The Midnight Hour.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
I don't know if it's just me, but since the live air-time was cut back an hour to 1am, the midnight TSV show seems to have lost it's appeal. It's not just that there is no secret in the TSV now, as they tell you what it is days in advance, but that 1 to 2am show often had things worth staying up for. Now, once you've seen the TSV, if you're not interested you might as well just turn off for the night.

They don't appear to have thought it through properly either. In a recent show, I think it was the Nina Leonard TSV, some of the options had sold out in that first hour. When they went to repeat the first half of the show, there was nothing on screen to indicate it wasn't live and that some of the options had already sold out. I didn't think they were supposed to do that in the first place, but it's not good if a customer goes to order something and it's sold out.

Rant over :D

There was a lola rose TSV not that long ago and as I never stay up at midnight, I tuned in at 8am to find all but two choices had gone. Bit disappointing but they're clearly not ordering in the stocks they used to.

CC

I agree, Moth - the "magic" has completely gone from the TSV launches. With all the advance notification from QVC themselves, it's no longer event television in the way it used to be.

I've also noticed like you CC that an increasing number are selling out very early (no doubt because a lot are sold before the midnight launch).

I agree with you about the TSV's. They are usually not worth waiting up for now. Perhaps Q should bring the TSV's to a 9pm slot instead. We might actually be more inclined to buy if it was aired earlier and they had a proper amount of stock in the various colours. Just a thought.

I agree with you about the TSV's. They are usually not worth waiting up for now. Perhaps Q should bring the TSV's to a 9pm slot instead. We might actually be more inclined to buy if it was aired earlier and they had a proper amount of stock in the various colours. Just a thought.

they moved it once before & got quite a lot of complaints about it so they moved it back

Agree,I never stay up for the TSV these days, let alone watch the second hour. I don't worry too much if I miss out because I have vastly reduced my spending on Q. It's partly the products but also trying to be more finance aware generally.

they moved it once before & got quite a lot of complaints about it so they moved it back

I don't think that's right Super, I've been with them since day one and never remember them doing that. I think the majority would prefer it early and let's face it, since when have QVC ever listened to customer complaints?

I couldn't agree more... I have just posted on thread about hair fix tsv that this evening's launch show was one of the worst in ages :( In large part it was to do with Alison Young but even she is worse than usual because they are rushing through the products that she gabbles and almost rants which at this time of day is unbearable!

I used to watch the 12/1am shows very often even if I had no intention of buying the products just because I have insomnia and quite enjoyed it we it could be interesting... But now even if I want to buy something - like the Liz Earle last weekend, I didn't bother watching. Just went online and bought it...

Because it's only an hour too, it gets repeated more often - ad infinitum - through the night and morning.

I don't suppose they care what we think so long as sales aren't affected so I wonder what the impact has been in respect?

I used to avidly watch the TSV if it was the aeropilates , but seeing as this only appears 3 times a year i am counting down the days until June - (when no doubt DBF launches this and i have to avoid on principle:down:)

Whether it's the brands, the TSVs or the hours on screen - seems everything about QVC is getting repetitive! They've got to realise that while they chase after new customers they really are beginning to turn off loyal watchers who have seen better days on QVC.

Mager - haven't seen much of Debbie recently. I know when she was on air just after her return from China she was clearly ill. If we don't have Debbie presenting, we would normally get Julia or Jill Franks presenting. Of the three, I'd rather see Julia presenting, but I don't recall the last TSV launch I've seen her do when Marjoleine is on with the Aeropilates (it may have been when Marjoleine couldn't get across to UK because of flight disruption caused by Icelandic volcano erruptions - when Julia actually became the guest presenter for aeropilates for the day, if I recall correctly). :mysmilie_357: welcome by the way!

I hardly ever stay up for TSV's anymore. I think this is mainly down to be able to order the TSVs I want earlier most of the time and then with the others I watch the presentation online the next morning and then order it then.

I try to take it as a sign that if I miss out on it the next day, then it wasn't meant to be.

Latest posts

Back