The Emu boots saga continues

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh and please if buying Uggs be careful of fakes as the inner lining is not sheepskin but fur from a poor animal which is skinned alive.

Bearpaws look interesting but TKMaxx never have a size 3.

Oh, that's a horrible thought :(

Keep checking with TKs. The Brighton store had loads of size 3 and 4 in the Bearpaws. For the £30 I paid, I find the quality is much better than the Emu's. I bought them on the TSV also and returned them very quickly as they just were not comfortable at all. I'm still convinced that products made for sale as a TSV are of a lower quality than the regular stock products.

Donna do you know what country is responsible for churning out these fake uggs,It is just so horrific,I am still feeling guilty for buying a DB coat years ago before I knew what his real trade was.
LYNN

If you go on UGG website you can get list of authorized retailers. Don't buy from any website that isn't authorized. They will be fake. I bought mine from Clogg.co.uk who are authorized online retailers

Just phoned CS and a Hermes courier will come collect them. They were fine about returning them

it depends, some are made in oz but others are made in china they are owned by an american firm ,so not ozzie anymore x

I have some Emus that I bought near the end of last winter and didn't really realise till too late that I didn't find them comfortable, when I walk in them my knees get really bad which I think is partly because the foot isn't supported and it slips around. I tried them again today with some arch support insoles from the chemist, and socks, and I think it might have helped a bit but too early to say. It is a shame as I like the look of mine and they haven't yet fallen apart (probably 'cause I can't really wear them much!). But thank you everyone who has shared their experience, it has convinced that I shouldn't try the brand again. I am determined to keep limping around trying to get some wear out of mine! Not sure how long I can do it though. Think you were absolutely right to get them returned Flamenco, that is really bad about the tread coming away so soon.

I have to say I don't think my Emus are "badly made".They certainly don't "fall over" the heel,the materials used is good - I just think its the fit of them.My Emu's that I've had years and years are still going strong and they've been worn a lot - they're just big and baggy.They feel "sloppy" on - whereas my Uggs seem a more tighter,comfy fit and the lining doesn't seem to bed down.

By way of update, a Hermes courier collected my Emus tonight - which is prompt as I only rang QVC about it yesterday. I've returned the unopened packet of insoles as well as I want a full refund including the original p&p of £6.45 (can't believe how steep P&P was!). I've sent a letter by recorded delivery outlining the faults: the bagginess, the peeling away of the tread and loose stitching, which I noticed today when packaging them up - the stitching has come undone around the top part of the boot. I think for £130 plus P&P the Emus should be of very high quality like my UGG Australia boots which are snug, comfortable, more rigid in structure and look better. I won't be buying Emu boots although I have to say the Emu slippers I bought last year are lovely. However, I notice that the sheepskin has worn away from the heel bait, but I can live with it as I can't feel it and I only wear them round the house.

Latest posts

Back