The slanket

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well......having started this thread, I managed to resist the temptation to buy one, although I can understand where people who have bought one are coming from.

Maybe if I hadn't seen Craig in his I might have been swayed :33:, and I also had visions of my putting it on, going to answer the door and then falling base over apex because of the length. :52: Wearing it back to front seems much more sensible, but thereagain I'm one of the lucky ones I suppose because I don't feel the cold and I spend enough on QVC anyway.

Wondered whether to buy one for my sister for Christmas but decided that the temptation of her falling downstairs in it could be too much to resist!:18:

I agree, I think it is just a large dressing gown and that is not a bad idea. An extra long length will keep your feet warm when you are reclining! But, they kept wearing it back to front imho it looked sily. Have ordered one on cheque hold, but just don't know. I await your opinions.

Have to say I don't really care if I look silly (after all, I wear Uggs!) - I hate hate hate being cold and am trying to save money (and the planet) by not turning on my heating unless I absolutely have to, and then turning it off once our home is warm. I ordered the Ruby and wish I had it now - I'm feeling a distinct draft on my lap and the cat's abandoned me (she;s a great lap-warmer). Looking forward to my Slanket arriving - really wish they could have thought of a better name though. I can't say what my husband said when I offered to buy one for him - let's just say I only ordered the one!

I managed to get the cream one I don't care if I look silly either as long as I'm warm, can't keep the heating on all the time either otherwise the bills will be sky high, I wear Uggs too, Uggs and the Slamket rock and roll! :D

I was going to get this anyway so I'm very chuffed at the price, I ordered as soon as I saw it because it's such a bargain. I'm not too vain to look slightly silly if I'm going to be snuggly and toasty warm. Obviously you don't walk about in it because it's firstly a blanket rather than a garment but it's always chilly when you have to reach for the remote so it's a great idea to me.

The other great thing about this is that it is machine washable...think of normal problems you would have if you tried to washed a normal blanket!

get 2 x £3 fleeces from mr A and sew the top, leaving a hole for the head. Sew up the 2 sides about 12" in and leave room for the arms. Voila, you will get a coverall that looks a whole lot better than a slinket. If needs must, then slit up the middle and sew bits of velcro on or use buttons and loops

I thought the slinket was a ripoff and it looked like very thin, cheap fleece with a lot of tripability built in

I ordered 2 in the green as that was the only colour left when I ordered, I am toying with giving them as part of their Chrissie gifts to my 93 year old granny and my mum, however I may be tempted into keeping one for me :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just wondering if anyone has had any *super quick* deliveries yet....?

(Can anyone tell I have been cold today?! LOL!) Nothing here yet though it would be nice if it would arrive for the weekend...

Just in time for Halloween tomorrow so you can dress as the Grim Reaper or a mad monk!!!:43::9:

Mind you, I'm so bloomin cold tonight, am beginning to wish I'd bought one!

Mine arrived today - and I ordered late on in the day. Got the Hunter green.

I've tried it on - coat style rather than across the front. It is very long - bit like having a train but seemed warm.

I was out tonight so I've not tried it in anger!

Ours just arrived an hour ago. Just like I expected them to be, fleece-like, long and cosy!! :)

Mine has arrived, lovely and cosy, I've had it on the coat way round, not back to front, pulled up the hoody and I look just like E.T. without the bike! :D

Ours arrived this morning. They are mega long, I'm only 5`2 so it buries me. It seems lovely and warm but I'm a bit disappointed with the finishing. I had to repair a section of the sleeve where it hadn't been stitched on properly and there were loose threads everywhere. I'm keeping them though, it wasn't worth the hassle of sending them back.

Latest posts

Back