The Bid dictionary, what those infamous phrases really mean...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone you are an absolute genius, I totally love your sense of humour

and don't forget the perennial

'you'll kick yourself if you miss out'............yeah, you'll kick yourself for being daft enough to buy it coz we've scammed you good!!

"I'd multi buy and sell it on"

(You still have to pay p&p 7.99 on each one you order, losing any potential resale value at all)

Yeh or even cheaper.. I remember Mike selling a tape measure and he said "how much would expect to pay? £20? £30? You can get one from Poundland so I think a £1 is more like it lol

I saw that. My thought was "What an utter muppet!"

A worry angel that will provide you with comfort in your moments of despair...(A resin/plastic gold painted ornament):angel:
Cruise...(To be advised):wink:
This is delishious...(Something that makes most sane people feel like throwing up):puke:

Last edited:
Katbakered.

As in "I was just posting how Peter Simon keeps forgetting to add the postage to final prices, when this troll (possibly Our Bet on her Yarvik after licking the gold paint off her new Tanzanite ring) came out of nowhere and Katbakered me".

These are funny but....

The world of sales would be very boring if phrases weren't dressed up a little...

These are funny but....

The world of sales would be very boring if phrases weren't dressed up a little...

What this means is "Profits would be lower if we didn't lie through our teeth, withhold information or generally mislead the public" :wink:

These are funny but....

Now now ILB, this is light banter about the colourful and marvellous world of Bid phrases, may I ask you to stick to the thread if I may, ta ever so :wink:

Now now ILB, this is light banter about the colourful and marvellous world of Bid phrases, may I ask you to stick to the thread if I may, ta ever so :wink:

Sure no problem, i will think of some phrase were they actually dress down the phrases.

Sorry Nikki. I realise my example wasn't actually from Bid.

I won't do it again!

Sorry Nikki. I realise my example wasn't actually from Bid.

I won't do it again!

Sorry Hun, I thought it was? That stuff about profits & misleading the public? Oh but hang on, Uncle Peter & crew, (or even cruise ship mates), would never indulge in such a thing, perish the thought lol :wink:

Last edited:
Er no.

The Katbakered one :smirk:
Oh I see well that name was specific to Bid so I guess it does fall into this thread, (altho I wouldn't like to add to the description as I tend to get carried away when describing threatening nasty trolls lol) x

Latest posts

Back