Travel Style RFID Card Holders & Gift Boxes TSV 31/07/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Travel Style Set of 3 RFID Card Holders with Gift Boxes
Item Number: 167028
QVC Price £19.00
Todays Special Value Price £14.98
P&P £2.95

These three fantastic cardholders feature built-in RFID blocking technology to help protect the personal and financial information on your cards. With new contactless technologies making it easier for thieves to access data from your cards, you can enjoy peace of mind wherever you're headed with these brilliant Travel Style cardholders.

Worry-free style - to help keep your money safe, these cardholders have built-in Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) protection in the credit card slots to help guard against readers and scanners. The innovative design is perfect whether you're out for the day or on holiday, when you need an extra sense of security that your money and information are safe.

Suit your style - available in three designs, choose from the Rose option featuring a stunning floral print, a Red Spot design or a Metallic set of quilted cardholders. Versatile and fun, they're perfect for complementing handbags and co-ordinating with your other accessories too, plus they come with gift boxes, so they'll make great presents and you can split and share the set!

8 x card slots
Cardholder (l x w x d): 11cm x 7.5cm x 2cm (4.3" x 3" x 0.7")

Colour options:

Spot
Gold Metallic
Rose

Contains:

3 x RFID cardholders plus gift boxes

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.167028

:mysmilie_51:
Shockingly expensive, a "solution" to a virtually non-existent threat to most people & preying on people's fears about technology. Please do your research before throwing your money down the drain (you might find that a homemade sleeve of kitchen foil will be just as good, if you're still worried) for a bit of tat to replace your existing, well-loved wallet.

I know about the kitchen foil etc but just as a card holder I find them good for me, really neat in my bag and brightly coloured so handy to see etc. When one got tatty inside I took the inners out and now keep that one for appointment cards.

They cost between £5 and £6.95 in gift shops so not priced too bad - but not everyone wants 3. I included a couple with gifts and people were pleased and I always get comments when I use it in a shop.

Would buy what colours I wanted separately rather than taking Q selection.

I bought 2 very pretty ones in a gift shop for £2.98.. I like them as they're brightly coloured and I can see them easily in my handbag. QVC's are shockingly overpriced IMO.

I bought 2 very pretty ones in a gift shop for £2.98.. I like them as they're brightly coloured and I can see them easily in my handbag. QVC's are shockingly overpriced IMO.
I have 2 that I bought very cheaply too. I use them for my store cards

I love the ones I got from Q before and always get comments in stores when I use them. Like others I find them nice and easy to locate in my bag. I hadn't thought of using the case once the inside has gone! Another useful forum tip, thank you. I have a load of business cards at the back of my address book which always go flying out when I take it out of the drawer so the old one can replace that idea.

I agree you can get cheaper ones. I did look through the Amazon selection but the ones I really liked cost £4.50 plus £1.99 postage so I think I shall get the TSV. I can also "SIFT AND GIFT"!!!!!!!!!! That will be a first for me, I am very excited.

Eight RFID sleeves £19.50 delivered from QVC, or ten from Amazon for £2.69...........decisions, decisions.

I liked the holders I have had in the past, I don't know about the technology but am taking no chances.They are sturdy & have a good catch just wish the inner sleeves didn't come apart.

Just to warn you cheap or expensive versions of these ...I had them for a while until ...I opened up one one day to pay in the shops for something and I had a lovley pattern of cards all over the floor in one go ! ...I thought they were great before that ...and I lost my Boots points card because of it ...luckily I noticed and cancelled my card immediately over the phone got a newy ....cards are slippery suckers and the concertina affect of this product can in my experience be very fiddly espeacially if you have dexterity problems...I don't have dexterity problems and they almost jumped out of the pouch ...they look pretty and maybe the the security is great but I found them a nightmare lol ...( I can be clumsy but ....just to warn you even if you get a great bargain and there are lots out there

I have to agree with some on this thread, on occasion Q can be a source of information and discovery. A couple of years ago when these RFID were first 'around' (suppose at the start of contactless), I hadn't really understood or heard of it (my card I think had the symbol, but like most people in the 'backwater' I call home, it wasn't really used or understood much (2 years on how times have changed). Having heard about the technology and the fact that it can be 'skimmed' etc, I thought I would look into purchasing, naturally enough my first port of call was not Q but the 'retail river', which as others have said were a fraction of the price. I purchased, the item is still in the envelope (over a year later), it came in and I have I been 'skimmed', NO, so like anything if you are careful, then these things shouldn't be necessary, however I suppose there is one massive caveat for that, in that I live in as I say a 'backwater', where this kind of 'sophisticated' card crime is not that high (due to the 'intelligence' of the insurgent population)!

The solution as always is look around and spend the littlest needed for what you need. Wonder if Q have listened to previous comments/complaints with regards to the opening up of the case holders, as in the past on previous TSV of this they were comments that the 'wrap' that the case was in was impossible to open and when it was it damaged the case, it seems from what the 'midnight launch' was that it was just in a box and not in a wrap (I suppose that is one solution to the problem!)

:mysmilie_51:
Shockingly expensive, a "solution" to a virtually non-existent threat to most people & preying on people's fears about technology. Please do your research before throwing your money down the drain (you might find that a homemade sleeve of kitchen foil will be just as good, if you're still worried) for a bit of tat to replace your existing, well-loved wallet.

My niece works in a bank and says it is ridiculous and that cards cannot be scanned. I don't know if it is true or not.

i used my normal card in a cashpoint. i literally put my whole body in the machine to type in my pin and i still got scammed. someone tried to use it three times even though i still had my card several miles away. the bank informed me and i had to destroy the card. these people are cleverer than we think

i used my normal card in a cashpoint. i literally put my whole body in the machine to type in my pin and i still got scammed. someone tried to use it three times even though i still had my card several miles away. the bank informed me and i had to destroy the card. these people are cleverer than we think

That's probably nothing to do with RFID though. More likely a reader device installed on the cashpoint. Therefore Q's overpriced card container wouldn't have helped.

That's probably nothing to do with RFID though. More likely a reader device installed on the cashpoint. Therefore Q's overpriced card container wouldn't have helped.

Yes I think it is I refuse to use outdoor cash points or those inside supermarkets. I just use indoor ones at banks or get cash back at the supermarket.

Yes I think it is I refuse to use outdoor cash points or those inside supermarkets. I just use indoor ones at banks or get cash back at the supermarket.
I only use the ones inside the bank now. I have heard stories of problems with cash back in supermarkets (though these are mainly about the cashiers keeping the money)

Also worth remembering that the most you can ever be out of pocket in a card scam, anywhere in Britain or the EU, is £50 and, in practice, banks will usually refund even that. Getting scammed is inconvenient but hardly worth bothering about beyond taking the usual sensible precautions. Whenever I see these hyped-up RFID demonstrations I always think they'd be better saying never go out without a tinfoil hat...

Just watched a demonstration ...the cards stick halfway out of the pockets ....12 card pick up ( or however many cards it holds ) :mysmilie_17: ....if you have problems holding anything ...these are very compact and fiddly ...don't touch them with a barge pole...cards fly everywhere ..

Latest posts

Back