Thoughts/Opinions on Bid rebrand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I thought they were going to have sensible P&P now? A chip cooker does not cost the same to post as a dress.

Rip off p&p for **** 14 day delivery service.

In the case of Divine Decadence at least it delays Doris from Doncaster reeking of Ann Widdecombe for an extra few weeks.

Her Hubby will be most grateful.

Too much like iideal world, 1 ideal world is enough but 2 ? Less fun more sell, sell, sell too serious and 1 hour on a product which ideal world already do that. And they also sell the tefal.

Last edited:
A while back at least one of Bid TV's presenters referred to rival channels as something like "shoppy shoppy TV". Now "Shop with Bid" unfortunately appears to give you precisely that, at least from what I've seen of it so far.

Question just has to be why did they leave things so late for a partial about-turn? Excuse me for being so cynical, but I suspect the actual reason just has to be that management realises "Shop with Bid" will be a short-term failure therefore they decided to launch it late so they have an excuse not to provide complete sales figures for Shop with Bid at the forthcoming creditors' meeting later this month.

I hope I'm wrong but me thinks they've reverted to type (if they ever moved away from it in the first place) very quickly. Only on their second 'one day special' and it's a 'blaster brush' for £18 plus ... yep you've guessed it ... £8 p&p!

A while back at least one of Bid TV's presenters referred to rival channels as something like "shoppy shoppy TV". Now "Shop with Bid" unfortunately appears to give you precisely that, at least from what I've seen of it so far.

Question just has to be why did they leave things so late for a partial about-turn? Excuse me for being so cynical, but I suspect the actual reason just has to be that management realises "Shop with Bid" will be a short-term failure therefore they decided to launch it late so they have an excuse not to provide complete sales figures for Shop with Bid at the forthcoming creditors' meeting later this month.

We can credit The Runt of The Litter with those words.

Then again he also said just last night that Bid TV is the greatest name in shopping television, sadly I suspect his endless search for a man will continue until he gains some perspective :mysmilie_59:

Really disappointed that most products still have the £7.99 p&p - completely unreasonable for most items - especially considering a 10 working day delivery time.

I completely understand all the complaints from customers that Bid has lost their 'fun' element - or indeed their USP of being a falling price channel - however, it's absolutely a fact that the channel's format was making huge losses. There's no way they could have continued with the old format.

Really disappointed that most products still have the £7.99 p&p - completely unreasonable for most items - especially considering a 10 working day delivery time. I completely understand all the complaints from customers that Bid has lost their 'fun' element - or indeed their USP of being a falling price channel - however, it's absolutely a fact that the channel's format was making huge losses. There's no way they could have continued with the old format.

They could have kept the same format and sold good brands. Those tablets they sold recently seemed very good value for the spec.

Sent from my Vodafone 354 using Forum Runner *meep meep*

I'm a big fan of their products and I too remember some sort of an explanation regarding the name change but it didn't really make sense at the time as their own website still used the previous branding but that has all changed now.

It's such a shame the Sit-Up Shysters turned them over but i'm sure they'll flourish without those grubby grabbing debtors.

yeah i had no issue with the product or them personally. they had legitimate knowledge and the curries looked fantastic quite frankly

I liked how they had mike, justin and mark ryes on at various points in the first 5-10mins.

It actually felt different.... and then it felt like hour world... i mean ideal world

I'd be interested to know how long they're going to give this model before they have to throw in the towel? I'm a bit confused, well very confused . We've been told that the channel owe money right left and centre, yet they've been able to pay for a total rebranding and at the same time keep price drop on the air, or does this mean that they just added another creditor to the long list when this was done? Or did they just hire Gollum's kid to knock something up on daddy's pooter?! Don't get me wrong I hope the don't have to throw in the towel, but there's very few changes I can see that is going to compel a new generation of viewers to spend their money with them. P&P's still way too high, delivery times are even longer - a "per order" delivery charge wouldn't have been a bad start. Phone call on the surface is cheaper and if the call is kept down to five minutes or less, great, but somehow, just somehow I can't see that happening very often. Sorry but the heavy foreign accents from the operatives will more often that not have the caller asking them to repeat themselves, and the operatives themselves no doubt will be instructed to ask the caller to repeat themselves as often as they can get away with, and are probably told to repeat back everything the caller has said...so adds up! Buy via the web then? I will, but I'm sure they're banking on a lot of older people who perhaps don't have a computer, who may be a little hard of hearing etc to phone in at their own expense! Really not convinced by this!

Maybe the two ex guys for Ideal World came up with the cash and the ideas for the rebrand, which would explain why it looks so much like their former channel. If not though I agree some poor start up design company will be going under thanks to being added to a CVA.

PJ.

Maybe the two ex guys for Ideal World came up with the cash and the ideas for the rebrand, which would explain why it looks so much like their former channel. If not though I agree some poor start up design company will be going under thanks to being added to a CVA.

PJ.

I was chatting to someone who is knowledgable of the CVA process and she said it can be very difficult for a company to flourish under such an arrangement. Apparently many companies perform credit checks and the likes before conducting business with a firm for the first time and could be scared off, similar to when a Bank sees negative credit information on an individual's file when a customer applies for a new product.

I guess time will tell how it pans out.

I was chatting to someone who is knowledgable of the CVA process and she said it can be very difficult for a company to flourish under such an arrangement. Apparently many companies perform credit checks and the likes before conducting business with a firm for the first time and could be scared off, similar to when a Bank sees negative credit information on an individual's file when a customer applies for a new product.

I guess time will tell how it pans out.

Don't know the corporate rules relating to credit scores but it can take many years (7+) for an individual's credit rating to be repaired (as what happened when one individual was wrongly accused of owing money), therefore Sit-up may find it difficult to raise capital for years after the CVA and may be forced to pay cash upfront for stock, playing havoc with their credit control.

A bleak future is possible if they do survive, so creditors may be very tempted to pull the plug in order to get at least some money in the short term; Freeview channel licences alone are worth several million each so it wouldn't be a surprise if Price-drop gets dumped at some point even if "Shop at Bid" does survive after next week.

Don't know the corporate rules relating to credit scores but it can take many years (7+) for an individual's credit rating to be repaired (as what happened when one individual was wrongly accused of owing money), therefore Sit-up may find it difficult to raise capital for years after the CVA and may be forced to pay cash upfront for stock, playing havoc with their credit control.

A bleak future is possible if they do survive, so creditors may be very tempted to pull the plug in order to get at least some money in the short term; Freeview channel licences alone are worth several million each so it wouldn't be a surprise if Price-drop gets dumped at some point even if "Shop at Bid" does survive after next week.

It's only a hunch but I think they'll get through the 75% acceptance level if only because 1% is more than 0% but the key is apparently a subsidiary of ITV plc, and Arqiva who operate the Terrestrial Multiplexes that broadcast the Sit-Up Channels.

Again i'm only guessing but there's a good chance they are both very substantial creditors if not the biggest. It's surely most unlikely there'd be a lack of other operators who would like to use the terrestrial bandwidth if they decide to kick Sit-Up into touch.

We'll see.

I have said before the CVA will go through, they would never have proposed it otherwise, largely thanks to the three or four biggest creditors accepting it, the little guys who are owed less than £100k will just have to live with it, these are the ones that will really suffer as writing off that kind of money can make or break a small business or individual

i presume the 14 working day delivery allows them to get the money from the customer then order from the supplier and pay immediately for the stock ?

Latest posts

Back