The slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Toril

Registered Shopper
Hmmm...........I think I'll give this TSV a miss. (Sorry if I've offended anyone who's ordered one) All it needs is a fringe and it'd almost rival that fleece wrap (with matching scarf, of course) on IW.

I'm using the internet to view QVC tonight, and my first thought was that the TSV was a dressing gown - and I really need a new one. So I was rather disappointed to learn that it's a slanket. Not really practical to walk around in it. Quite dangerous really - I can see people tripping on the stairs.

gifts for family & friends. the slanket (slingit more like), buy it for those you hate it's a fleece for surgeons.
qvc have a wierd concept of what people would give family & friends.

I don't think it's such a bad idea. I love to feel nice and cosy when watching TV. I have a draught that goes from my fireplace (which is used) to my front door. So if I had one, I could wrap up and keep my heat off for longer! The only thing that I can see wrong with it is the length, but I am sure it could be taken up if you wanted to walk around!

My 7 year old thinks they are brilliant. Great for sitting in his bedroom and playing his Playstation. I have to admit, they do look a bit strange.

He does a bit and that should be enough to put us off :) this would go really well with one of those big slippers :eek:

:SLEEP:couldn't sleep last night and watched a few minutes of the TSV presentation. I thought I was still dreaming, looking at all those trolls on the screen. Qvc must be flogging a halloween costume.
I like to be cosy and warm watching the telly or reading, but this seems not practical at all, people could easliy fall or trip

I can see the tripping and falling problem but it looks so warm and snug! I live in a one bedroomed flat that is in the top of a Victorian house. Each room has 2 outside walls and during the Winter it is bitterly cold!

It looks so toastie warm.........

My 7 year old thinks they are brilliant. Great for sitting in his bedroom and playing his Playstation. I have to admit, they do look a bit strange.

I also thought they would be good for the kids playing their games machines as they are always moaning it is cold in their rooms when they have been sitting still for a while.

I have ordered one, I often sit here in my recliner chair and want to cuddle under a fleece, but slips off my arms all the time.

So what do you do if you want to get up and make a cuppa? Do you spend the entire evening taking the thing off and putting it back on again? :confused:

Not for me, I'm afraid. I'll stick with slippers and a robe.

I can see its usefulness as I really love to read in bed and my chest and arms get cold. I really would consider it.

I was mentioned in the presesntation during the noon show that it could be useful (or WTTE) for people with impaired mobilty or who are in a wheelchair.

I just thought "How bl**dy condesending"

B

I was mentioned in the presesntation during the noon show that it could be useful (or WTTE) for people with impaired mobilty or who are in a wheelchair.

I just thought "How bl**dy condesending"

B

I actually don't think that's condescending. The fact is that if you are unable to move about as much as other people, you will obviously feel the cold more. I think that's just common sense. My dear gran gets very chilly as she has impaired mobility. Actually she'd probably like one of these.

Latest posts

Back