The Real Pie Company TSV 05/02/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Apart from the ( what I consider to be ) high prices and also their past delivery hiccups, I think many items from this range look dry or anaemic looking. They seem to have mixed reviews on their products. I wouldn`t buy them but there again it`s to each their own choice. We have a small local bakery near us who makes their own, bread, pies and cakes but not everybody has such a thing handy to where they live and I appreciate people want to stock freezers etc. so I suppose this is one way of doing it.

The presenters get on my t**s ooing and ahhing when the gorge their faces on food buy this you will love it etc everyone has their own taste for goodness sake, dale prattling on about the sweetness of the carrots doing this and that lets face it the majority of people will buy them and down them without giving a monkeys what one ingredient is doing for another.

Haven't really watched more than about 10 minutes but thought I'd give these a try. Won't know for sure unless I do. Doubt I would pay more for these though and repeat order. Probably about my limit price wise.

I like Greggs lol ....once a week ....an easy meal as Thursday is housework day for me ...very tasty and fraction of the price ..ooh aren't I smug lol :mysmilie_17:

The pie company prob tast great no doubt but ...Greggs do the same job imho

I had 2 orders of pies. They were supposed to be delivered next day but one came 5th day in the back of a warm van in the summer and smelt off and were squashed, q customer services sais i should return them!!!!! For a replacement what? Return off food? Replacement never arrived. At Xmas thought would try again.... Silly me.....didn't arrive, replacement did come but the cherry fruit pie had NO cherries in just a fruit splodge. I also tried simple Simons pies but had a nasty toilet affect post cheese and onion pie! Never again.
If you like a good pie try the pie minister. Bit more money but very nice.

Its too easy to make your own ! these days you don't even to make the pastry. Just buy a block of shortcrust and roll it out, put your fruit or cooked meats into a dish and plonk the pastry on top ! give it an egg wash and shove it in the oven for 35 minutes. Soooooo much nicer (AND you know whats gone into it)

Who asked about the meat and potato pie ? I make mine from my Yorkshire gran's recipe, and its delish - and what about cheese, potato and onion done for 4 hours in the oven - oh divine.

My Mother used to make what we called Butter Pies. You can still buy them in certain bakeries here in the NW but they originated when the day before their husbands weekly pay packet, they`d be skint so they`d knock together a batch of butter pies to feed the family.

Haven't really watched more than about 10 minutes but thought I'd give these a try. Won't know for sure unless I do. Doubt I would pay more for these though and repeat order. Probably about my limit price wise.

I really like this post, it sums my purchase & feelings exactly.

IF they are as good as they look on tv they are worth the price. i love pies and this selection looks delicious. it is a lot of money for a food purchase but if they are nice 14 pies is a lot of dinners.

I ordered at Christmas but mine never arrived and I have to wonder if in fact they were ever actually made. As they are such a small company if they get thousands of orders that is a heck of a lot of pies. Unless they know they can deliver them they should not take the orders - especially at Christmas when people might be relying on them to feed family and stock the freezer. QVC refunded me instantly though but I haven't gone back to try again.

CC

Checked my order's page earlier in the week and saw my pies were dispatched on 11th. I then got an email on 12th to say they had been dispatched.

I'll be honest I was expecting them yesterday, but I really hope they come today otherwise that's all weekend in a chill box somewhere...

Not me, status 'In Progress'

Hope it won't come until the end of the week now as having a couple of days away tues/wed. Teens might be home but don't want them left with neighbours.

got mine this afternoon left on the doorstep. courier must have been soooo busy...just heated one up for my dinner..what a catastrophe. i had the beef mushroom and kidney pie. firstly they were very shallow so not hard to fill to the crust. the pastry had no salt added. so was very bland. i dont season a lot with salt. in fact i dont add salt to my veg and only a small pinch when i have to for meat just a touch.. the meat was unseasoned. nothing. very very bland. the beef was dry and stringy and tasteless. some salt was added to the gravy but it could not compensate for the unseasoned meat.

there was no herbs no pepper no onions nothing nothing just dry stewed meat in a thinnish bland gravy!

all in all not nice. like baby food it was uninspiring

got mine this afternoon left on the doorstep. courier must have been soooo busy...just heated one up for my dinner..what a catastrophe. i had the beef mushroom and kidney pie. firstly they were very shallow so not hard to fill to the crust. the pastry had no salt added. so was very bland. i dont season a lot with salt. in fact i dont add salt to my veg and only a small pinch when i have to for meat just a touch.. the meat was unseasoned. nothing. very very bland. the beef was dry and stringy and tasteless. some salt was added to the gravy but it could not compensate for the unseasoned meat.

there was no herbs no pepper no onions nothing nothing just dry stewed meat in a thinnish bland gravy!

What a disappointment after waiting so long, I thought you were going to say how good it was and worth the wait. Now you will have the palaver of returning them. I had a Tesco's finest steak pie last night and I have to say it was lush.

So did you find out when they were actually shipped?

hi sazza on the box it said the 16th it left the depot ...notice how qvc took the money ages ago

The money for mine was only taken out of my account on Monday 16th, so that tallies with your box saying it left the depot on the 16th.

Fingers crossed mine will come in the next couple of days then and I hope I have a better experience than you Boffy - are you returning them or keeping them?

Also out of interest, there are 14 pies and this is a 30 day mbg guarantee, so if I had one a night for a fortnight, how do I return them because I don't like them?

you can try them say two or three pies but i would let qvc know asap that you dont want them so they dont think you are taking liberties by eating the whole box then wanting to return them. you may well like them its split on the reviews some think they are fab some like me find them insipid and dry. horses for courses

Latest posts

Back