Toners

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Liz Earle Tonic is the only 'toner' I've ever known to make a difference to my skin. I only really cleanse once a day, at night to take my make up off and I use L'occitane soap (or Dove if cash is tight). Before I put my make up on in the daytime I soak a cotton wool pad with the LE and swipe my face and neck with it, and my face feels refreshed, clean and it makes my skin glow (in a nice way!).

When times are really tight I will buy from fleabay or anywhere that's selling it - either pure Rosewater or Orange Flower Water and just use that instead - both are excellent as toners, they calm and clarify nicely.

Cavegirl, if you can find dried orange flowers you can make the water yourself! I used to do that when I was a teenager but have to admit I never really cared for the smell.

I love toners, they leave my face all refreshed.In the evening I wipe it off with a cotton wool, in the morning I don't wipe it off; I immediately apply a facial oil which goes on much beter when the skin is a little humid.
My favourites: ELemis Apricot, LE, Akamuti's Organic Orange Blossom toner and L'occitane apple toner

I'm also a toner gal as I find I always miss something under my jaw area and the toner sweeps it away.

Sadly LE tonic brings my chin out in bumps, but I do like the Boots No 7 soothing/calming spray one - it's the pink one. Clinique always feels like paint stripper on my skin - not that I've ever used paint stripper on my skin I hasten to add lol.

Latest posts

Back