Tili May Beauty Box

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's not true because it has already been launched, namely in Germany as the BPOTM of April, in the 200ml size. I told you about it in the Alpha-H thread. Sorry for being sort of picky.

Reviews of this on QVC Germany are mixed, some saying the smell was much too strong or not pleasant, with one saying the smell was so strong it gave her a coughing fit every time she applied it! I remember the eye cream I received in a TSV where the smell was totally overpowering and made my eyes stream like crazy, I hope it's not as bad as that!!

Concerning the smell: Since when do we mention the smell when talking about Liquid Gold? It is the effect it has on the skin that counts, and in my opinion, the same goes for the LE. I think the people complaining about the smell don't know the original version, some of them say, they are sensitive to how a product smells. Unfortunately my skin is still crazy so I am still not able to try the rose version.

Next item is a full size OPI polish from the Fiji collection- you could get one of eight colours.
IMG_9668.jpg

Today's reveal is CC Cream this It Cosmetics tinted cream is fabulous to try out to see if you love it! As it's a medium colour only and obviously not everyone's colour this is a little add on in our box to try out the texture and coverage on your hand to see if this CC cream is for you!

So I went to browse the QVC US website, which tends to leave me frustrated with QVC UK, and today was no exception. Their TILI box costs $20 but they do have to pay postage of $3 - the total $23 equates to £17.85. Not only cheaper as a single item their customers can sign up for auto-delivery on Tili boxes and get a 10% discount on future drops. I can't be @rsed posting on facebook knowing the cut and paste fairies will argue their box has different contents to ours and ours "still represents excellent value...blah..blah.." I always come away from qvc.com feeling we're the poor relations: poor offers, limited ranges and products and less professional shows!

:mysmilie_10:

I've watched the review by Lisa Potter Dixon & from her face I don't think she's blown away with it!

I'm not surprised, the sizes are tiny/samples and there is only one full-size item that I can see, which is the OPI nail varnish (the Fiji range received underwhelming reviews on Q so presume they're happy to get rid of them that way). I guess the rose Liquid Gold will tempt people into buying it, but I'm definitely out, just not worth £20 for what you get.

I'm not surprised, the sizes are tiny/samples and there is only one full-size item that I can see, which is the OPI nail varnish (the Fiji range received underwhelming reviews on Q so presume they're happy to get rid of them that way). I guess the rose Liquid Gold will tempt people into buying it, but I'm definitely out, just not worth £20 for what you get.

The worst thing is that little CC cream which you either get to try about twice if you're lucky enough to find it's the right shade for you, or smear on the back of your hand to test the consistency. They actually admit that, too.

Tell you what though, you've got to give it to QVC they certainly know how to make money, put sample sizes in a box that the company would probably give you for free and charge you for it, genius! :mysmilie_14:

Reading beauty forums people say time and time again. These beauty boxes no matter who from start out brilliant sizes and products. Then after so many months they drop down to tiny sizes, non usable colours for them and not worth the money. So they just cancel.

Reading beauty forums people say time and time again. These beauty boxes no matter who from start out brilliant sizes and products. Then after so many months they drop down to tiny sizes, non usable colours for them and not worth the money. So they just cancel.

So true - I bought the Tili box with the full size spackle, Tarteist mascara etc etc so had high hopes but I passed on the last one cos it wasn't worth £20 for travel sizes and this one is sample sizes, barely so definitely not worth it.

AndiK - you weren't joking re the titchy IT cc cream, 4ml?!?!?!?

Tell you what though, you've got to give it to QVC they certainly know how to make money, put sample sizes in a box that the company would probably give you for free and charge you for it, genius! :mysmilie_14:

A couple of these items were in my goody bag the last time I went to a Beauty Bash: the shampoo & conditioner, roller lash (also free with a couple of magazines when it launched), Cleanse & Polish mini with cloth and a full-sized OPI polish. In fact I have a drawer full of those 15ml C&P packets - I seem to get a couple every time I order from Liz Earle - including 4 when I ordered from their flash sale the other day. This suggests that QVC are funding the packaging (nice sturdy boxes) the Tili web presence and social media pages and the postage, shifting samples that brands are falling over themselves to get in the next box and laughing all the way to the bank (as usual).

So this could be the Tili that goes back, my daughter wants to try the rose liquid gold and the 10 minute tan, but I suspect when it comes to coughing up the £20 she'll say "send it back!" (I've created a shopping bulimic monster in my own image!)

:wink:

A couple of these items were in my goody bag the last time I went to a Beauty Bash: the shampoo & conditioner, roller lash (also free with a couple of magazines when it launched), Cleanse & Polish mini with cloth and a full-sized OPI polish. In fact I have a drawer full of those 15ml C&P packets - I seem to get a couple every time I order from Liz Earle - including 4 when I ordered from their flash sale the other day. This suggests that QVC are funding the packaging (nice sturdy boxes) the Tili web presence and social media pages and the postage, shifting samples that brands are falling over themselves to get in the next box and laughing all the way to the bank (as usual).

So this could be the Tili that goes back, my daughter wants to try the rose liquid gold and the 10 minute tan, but I suspect when it comes to coughing up the £20 she'll say "send it back!" (I've created a shopping bulimic monster in my own image!)

:wink:

:mysmilie_17: I don't blame her either, twenty quid for a box and sample size is quite steep. Maybe if your daughter gets in touch with Alpha H they might send her a sample of the rose liquid gold, it'll be in their interest because they might get a sale out of it, and you know what they say, if you don't ask you don't get. :mysmilie_3:

Update: DD doesn't want me to order this for her, so I haven't. Saves me a trip to the post office. She's better off ordering the two full-sized products she fancies trying and returning them under the MBG if they don't work for her.

Latest posts

Back