The top ten of tat!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No chip on my shoulder dear! im not the one watching a channel i hate that sells products i dont want just so a can complain about it to people i dont know. it would take a mighty big chip to get me to do that LOL

I don't think anybody on here "hates" Bid or PD. Hate is such a horrible word. I think we are all optimistic that Bid have turned the corner.... mostly *Stares at Peter Simon*.

There's a 'Tanzanite Express' coming up at 5.30pm tonight on Bid which might be of interest to some of you :giggle:

There's a 'Tanzanite Express' coming up at 5.30pm tonight on Bid which might be of interest to some of you :giggle:

If that was not enough to get you excited , there's a Gayford evening from 10-30 on Bid . Well done at Ome ,

Last edited:
it appears now the forum is complete as a place were any pro bid comments are ignored and any anti are automatically patted on the back by the 4 or 5 usual posters

Bingo

It is time to leave the moaners to it, i have enjoyed my time here but it is pointless contributing to a debate or even a thread when one of the most profilic bid watchers has blocked you and hence conversations make no sense

Bingo, as insensitive as you think I am, we've had this conversation before. Nobody is suggesting for one moment that anyone who buys from bid is a doddering fool who can't make their own descisions, and I regularly buy from bid, and a lot more than I should I may add, so I'm afraid I don't quite fit in with your idea of what an "anti-bidder" should look like, or be like. Yes, there are vulnerable people out there and it's a fact that they can, and sadly often do fall into unecessary debt - and despite how it came about, yes, bid and the other associated channels have done a lot to improve their once very misleading sales techniques, and I'm glad of that, 'cause I wouldn't like to see the channels go, they're entertaining, and as I've said before do sell some good stuff.

Now this thread was "meant" to be a bit of fun, where we can laugh about worry angels, battery operated dusters, and bracelets that'll turn your wrists green - and if you don't wish to partake in the fun, or indeed this as I strongly suspect is not your idea of fun - why join in..It's not a debate, so why feel the need to come and "p*ss on the parade?" - I guess I could be seen to offend the people who've actually bought the worry angels and have a house full of gold plated swarvoski crystal ornaments, but hopefully a few of them will have a sense of humour, well they must have!

...and as for the bit about the rich sneering at the poor - £7.99 p&p per pop?

Last edited:
it appears now the forum is complete as a place were any pro bid comments are ignored and any anti are automatically patted on the back by the 4 or 5 usual posters

You seem unhappy lately. Cheer up :sun:

not really mr mobo infact i am having a really good week

just a shame i can no longer contribute on here as i would like to since my views have changed

Bingo, as insensitive as you think I am, we've had this conversation before. Nobody is suggesting for one moment that anyone who buys from bid is a doddering fool who can't make their own descisions, and I regularly buy from bid, and a lot more than I should I may add, so I'm afraid I don't quite fit in with your idea of what an "anti-bidder" should look like, or be like. Yes, there are vulnerable people out there and it's a fact that they can, and sadly often do fall into unecessary debt - and despite how it came about, yes, bid and the other associated channels have done a lot to improve their once very misleading sales techniques, and I'm glad of that, 'cause I wouldn't like to see the channels go, they're entertaining, and as I've said before do sell some good stuff.

Now this thread was "meant" to be a bit of fun, where we can laugh about worry angels, battery operated dusters, and bracelets that'll turn your wrists green - and if you don't wish to partake in the fun, or indeed this as I strongly suspect is not your idea of fun - why join in..It's not a debate, so why feel the need to come and "p*ss on the parade?" - I guess I could be seen to offend the people who've actually bought the worry angels and have a house full of gold plated swarvoski crystal ornaments, but hopefully a few of them will have a sense of humour, well they must have!

...and as for the bit about the rich sneering at the poor - £7.99 p&p per pop?

im guessing for the same reason the last positive thread about BID got hijacked by negativity. its a forum. a place of differing opinions and debate. i appreciate some dont wish to have their views contested and have maybe got used to a very one sided fight.

