Thorntons Chocolate TSV 13/11/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lots of lovely chocolates, but maybe too much for me, unless the price is really good...

Necessary to shop around. Many other retailers ie Superdrug, Morrison's etc sell Thorntons at no doubt bargain prices.

My local corner shop had some in today. The prices were all really reasonable too.

As a child Thorntons was a treat. My Birthday is near Easter and for the taking home pressie from my party Mum used to get everyone an Easter Egg with their names piped on them.

I feel the brand has really changed. All the fillings taste pretty much the same, overly sweet to my taste.

My village shop will have the Chrimbo boxes in soon, they are always half price.

Good deals on Thornton's own website, they have some half price hampers on at the moment and an ultimate chocolate hamper reduced from £80 to £34. P & P is £4 standard delivery for a total order.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about £25-£30 for this TSV. Probably more £30 based on previous TSVs. Hopefully it will be free p&p too.

I might get this as we can give the wrapped boxes as thank-you gifts when we visit our families on Christmas Day & Boxing Day. I can keep the big box for me & the OH for over the festive period and then the bags & other box are handy to have, especially as we are going away for New Year, so could take those with us.

As a child Thorntons was a treat. My Birthday is near Easter and for the taking home pressie from my party Mum used to get everyone an Easter Egg with their names piped on them.

Aah. Lovely memories. My grandfather used to buy us (3 children) Easter eggs and have our names piped on them back in the '50's. They were so special. They were never the first to be eaten.

I've gone off Thorntons chocolates. I bought a couple of heavily reduced (or so it was stated) in Tesco a couple of years ago and most of them were inedible. I will eat virtually any chocolate. My friend's son did manage to eat what I had left though.

Even Lidl are selling Thornton's now, I see. They've got the Premium Collection 336g box and Classics Mint Favourites 350g box for £4.99 each and Classics dark/milk/white bags for 99p.

Thorntons 8 Piece Milk, Dark & White Chocolate Continental Gift Selection 1.5kg
Item Number: 804595
QVC Price £43.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £0.00

A chocolate lover's dream, this eight-piece collection contains five different varieties of chocolate boxes and bags, including a limited edition Experience Box containing the exotic new flavours of Orange Blossom & Thyme and Lingonberry. Split this fantastically flavoursome collection up to give as gifts for lucky loved ones, or keep them at home to enjoy yourself with family and guests.

Beautifully presented - the four boxed chocolates are decorated with pretty bows, while the bags are in lovely pastel colours, making them ideal for gifting without the need for any extra wrapping.

Fantastic flavours - you'll find old favourites such as velvety pralines, soft mousses and tasty truffles in white, milk and dark chocolate varieties so there's something to please everyone in this selection. There's also the new and exciting flavours of Orange Blossom & Thyme and Lingonberry for the adventurous ones!

Suitable for vegetarians
Free from artificial colours and flavours

Contains:

1 x Continental Experience Box (428g)
1 x Continental Milk, White, Dark Chocolate Round Box (372g)
2 x Continental Milk, White and Dark Mousses, Truffles and Pralines (150g)
1 x Continental Alpine Bag (108g)
3 x Continental Viennese Bags (108g)

Direct despatch: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery

I've just received an e- mail inviting me to buy early. If it had been Hotel Chocolat I might have been interested!

I hate Thorntons but my OH loves them so I bought some a couple of weeks ago when they were on offer in Asda

Latest posts

Back