Thoughts/Opinions on Bid rebrand

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can't agree more - How they can sell stuff not paid for and then not pay the suppliers is in my view nothing short of stealing. Those people providing the Punjaban curry who got great reviews from one and all who sold it for example must feel pretty well and truly shafted. How the presenters can still work there shows how thick skinned they must be - or think how thick the audience is. Shonky, Tacky, call it what you will - it should not be allowed.

Our Mortgage Payment is due next week, I might see if the Bank will let us off with paying 1%.

But i'll offer Barclaycard 2%, i'm in a generous mood today :mysmilie_59:

I don't think it's as easy as saying the presenters are bad people because they work there.

they can't exactly go to the job tree, that grows in the job garden and pick a nice little role for themselves off of the job branch.

I don't think it's as easy as saying the presenters are bad people because they work there.

they can't exactly go to the job tree, that grows in the job garden and pick a nice little role for themselves off of the job branch.

That's fair comment Mr T, for many of them.

But there are several who have appeared to positively thrive on the shystering.

And there's one who despite saying he was finished with selling crap on shopping channels seems to do it with a smirk.

That's fair comment Mr T, for many of them.

But there are several who have appeared to positively thrive on the shystering.

And there's one who despite saying he was finished with selling crap on shopping channels seems to do it with a smirk.

I think that's a fairer way of saying it. There are many people who do jobs that are considered immoral by nature, but don't actually do anything to perpetuate the immoral nature of the job. For example Mark Ryes (recently), Bod, Debbie Greenwood etc (you know the usual suspects on this end of the scale)

same goes for the usual suspects who you are gearing your comments towards. It is a common misconception in life that people who are lying won't be able to look at you... as in-fact some people enjoy watching their lies being believed.... I believe these people are your good friends Peter, Peter, Sally etc.

I think that's a fairer way of saying it. There are many people who do jobs that are considered immoral by nature, but don't actually do anything to perpetuate the immoral nature of the job. For example Mark Ryes (recently), Bod, Debbie Greenwood etc (you know the usual suspects on this end of the scale)

same goes for the usual suspects who you are gearing your comments towards. It is a common misconception in life that people who are lying won't be able to look at you... as in-fact some people enjoy watching their lies being believed.... I believe these people are your good friends Peter, Peter, Sally etc.

Absolutely right Mr T, as perverse as it is there are some people who genuinely get a kick out of hoodwinking people.

And there are some at Bid who i'm convinced fit that description.

Lots of complaints on twitter from normal customers saying how dreadful the new look is. And they are also saying they won't shop their anymore. Please close them down on tuesday, we already have an ideal world, don't need another 1.

Lots of complaints on twitter from normal customers saying how dreadful the new look is. And they are also saying they won't shop their anymore. Please close them down on tuesday, we already have an ideal world, don't need another 1.

I would love to find out what their sales figures are in the new "Shop at Bid" format, because I suspect that they're actually worse than what they were before the rebrand. If creditors are to write off debt they need to see light at the end of the tunnel in order to make any pain worthwhile, so if the light is becoming dimmer rather than brighter they will surely be asking awkward questions as a consequence.

....I've even noticed that they've hitched up the prices for the poundshop stuff....£24.99 they want for the set of argan oil hair products that would cost £6 in poundland and can be delivered for an extra £3 - £24.99! - We thought they were having a laugh when they were selling it for £18!!! They've reduced the p&p, that's only £6.99 now, how kind of them! Either they're hoping they'll go under or they're really taking the pi$$!

....I've even noticed that they've hitched up the prices for the poundshop stuff....£24.99 they want for the set of argan oil hair products that would cost £6 in poundland and can be delivered for an extra £3 - £24.99! - We thought they were having a laugh when they were selling it for £18!!! They've reduced the p&p, that's only £6.99 now, how kind of them! Either they're hoping they'll go under or they're really taking the pi$$!

wow merry, things are going from bad to worse, especially when the company are now well aware that these products can be bought for around 99p (argan oil for example)
so many people have stated this on some presenters' FB pages that they can't fail but to know and I've noticed the stock answer seems to be 'people have a choice where they shop' which is fair enough but it doesn't make it right - morally it's not right

wow merry, things are going from bad to worse, especially when the company are now well aware that these products can be bought for around 99p (argan oil for example)
so many people have stated this on some presenters' FB pages that they can't fail but to know and I've noticed the stock answer seems to be 'people have a choice where they shop' which is fair enough but it doesn't make it right - morally it's not right

Most importantly they can no longer claim with a straight face that they're excellent value for money because by doing so it would be classed as an outright lie. This is significant especially with the ASA breathing down their neck.

