Thoughts/Opinions on Bid rebrand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i presume the 14 working day delivery allows them to get the money from the customer then order from the supplier and pay immediately for the stock ?

Sounds plausible but whatever the reason it's archaic and like something from the 1990's, or even earlier.

Appalling.

Not impressed at all with the rebrand noticed there is a lot more expensive items over £100 obv know why cos of their difficulties think they can pull wool over our eyes? Boycott at all costs

They're still up to they're old tricks charging 7.99 postage for a couple of pieces of corrugated plastic to stop your fish fingers sticking to your baking tray.

I saw them selling this earlier in the day. It's a joke, it really is.

Bought something much the same except it's more a basket style thing! Got it from poundstretcher for next to nothing, works a treat! No way would it have cost £7.99 to send thro' the post!!

I am disappointed! I had thought things would improve... but three days in and it's the same rubbish and mostly the high p&p...it is sad but I can't see it surviving.

I am disappointed! I had thought things would improve... but three days in and it's the same rubbish and mostly the high p&p...it is sad but I can't see it surviving.

Kathy it's plop.

And was always going to be :mysmilie_59:

Kathy it's plop.

And was always going to be :mysmilie_59:

Admittedly not seen that much of Shop at Bid (as now is) yet, but I initially thought they would offload all the truly junk items onto Price-drop and have Shop at Bid for the slightly better items (slightly better by their standards, meaning not much at all) as a short term strategy, slowly improving in quality when/if they can afford to do so.

But that hasn't happened, which makes it appear even more like a desperate last throw of the dice. Anyone with half a working brain will spot the same products at the same prices with the same extended delivery time and conclude that nothing has really changed; hardly anyone will see the new buying process and think "This is an amazing improvement! Must buy something now!" if they didn't buy before the rebrand. An Ideal World equivalent channel with a bit more entertainment on the presentation side, perhaps wooing some ex-Bid/Price-drop customers back in the process might have been an idea that could have worked four years ago, but at this stage seems much more like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted. And, let's face it, next to impossible in their current position, or so it seems.

Next Tuesday's creditor meeting will be VERY interesting.

They need to scrap the music that kicks in with the dialling tone noises etc ... maybe fitted the bidding format but doesn't fit the new format as the immediate need to purchase is no longer there.

They need to scrap the music that kicks in with the dialling tone noises etc ... maybe fitted the bidding format but doesn't fit the new format as the immediate need to purchase is no longer there.

I agree, the music merely reaffirms their well deserved downmarket reputation.

Trash.

I have to day that when the presenters were demonstrating the mop with handle gadget on the cars outside, my evil mind thought that the bailiffs had locked them out of their studio!

I have to day that when the presenters were demonstrating the mop with handle gadget on the cars outside, my evil mind thought that the bailiffs had locked them out of their studio!

I heard a rumour they are now offering one bottle of Peter Sherlock's 'Divine Decadence Unconventional' for every £100 owed.

No word on whether it's acceptable but personally i'd bite their hand off, the Ukraine will be looking for anything flammable when Putin cuts their gas off.

Kerchingski

Been watching again and it's basically my local shop that sells nothing but tat but on tv do they really take us as stupid not to notice what they are up to

Also trade descriptions may want a look in still having BID in the name when there's no bidding involved like old days

Did anyone see "Gasping" Simon Davis with the blood pressure monitor? It was pure class - he hooked the machine up wrong and once he got it to work, his blood pressure continued to get higher with every attempt. Just before he handed back to Steve Mack at mid night he said he would try it one more time. His blood pressure went through the roof to the great giggling from the crew watching. Steve Mack came on and thanked Simon who he recommended should immediately visit the hospital. It was one of those occasions that cracked me up. Thank's to Simon and Steve Mack, it was worth the wait. Good luck next Monday at the CVA. :clapping:

Did anyone see "Gasping" Simon Davis with the blood pressure monitor? It was pure class - he hooked the machine up wrong and once he got it to work, his blood pressure continued to get higher with every attempt. Just before he handed back to Steve Mack at mid night he said he would try it one more time. His blood pressure went through the roof to the great giggling from the crew watching. Steve Mack came on and thanked Simon who he recommended should immediately visit the hospital. It was one of those occasions that cracked me up. Thank's to Simon and Steve Mack, it was worth the wait. Good luck next Monday at the CVA. :clapping:

They should send those Blood Pressure Monitors to all the poor, hard working people they owe the £68 million to.

It's the least they can do. Shysters.

They should send those Blood Pressure Monitors to all the poor, hard working people they owe the £68 million to.

It's the least they can do. Shysters.

Can't agree more - How they can sell stuff not paid for and then not pay the suppliers is in my view nothing short of stealing. Those people providing the Punjaban curry who got great reviews from one and all who sold it for example must feel pretty well and truly shafted. How the presenters can still work there shows how thick skinned they must be - or think how thick the audience is. Shonky, Tacky, call it what you will - it should not be allowed.

Latest posts

Back