Too Much Information

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Just watching Dale with Jill Gormless, and honest to God there is so much info being flashed up on the bottom of the screen its like trying to play 8 cards at Bingo !!!!! how are we supposed to register all the item numbers, the prices and the products that are being shown at once ?

Anyway, I don't like info at the bottom of the screen, its too distracting.

So if you're reading this QVC. the brains of your target audience cannot take in all this info at once - we want clear info on one item at a time, not a dementia test thank you very much !

The tat peddlers have always said that the Q is a department store on the TV, well we all know what's happening to those companies. It's now like a market stall plastered in those brightly coloured card stars & complete with its own Del Boy selling tat from China.

Just watching Dale with Jill Gormless, and honest to God there is so much info being flashed up on the bottom of the screen its like trying to play 8 cards at Bingo !!!!! how are we supposed to register all the item numbers, the prices and the products that are being shown at once ?

Anyway, I don't like info at the bottom of the screen, its too distracting.

So if you're reading this QVC. the brains of your target audience cannot take in all this info at once - we want clear info on one item at a time, not a dementia test thank you very much !
It is a bit of an overload now. I don't know why they need to clutter up the screen with so much, mainly irrelevant, information. Adverts on Adverts.

My Spanish has improved 100% since watching the dramas on Netflix. But I generally have the subs on anyway - I'm not deaf, but I find its easier to follow the story.

(Highly recommend VELVET - best love story EVER ! and CALL MY AGENT (French) - hilarious)
Have to say I love Call my agent, and will give Velvet another go as have only watched one episode and never watched anymore for some reason. Going off on a tangent here was it you that mentioned Caci facials Brissles? I thought you did on an Elemis thread a few weeks/months back? I have a couple now after you mentioning it and am impressed so far, so many thanks 👍

Great ! glad you like the treatments - keep them up ! your little cheeks will be plumped to perfection :)

Yes please stick with Velvet, its such a humorous and wonderful story. I have never wanted to be 30 years younger so much than when I watch the simply gorgeous Alberto - he reminds me of the time in the 60's when all the fellas had college boy haircuts and wore shiny suits, and he completes the look with sunglasses and sports car. And the way he kisses....... phew phew phew !!! Drooling big time here :love::love:

They are desperate I think, but the presenters seem confident enough in their jobs. But why oh why do presenters insist on wearing tops and komonos which do absolutely nothing for them either face or side on, it baffles me!
I get the feeling of desperation too.

I suppose to some extent they wear what they're told to wear, but whoever chooses the outfits needs to look at their creations. Personally I think trainers spoil summer dresses because they're far too blocky for the style, but I'm not the one doing the choosing. The sellers should be there to show off the outfits, not to look silly, so choose something that looks good. It's not rocket science.

I wondered where else 'fashion' would go when wearing trainers with summer frocks first appeared - now it seems the 'norm'. BUT for me its the wearing of boots - biker or otherwise, with light fabric summer wear that jarrs with me, and don't get me started about jeans with torn knees ! how the hell did THAT start ?

(As an aside, I joined a live stream of a friend's funeral yesterday, and I know standards of dress have dumbed down to kerb level in recent years, but its reached a new low when I saw a tall teenager sitting in the front row in jeans/trainers and a ****** hoodie that was kept up all through the service ! - I immediately thought that my parents would have said "you are NOT going to a funeral looking like that " . I give up. )

Two friend of ours got married at the weekend, both are in their late 40`s. The husband posted some photos on his facebook page and the bride wore a knee length dress with white trainers, the groom wore a flat cap with a jacket and open neck shirt. The white trainers looked totally wrong because the bride`s dress was a dark blue chiffon type of fabric with gold embroidery across the chest area and the groom looked as if he was off to a football match or for a pint at the pub.
I know casual dress seems the norm nowadays and someone mentioned earlier about exotic hotels no longer having a dress code at dinner. We noticed this when we returned in 2019 to a hotel we visited in Mauritius back in 2010. On our first visit there was a dress code for evening dinner and people wore dresses, classier clothes and the men wore shirts and trousers. On our second visit I`d packed the same for evening wear and felt overdressed as most other guests turned up in T shirts, beach clothes or even shorts.
As for funerals, well, there doesn`t seem to be any kind of dress code at all these days. People turn up wearing whatever they like and not always appropriate. I know the most important fact is that people are there to pay their respects but to me dressing suitably is also part of that respect. I think I must be part of a dying breed, no pun intended.

Not part of a dying breed Vienna, dressing well for certain occasions including funerals in my world is very important and respectful.Certainly dress codes these days have gone way downhill.I remember in my youth if I was visiting London or anywhere out of the ordinary, I would be in a mild panic as to what I was going to wear.Now I could, but wouldn’t, step out in my gardening gear.I am much more casual these days not being in working life, but still consider what I am wearing.

Latest posts

Back