Tiana b tsv 30/1/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I KNOW this is going to upset the most ardent of Joy fans, BUT, I dont think she is really a good advert for the 'big' girl anymore (which includes me). I almost get embarrassed watching her on tsv fashion nights - its her chest wot does it. I mean, she really could give Dolly Parton and Jessica Rabbit run for her money these days, the way they stick out. Ok she's no doubt wearing a brilliant bra, but even so, and I'm sad to say this, but if I looked like Joy in some of these dresses, I wouldn't step outside the door because I'd stop the traffic !!!!!

On a more positive note, I have seen Joy in magazine adverts, she looks great and NEVER looks like she does on qvc.

Its ok but not that exciting. The Tiana B guest looks terrible in it. Poor Joy as i've renamed her looks fab in red but Unfortunately yet again the dress doesn't fit her properly

I have had two dresses in the past (both maxi ones) and love them, but this is a bit frumpy, it was stretching across the models busts you could see a bit of the bra colour and pattern! Not good in my book. The only things I like are the colours.

I'm a bit alarmed as I actually like this dress! I normally don't give QVC clothing a second glance, other than for entertainment (and the odd Centipede coat) but this seems simple and unfussy to me. Am trying not to think that this is the first step on a no-return route from Topshop to Grim n Co argh...am still carrying baby weight and the infamous c-section apron though so no doubt it would look hideous at the mo. I don't like pattern which is why I think this appeals, so much QVC clothing is (to me) garish. I think this is virtually the only thing I can recall seeing on QVC that wouldn't look out of place if worn by Dame Judi (who is my role model for later life.) Hope those who go for it love it - please do report back...

I KNOW this is going to upset the most ardent of Joy fans, BUT, I dont think she is really a good advert for the 'big' girl anymore (which includes me). I almost get embarrassed watching her on tsv fashion nights - its her chest wot does it. I mean, she really could give Dolly Parton and Jessica Rabbit run for her money these days, the way they stick out. Ok she's no doubt wearing a brilliant bra, but even so, and I'm sad to say this, but if I looked like Joy in some of these dresses, I wouldn't step outside the door because I'd stop the traffic !!!!!I agree with you about Joy in

On a more positive note, I have seen Joy in magazine adverts, she looks great and NEVER looks like she does on qvc.

I agree with you about Joy in some of the Tiana B dresses, I think Joy herself feel embarrassed, but then again ... she is getting paid ,doubt she would wear any of it outside qvc.....

the dress is nice and I might wear it if I were 5 stones lighter and could get into industrial-strength slim and lifts! I wear mostly plain colours because I like to jazz up my outfits with "fashion" jewellery and scarves.

As is often the case, the models are in the wrong sizes so the dress is not shown to its best advantage. Alison K looks better in hers than do any of the models.

ali said she was wearing a 10 and the guest was wearing a 12. must have a lot of stretch......

I like the colours and the simplicity of the style but I have a feeling that the fabric will be cheap and thin and cling to all the wrong places. I never buy clothes from Q these days, I have done in the past and with the exception of one Centigrade coat I have regretted and returned every item.

I KNOW this is going to upset the most ardent of Joy fans, BUT, I dont think she is really a good advert for the 'big' girl anymore (which includes me). I almost get embarrassed watching her on tsv fashion nights - its her chest wot does it. I mean, she really could give Dolly Parton and Jessica Rabbit run for her money these days, the way they stick out. Ok she's no doubt wearing a brilliant bra, but even so, and I'm sad to say this, but if I looked like Joy in some of these dresses, I wouldn't step outside the door because I'd stop the traffic !!!!!

I agree with you.The problem with joy is she wears support garments to give a smooth line.I'm guessing its one of these all-in-one jobs - and something like the Doreen triumph ones almost give you a one level strapped cone shape to the bust area,rather than smoothing and separating it.

I watched the TSV launch at midnight and I agree with the person who said that the only one who looked good in it was Ali K, so if the models don't look that great in it I think that speaks for itself. It made the guest look frumpy and didn't hang well so no great advert there either. I've been quite disappointed with the last couple of TSV's and think the brands going more and more with cheap fabrics. I bought several dresses in the early days of Tiana B and they were better value.The last couple of orders have gone straight back to Q and I've thought that the general quality is slipping.
As an example I've bought these in the past but don't think I'll be buying anything else,
144 146 in red/black
101 314 in purple
146 401
153 244

Update: 8 o'clock show starts with OTO, guest in different dress to TSV! Has it sold out? Can I care to watch to find out?

When I looked at 7pm it was still available in all sizes and all colours, enough said !

Latest posts

Back