The departure of Lord Kean

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm a strong believer that a "dignified silence" is better, future employers don't like hearing that kind of thing, it puts them off. ..especially when it's on social media. I remember a few years ago at work helping the personnel manageress look at c.v's as part of some training I was doing, there was a c.v from a young man that sounded amazing, however he'd cited as reason for leaving last job as "bad management". The c.v was immediately cast aside! On the other hand now he's given us a little snippet..c'mon Guy spill the beans, what do you really think...tell us about the shite you were selling, how you found it hard to hide the disdain, the dirty tricks, the meetings with management etc etc!!!!

He's much better keeping his mouth shut.

Let's be clear here, as amusing as he could be at times he played along with all the shoddy tactics for years, in fact at times he appeared to revel in them. If I was him i'd be keeping my grid firmly shut because whatever he says about Sit-Up will make him look equally as bad.

He worked there for years and it's obvious from his reaction to his 'sacking' he had no intention of leaving so I imagine he would have kept his snout firmly in the trough and played along with all the bullshit and followed the path he now says they are heading down.

Double standards perhaps? He's well out of it, he might just keep his reputation.

He's much better keeping his mouth shut.

Let's be clear here, as amusing as he could be at times he played along with all the shoddy tactics for years, in fact at times he appeared to revel in them. If I was him i'd be keeping my grid firmly shut because whatever he says about Sit-Up will make him look equally as bad.

He worked there for years and it's obvious from his reaction to his 'sacking' he had no intention of leaving so I imagine he would have kept his snout firmly in the trough and played along with all the bullshit and followed the path he now says they are heading down.

Double standards perhaps? He's well out of it, he might just keep his reputation.

Sour grapes, I think they call it - Different if he'd made the decision to leave! Would looooove to know why they got rid of him though. I reckon it was because it was obvious to everybody that he thought products he was selling were as poor quality as the customers he was selling them to. As tongue in cheek as his " Well I live in a mansion", "You lesser mortals" etc etc might have seemed, I dare say there's been a few occassions where he's been told to rein it in - obviously he didn't and the rest is history!

Sour grapes, I think they call it - Different if he'd made the decision to leave! Would looooove to know why they got rid of him though. I reckon it was because it was obvious to everybody that he thought products he was selling were as poor quality as the customers he was selling them to. As tongue in cheek as his " Well I live in a mansion", "You lesser mortals" etc etc might have seemed, I dare say there's been a few occassions where he's been told to rein it in - obviously he didn't and the rest is history!

Great Merry question, we simply don't know. Far be it from me to ever defend Sit-Up but they might have had a good reason to can him, who knows?

But let's face it, he not only appeared to show disdain for the products he also seemed to be sniffy about his customers, the people keeping him in a job. And the same people he seemed to have no problem bullshitting to, his £10 Credit guff was (in my opinion) worse than any of the shills, bar none!

Sometimes I got the feeling he thought he was on a stage, maybe a bit like Julian Clary ripping into his 'punters', unfortunately he was trying to sell tatt and i'm not sure he always grasped that. I know much of it was tongue in cheek but maybe not everybody got that, comments like seeing some women with backs that look like something was trying to escape was too much, way too much.

I suspect it's that kind of thing that contributed to his removal, to be blunt I would imagine many people wouldn't find him particularly likeable. I would maybe like to him on stage doing a camp, catty comedy routine but would I be inclined to buy from someone like that?

Maybe not.

Still harsh to sack someone directly after their shift

mason and the rest of the freelancers must be terrified

I suppose there's never an ideal time to 'sack' someone but he was supposedly Freelance, they didn't directly employ him. I guess it's no different to the millions of people working for Employment Agencies, one day they want them and the next they don't.

I wish him well but I can't help think he contributed to it. I'll be honest, my main sympathy is for the customers he bullshitted to. Time, time, and time again. But he was far from the worst though, obviously!

It's a bit rich him slagging them off though, I bet he'd be happy to dance to whatever tune they played if he was still there. For me Andy Hodgson has got it right, he's behaved impeccably.

Guy should be doing drag stand-up in my local gay cabaret pub. He would go down a treat!

Guy should be doing drag stand-up in my local gay cabaret pub. He would go down a treat!

He'd go down a storm :mysmilie_59:

Guy clearly has a acerbic wit and he could be amusing, it's probably not a good sales tactic though on a shopping channel.

Latest posts

Back