No chip on my shoulder dear! im not the one watching a channel i hate that sells products i dont want just so a can complain about it to people i dont know. it would take a mighty big chip to get me to do that LOL

You just complain about people you don't know, to people you don't know!

im guessing for the same reason the last positive thread about BID got hijacked by negativity. its a forum. a place of differing opinions and debate. i appreciate some dont wish to have their views contested and have maybe got used to a very one sided fight.

Why does there have to be a fight FGS? This thread was supposed to be a bit of fun,and believe it or not not intended to offend any Thomas Brooks suit wearers! Sorry if it did, I don't think you're scum, really I don't!

And yet oddly enough if you look at the last post on the locked threads it is your post which is last and IMHO the reason for the lock.

Like Merry said we want debate not fight. We are open to have our minds changed about bid but don't like it when it descends to in fighting.

PJ

Personally I have always found that people tend to be more likely to consider my point of view if I try to get it across in a considered and non confrontational kind of way.

Well i think you are completely insensitive to the people who ACTUALLY BUY from BID TV. you see. not all of us are doddering pensioners who have been duped into buying things like is often suggested. there are a great deal of people who actually like the products on BID. the products you take such pleasure in mocking. the LED lights, the plated jewellery and thomas brooks suits. the products who wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

Your comments about these products paint a pretty clear picture of your opinion of those who buy them.no doubt you think we are scum! i suspect this is why people who like the channel dont bother with this website. the stuck up pompous attitude of some makes them feel embarrassed and humiliated.

this is why i made this comment:

"Makes you wonder why anyone would spend their entire lives glued to this channel?"

Because i just cant understand why people with such a snobbish attitude would spend so much time watching a channel that sells products they wouldn't be seen dead in. it just strikes me as a bit twisted and dark. A mob of rich people looking down on the poor and then meeting up to poke fun at them. its a strange way to get your kicks in life.

Well I find the channels hilarious, better than most of the crap on sky on a fri/sat evening - and I've purchased 5 products in the last year all of which were great buys and are still in use...except for the egg cups things which are pretty crap but they were £2.99 with free postage - genuinely happy customer as hard as that may be to believe...

Well i think you are completely insensitive to the people who ACTUALLY BUY from BID TV. you see. not all of us are doddering pensioners who have been duped into buying things like is often suggested. there are a great deal of people who actually like the products on BID. the products you take such pleasure in mocking. the LED lights, the plated jewellery and thomas brooks suits. the products who wouldn't touch with a barge pole!

Your comments about these products paint a pretty clear picture of your opinion of those who buy them.no doubt you think we are scum! i suspect this is why people who like the channel dont bother with this website. the stuck up pompous attitude of some makes them feel embarrassed and humiliated.

this is why i made this comment:

"Makes you wonder why anyone would spend their entire lives glued to this channel?"

Because i just cant understand why people with such a snobbish attitude would spend so much time watching a channel that sells products they wouldn't be seen dead in. it just strikes me as a bit twisted and dark. A mob of rich people looking down on the poor and then meeting up to poke fun at them. its a strange way to get your kicks in life.

DODDERING PENSIONERS :devil:Ooooooo how very dare you. Next time I see you Bingo, I'll belt you with me Zimmer frame. Be afraid Ms Wings, be afraid

And yet oddly enough if you look at the last post on the locked threads it is your post which is last and IMHO the reason for the lock.

Like Merry said we want debate not fight. We are open to have our minds changed about bid but don't like it when it descends to in fighting.

Sorry Bings I don't know what you mean.

The post you referred to is clearly in the thread I linked to and is there for all to see, nothing appears to have been deleted. I'd politely suggest you perhaps jumped the gun when you seemed to suggest I received favourable treatment from moderators, which is of course ridiculous.

But there's no need to apologise though, we all make mistakes (some more than others).

Have you ever considered a career with Bid? They seem to have no problem hiring people who always get things wrong
Last edited by Wirral70; 03-07-2013 at 07:42 PM.

PJ

You mean this one PJ? i dont think this was mine. but was certainly the last post made before the thread was closed. strange you dont remember as you 'liked' it.

Latest posts

Back