The slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmm...........I think I'll give this TSV a miss. (Sorry if I've offended anyone who's ordered one) All it needs is a fringe and it'd almost rival that fleece wrap (with matching scarf, of course) on IW.

A Slanket?
It sounds like slang for a streetwalker.

I'm wearing mine now and used it last night. I like it as it is warm.

I agree about the threads although no need to finish anything on mine!

One thing I hadn't thought about was static output - last night when I took it off there was a lot of static - not sure how to minimise this so if anyone has ideas please post them!!!

One thing I hadn't thought about was static output - last night when I took it off there was a lot of static - not sure how to minimise this so if anyone has ideas please post them!!![/QUOTE]

I'm sure there's an answer to that astitcher and it probably involves kaftans, Mrs James and Mommabear. They'll be along soon with an amusing quip or two, no doubt. ;)

One thing I hadn't thought about was static output - last night when I took it off there was a lot of static - not sure how to minimise this so if anyone has ideas please post them!!!

you probably just need to earth it - a piece of rubber hose pipe stitched to the hem should do it :whistle: :chuckle:

I like mine but the stitching isnt very well done and mine smelt musty from being stored so ive just washed it! But i really like it so im happy!

On closer inspection the stitching is not very good and a lot of threads are hanging, not finished very well at all really, I did notice the static when I put it on too, and to top it off I managed to trip over and I wasn't even wearing it :11:

I love mine, managed to open the door in it (plus witches hat complete with flourescent pink hair) uggs and mu customary all black attire ,to all the trick or treaters who knocked on my door last night - not forgetting the ear flap hat I was wearing due to an ear infection as the cold makes it worse - lets just say I very much doubt anyone who called on me will ever trouble me again! DH and sister burst into peals of laughter when they saw me, but to the strangers I was just eccentric and scary - but I was lovely and warm so who cares!

I like mine but the stitching isnt very well done and mine smelt musty from being stored so ive just washed it! But i really like it so im happy!

I'd love to hear how it turned out after the wash please? It's always a bit scary when you wash teddybears, blankets etc...

Ours are fine (no smell, stitching fine and no threads) so far.

re the static - were you wearing nylon knickers?

Linda :27:

I'd love to hear how it turned out after the wash please? It's always a bit scary when you wash teddybears, blankets etc...

Ours are fine (no smell, stitching fine and no threads) so far.

Hi,

It turned out fine thankfully!

I put it on the lowest setting our machine does which is cycle 11 - its a 30 degree delicate wash. Came out fine and was lovely and soft (i used conditioner.)

I put it in the tumble dryer (on high!:11:) for about 20 minutes and it came out boiling! Luckily it didnt shrink etc and smells alot better now.

I would definatley put it on a cooler dry and low spin cycle.

I noticed the static this morning, when I rubbed the dogs head with my hand in the slanket, and gave him a mohican!

We've noticed lots of static too (really loud and crackling noises LOL!)...anyone found a simple solution yet...?

All the static should help with the fuel bills!

Generate your own electricity, lol

I'd thought this as well - although was concerned if your planning to use it while on the computer - avoid touching the main case!

Also can you imagine crafting and getting glitter or paper bits attached to it!

Latest posts

Back