There appears to be a problem....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QuiteVacuousChat

Registered Shopper
Why does QVC's site always give me a message when I try to access videos or Watch Live that "There appears to be a problem with your internet connection, please check your connection and try again."? If I refresh the browser a couple of times the supposed problem goes away and the video plays. This doesn't happen with any other site (including Netflix and NowTV) so it has to be down to crappy old QVC's technical incompetence. The message really gets my goat as it puts the blame on the customer rather than the pillocks at Q. There's nothing wrong with my connection you QVC morons! (.... and breathe... )

I have Similiar problem ,the website does not refresh at times ,instead says that there is no internet connection .I have to delete the page and then reopen it .happens only with QVC .

I keep getting this too. I only want to watch gadgety things, but I have to give up, so possible sales lost.

Are you sure their IT expert is as old as 14?

I keep getting this too. I only want to watch gadgety things, but I have to give up, so possible sales lost.

Are you sure their IT expert is as old as 14?

Doubt he/ she is 14 ,maybe above 80 as the young ones know much better from their nappy days .

I also cant play the video clips & there is a number to ring but I don't bother I rarely watched them anyway.

I get it nine times out of ten with their video`s but not quite as often with their live online shows

Reading their facebook page, apart from the patronising "It's never out intention to disappoint" type comments, their answer to anything technical is "try deleting your cookies". I'm sure if I posted that I have weeping sores and am hallucinating they'd suggest "clearing your browsing history"

Back in the early 90s when I was a system manager for one of the largest installations in Europe, this kind of advice would only ever be a temporary fix, meaning a work-around until the problem was fixed or regressed later the same day if it impacted a hundred plus users. Seems as though the cookies thing has been their only suggestion for several years and impacts thousand every day.

Reading their facebook page, apart from the patronising "It's never out intention to disappoint" type comments, their answer to anything technical is "try deleting your cookies". I'm sure if I posted that I have weeping sores and am hallucinating they'd suggest "clearing your browsing history"

Back in the early 90s when I was a system manager for one of the largest installations in Europe, this kind of advice would only ever be a temporary fix, meaning a work-around until the problem was fixed or regressed later the same day if it impacted a hundred plus users. Seems as though the cookies thing has been their only suggestion for several years and impacts thousand every day.

That advice is probably about the limit of their technical knowledge! :mysmilie_17:

Spot on! Whoever created the current US website, on which ours is modelled certainly isn't involved in investigating any faults. In fact the UK version looks as though it's been created using "copy & paste", superficially it looks just the same but the substance leaves a lot to be desired!

The "clear your cookies" advice is insulting; next they'll be suggesting we check our laptop has enough battery/plugged in!

I get the same problem . I have phoned them today & been told that others have the same situation . It never used to be like this !!

Spot on! Whoever created the current US website, on which ours is modelled certainly isn't involved in investigating any faults. In fact the UK version looks as though it's been created using "copy & paste", superficially it looks just the same but the substance leaves a lot to be desired!

The "clear your cookies" advice is insulting; next they'll be suggesting we check our laptop has enough battery/plugged in!

.. or "Try switching it off and on again".

"Clear your cookies" really, really infuriates me (eBay often use this too, even though everyone is complaining about the same problem and clearing cookies makes no difference).

Cookies? Those are the things you have with coffee!:mysmilie_17:

Just as I typed this our entire network went down. spookey or what.

I work in an IT department, and yes, our first advice to any and all "it's not working" calls is to ask customer to switch off and switch back on again... clear history cache and cookies in browser. The history seems to cause more problems than the cookies. A lot of the time rebooting (switching off and back on automatically) seems to "re-set" things. Nowadays most people have already done that before calling for help... so a more serious approach to solving the problem is warranted.

If Youtube, NowTV, Vimeo, Netflix, and Amazon PrimeVideo all work fine but QVC doesn't then the problem doesn't lie with my computer or internet connection. Nowt to do with my cookies, history, or which way the wind is blowing. It's YOU QVC! Sort it, you blummin' amateurs.

Latest posts

Back