drew all spring to mind immediately. Lynn and Angelina used to before the new regime.

Vicki was lovely in the early days, not necessarily the brightest bulb, but prepared to and allowed to say when she didn't know something, and always seemed very keen to learn about anything at all. xx

You know what, i see all that as part of the entertainment:mysmilie_698:i find it hard to see how it could be taken any other way:mysmilie_34:

If i want someone dead serious i will go to goldsmiths :mysmilie_61:. of course its all made up, cheesy, silly and nonsense but thats because its Television showbiz right? surely its meant to be taken as such:mysmilie_17:

I think it would be poorer viewing if they hired a load of dead pan jewellers who just sit there ...."yawn"
these girls are all TV presenters and actresses (as someone else pointed out) and as such have to put a bit of the old 'frazzle dazzle' into it in order to make it entertaining and i have to say for me they are doing a good job

:mysmilie_348: I didnt ask for you to agree or disagree with me - it is merely my own personal observation of how the presenting on gems has gone down hill - I have been a "customer" since March 2007 - and it has slowly declined since then - if you take a care to read what other forum posters write, they moreorless say the same thing - gems has changed - and not for the better.

completely agree with Argey on this one. all the false stuff & over dramatics completely turns me off buying as i think they're treating the buying public like idiots. plenty of other presenters can do the hard-medium sell without resorting to the performance arts...i know which i prefer.

completely agree with Argey on this one. all the false stuff & over dramatics completely turns me off buying as i think they're treating the buying public like idiots. plenty of other presenters can do the hard-medium sell without resorting to the performance arts...i know which i prefer.

Me too! It is insulting, they are selling to grown ups not five year olds, if they were any good at entertaining or acting then that is what they would be doing, instead they are there to sell jewellery not auditioning for future spotlight which is what I think is really going on.

I can think of many ways to be entertained but watching a bunch of liars deliberately trying to con people out of their money is not one of them! Entertainment? It's nothing but out and out deceit - criminal!

Unfortunately now there is nothing to show about gems that relates to how they were, even say a year ago. Something has happened - and i doubt very much it is just little old me who thinks this - you can hear in the voices of the longer serving presenters - the fire has gone - it is not as chatty or as "personal" as it once was. If you go back to when Craig Rook presented, he was someone you could not restrain from being chatty, having a laugh, and telling you allsorts, from his cat, to his arrangements for his wedding, the news about his getting married in america, just little things like that.

everyday little snippets of conversation, which made you feel part of something, it made you feel that you and the presenter had a connection, it did feel like you were switching over to a channel with "family" members on - even Scott and Drew used to give you little snippets - i remember Drew mention about growing tomatos (and i thought, hey, even Drew grows tomatos - even though it seems pathetic - a common bond? or am I wrong??) todays gems, we are now referred to as "Viewers", polite, but inpersonal, once upon a time, we were referred to as members of the gems family! how things have changed - the selling is more clinical, and gems has veered so far away from what they were once about - selling real gems, in an adult and professional way, now they act like extras from the tv soap, Albion Market! (and look what happened to that, it flopped and was shunted off our screens!) LOL

The presenting format has changed too much too soon - its like being served up a mountain of spahetti bolognese and being given a prongless fork to eat it with! I watch other gems channels - and none of their presenters seem to be soo ridiculously ott - especially vicki c and her amazing jaw dropping gob! :mysmilie_61:

Last edited:
I watched the Vicki lady and i have to say i cant believe that anyone would be so naive as to be 'mislead' or 'conned' by her. i know i am naive but you would have to be pretty simple to ACTUALLY think that all the dramatics are aimed at REALLY fooling people...surely you cant think that?

If YOU think you are MEANT to believe that she is ACTUALLY talking to her producer, that she is ACTUALLY shocked at the price and she is ACTUALLY asking for more money off, then i am really worried for you in the outside world. my goodness your life must be an obstacle course full of Nigerian lottery wins and time share opportunities that are about to run out ....QUICK, QUICK!! "sign up now" lol

I'm sorry to poke fun but my goodness i am stunned at how seriously some of you take what is clearly meant to be taken with a pinch of salt.........

i think you'd be very surprised just how many DO believe the sales patter...

we're always hearing about people on local news that have fallen for absolute classic cons & you wouldn't believe anyone could be so gulliable in this day, but they are - unfortunately, especially the older generation :(

I watched the Vicki lady and i have to say i cant believe that anyone would be so naive as to be 'mislead' or 'conned' by her. i know i am naive but you would have to be pretty simple to ACTUALLY think that all the dramatics are aimed at REALLY fooling people...surely you cant think that?

If YOU think you are MEANT to believe that she is ACTUALLY talking to her producer, that she is ACTUALLY shocked at the price and she is ACTUALLY asking for more money off, then i am really worried for you in the outside world. my goodness your life must be an obstacle course full of Nigerian lottery wins and time share opportunities that are about to run out ....QUICK, QUICK!! "sign up now" lol

I'm sorry to poke fun but my goodness i am stunned at how seriously some of you take what is clearly meant to be taken with a pinch of salt.........

Sorry to say but if you think it's all supposed to be taken with a "pinch of salt" then you're very sadly misled! Every word of it is meant to con the viewers and that's why they make me and many others feel sick to our stomachs! Perhaps you're a new viewer to this channel because if you'd watched some of these presenters before, you would see perfectly clearly how they have changed.

I am perfectly happy that we disagree, but this is a rude and insulting post. You are not naive, naive people don't refer to others as "simple", quite the contrary. I think you NOT sorry to be poking fun, but having a whale of a time being mean and argumentative on matters about which you are clearly ignorant, nor do you read posts properly before wading in.

There are a lot of people in the world not so blessed as us. I am an elderly person, and see many of my friends now falling by the wayside and believe me this is not an amusement. There are also some very gentle people (unlike yourself) who don't understand the cruelties of this world and DO believe these presenters who they trust having been "in their homes" for some years now, and the change in attitude could well have passed them by.

This forum is for people to discuss all aspects of shopping telly, good and bad, it is not intended for people to come in and start having rude and unpleasant digs at the members.

I am perfectly happy that we disagree, but this is a rude and insulting post. You are not naive, naive people don't refer to others as "simple", quite the contrary. I think you NOT sorry to be poking fun, but having a whale of a time being mean and argumentative on matters about which you are clearly ignorant, nor do you read posts properly before wading in.

There are a lot of people in the world not so blessed as us. I am an elderly person, and see many of my friends now falling by the wayside and believe me this is not an amusement. There are also some very gentle people (unlike yourself) who don't understand the cruelties of this world and DO believe these presenters who they trust having been "in their homes" for some years now, and the change in attitude could well have passed them by.

This forum is for people to discuss all aspects of shopping telly, good and bad, it is not intended for people to come in and start having rude and unpleasant digs at the members.

:mysmilie_82: Well said Argey, I totally agree with every word you've said.

Its quite impressive how sensitive some people are when the criticism is fired at them but just how ruthless those same people are when firing that criticism at others. i have watched from a far for a while but for goodness sake i have never known such a bunch of hypocritical people in all my days.
You are vile and awful towards the presenters but demand people are kind and respectful towards you????
you demand that gems TV doesn't sack the poor people in Thailand but demand they sack the presenters and staff you don't care for????
You say how much you hate the channel yet you constantly watch it????

What a sad bunch you are!

p.s Jelly legs i think you are funny and witty something this lot will never appreciate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back