The slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think it's such a bad idea. I love to feel nice and cosy when watching TV. I have a draught that goes from my fireplace (which is used) to my front door. So if I had one, I could wrap up and keep my heat off for longer! The only thing that I can see wrong with it is the length, but I am sure it could be taken up if you wanted to walk around!

I'm with you on this - at first I thought "Oh dear" but as the day has worn on I can see more and more reasons why I'd like one. If someone bought me one as a gift I'd be very pleased!

I've bought one in cream. My bedroom is always freezing even with the heating on and curtains closed. I love snuggling up in my blankets and i was thinking of getting a new one anyway. This seems perfect so im very happy!

I am thinking of getting one too! I'm always freezing while I sit here at the pc. I would like to get one for my mother but I'm worried that she might just decide to get up from the chair and trip up but as Sim1 says we could always take it up.

Just like a big cosy kaftan :5:

I'd rather wear it with the opening at the front, looks a bit odd the other way :e016:

Thats exactly what i was thinking - im going to wear it the "normal" way like a dressing gown as think ill feel like im being strangled if it was too tight across the front!

I'm still dithering on this one. I do think it looks a really good idea and for people with limited mobility it would be great but I have spent enough just lately and do I need it ?.

I'm still dithering on this one. I do think it looks a really good idea and for people with limited mobility it would be great but I have spent enough just lately and do I need it ?.

Well i figure that you can never have enough blankets! There is nothing quite like feeling snuggly and wam!

Other members of the family can use it and im sure there are more uses like picnic, bbq's etc - with our weather ill probably use mine all year!:18:

I'm not sure I'd like one, as I could imagine it'd annoy me if I had to keep taking it off and on to move about.

But like someone else said, I couldn't get over the monk-like look of them. Particularly the brown or the cream ones! I don't really want to lay there looking like Friar Tuck!!

I have a bit of the theory that if I have to think about something too long then I don't really need it, if it comes on and I think must have that immediately and 'rush to the phone' then it must be good. I like you have been dithering and have always spent too much so might just give this one a miss.

slankette

I have to confess I have bought one of these . I wish I had had it last week when I was in hospital and FREEZING especially at night . But I am going in again soon and will definitely take it in with me .
I can see the funny side though . Does anyone remember the Billy Connelly sketch about the 'Snug Rug' which was a similar thing but you ended up zipped inside it and had to hop to the kitchen to make a cuppa . Mustn't laff . Me stitches hurt . Ha Ha :18:

I can see the funny side though . Does anyone remember the Billy Connelly sketch about the 'Snug Rug' which was a similar thing but you ended up zipped inside it and had to hop to the kitchen to make a cuppa . Mustn't laff . Me stitches hurt . Ha Ha :18:

Whilst wearing the big slipper!
He said to leave two by the fireplace in case you were burgled to scare them off.
PMSL

Thought I would give it a miss but as soon as the ruby went I knew I just had to have one. Ordered the green. I know deep down I will love it.

Latest posts

Back