Just been reading through all the comments on perfume Pete and bid sorry shop at bid facebook pages

I'd say 90% of it is negative, all the fun gone, boring, don't like you spending so long on 1 item, its just boring now like every other shopping channel, prices have gone up, its like another QVC or Ideal World, You have lost your USP and personal touch

Liked this comment though "At one time when in it's prime you had a choice "Bid, Price Drop & Speed. Now you have "Bland & Boring or Switch Off" and I think that about sums it up how a lot of us feel

"Full marks for wrecking two tv channels in one Week have switched of never to view again once Again well done"

"just another boring shop channel now not fun anymore! too long on a product an hour! dearer prices too on fashion,ruined the experienced of fun shopping with the likes of Sally and Peter show. now just a bore selling a frying pan for an hour after ten minutes do not care if it washes itself and sing aida just bored"

Peter Howard Sherlock Guys I'm really in no position to influence the bosses. I'm a presenter not a boss. I'm never going to change. Bear with us and see what else happens?!!!!!! XXXXxp

even Far commented...Far Mani Presenter I'm with you Peter. And with the same token I understand the viewer's feelings and opinions too. It's hard to accept change and we're right in the middle of it! We've all had to deal with change in some way shape or form in our lives. Let's see what we can do from listening to everyone. Hopefully we can come to some 'happy medium'. Here's hoping. Thanks for listening x

Its fair to say that the vast majority of P&P is still £7.99 although I have seen a few items with £4.99 and £5.99 over the week and of course a £9.99 crept in too

apparently someone sent an item back 1st class for 90p, I don't see how that's possible

The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative from their customers (as expected). However, what a lot of people don't realise is that Bid are in dire financial straits - a lot of their customers want the old format to continue - of course, this is impossible - the channel would have folded in a matter of weeks.

I think if Bid actually got decent products, with fair prices and reasonable p&p the new format would work - the problem is they're using the old poundland products in the new format - and it just highlights are awful the products are.

I think if Bid actually got decent products, with fair prices and reasonable p&p the new format would work - the problem is they're using the old poundland products in the new format - and it just highlights are awful the products are.

Plus of course they can't move away from pound shop products unless/until they get their £6m investment after the CVA has been accepted. I'm pretty sure that more 'fun' can easily be added to the channels in due course but another big mistake of theirs was to keep certain presenters - and I'm referring to more than one of them - purely because they managed decent sales figures under the old regime (or so it appears to be the case). Shouty, uncouth, occasionally misleading and downright repellant at times; you may not see these people in John Lewis but even more importantly you wouldn't see them selling in Currys either.

Falling prices in any case were always an overrated gimmick unless the so-called "start price" correctly matched a price charged by a genuine retailer as opposed to a fantasy value or (even worse) a fake website invented by marketing people.

Well my thoughts are with those creative people at Sit-Up during this time, i'm sure the good folks of this forum would like to join me in wishing them all the luck they deserve.

Break a leg.

Well my thoughts are with those creative people at Sit-Up during this time, i'm sure the good folks of this forum would like to join me in wishing them all the luck they deserve.

Break a leg.

Just imagine the scene at 2 pm this afternoon. I had hoped to get snuck in as an insider and broadcast to you all from the live web cam from my Yarvic Tablet, but it stopped working as soon as I switched it on!! Everyone attending is being given a £10 bonus voucher as a deal sweetener to get the CVA deal put through, but can only be used on any fifth Friday in a February non leap year. (A much better offer than usual don't you think?). Lots of stalls in the lobby - there's Perfume Pete's Pong stall, not many takers, all the blokes got a good patting down by a dodgy looking bloke called Pete, after my third pat down I knew something was not right here. More follows shortly - It really really is, not only from here, not only from there but Leeees is that you? The Rezonator, and Lianna all with Pom Poms. I need a lay down, and the nurse is here with my meds. Oh no it's not the nurse it's the Brashmeister - I'm done for. Security comin -----

Whilst in the meeting, the creditors begrudingly accept the CVA deal amongst mutterings of "that Gollum's a waste of space...", but then it's revealed that the CVA has a p&p charge of £8m and will take 8 to 14 years to deliver.

A riot breaks out...

Schlocko will be wheeled in to perform his 'this is the best CVA lynchmob i've ever been in front of' routine.

He'd be well advised to avoid the 'we're going nowhere' line though, they might think that a little bit too cocky.

I know deep down we all enjoy the car crash tv and we all have our fave presenters. Seriously I wish them all well for the future including those who have already gone - and thank's for the last 20 months or so I have watched the channels. Quality of products and presenters have declined, but imagine being in front of a live audience for 3 hours or so with no script but what you can think up on the spur of the moment. It's difficult for the viewers too. That's why we love it so much. So, from myself, if any of the presenters has been offended by my comments on this forum. I sincerely apologise. It would be nice for the presenters to have a free right of reply without being chastised by the management. It's the grown up people upstairs that don't seem to be able to grasp what is going wrong. Sadly today may seem the end of one or two channels in the line up. I wish you all the best for the outcome this afternoon, and I am sure there will be fall out, and people will be upset with the result on both sides. Good luck to all parties. Rant over, normal conditions apply. Will be watching with bated breath.

I had hoped to get snuck in as an insider and broadcast to you all from the live web cam from my Yarvic Tablet, but it stopped working as soon as I switched it on!!

Finding it amusing that the good folk over at steam mop efbe schott land have managed to fire up their Yarvic one day special tablet to post this rather, and I quote, "depressing" tweet:

@TEAMUKI via Twitter said:
In creditors meeting for @bidtv #depressing

See the original tweet here - https://twitter.com/TEAMUKI/status/445924543249788929

Oh and, Hello, obviously I am new here :mysmilie_11: - today is a very SaD day indeed, welcome to the brand new Shop at Drop! Coming soon to a telly box near you... probably! (or maybe not)

Latest posts

Back