Triple Day 3/3/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I couldn't see a general thread about this sad offering of a themed day (one of many) but I had to double (or triple) check the date today. QVC must be the only retailer in the UK still trying to flog Christmas sets at the full price!

Margaret Dabbs Xmas tree nail polish HERE!

And Sarah Chapman HERE!

Ho Ho flippin' Ho! :mysmilie_849:

Easy pay doesn't generally tempt me to buy something, unless I'd already had my eye on it, because they rarely offer a bargain price + easy pays. On these kind of days Q tends to have full-priced items with sales pitch emphasising the first easy pay amount, glossing over the full price. Triple day is one of those promotions that comes from the parent company, but QVC UK's offering is a pale imitation; we get a hand-picked selection of around 500 items (only 150 on intro or other special pricing) whereas QVC US easy pay promotions apply to every single item - on air, online and clearance.

I must remember to thank QVC on facebook! :mysmilie_508: Don't we all feel special and cherished customers?

I couldn't see a general thread about this sad offering of a themed day (one of many) but I had to double (or triple) check the date today. QVC must be the only retailer in the UK still trying to flog Christmas sets at the full price!

And Sarah Chapman HERE!

Easy pay doesn't generally tempt me to buy something, unless I'd already had my eye on it, because they rarely offer a bargain price + easy pays. On these kind of days Q tends to have full-priced items with sales pitch emphasising the first easy pay amount, glossing over the full price. Triple day is one of those promotions that comes from the parent company, but QVC UK's offering is a pale imitation; we get a hand-picked selection of around 500 items (only 150 on intro or other special pricing) whereas QVC US easy pay promotions apply to every single item - on air, online and clearance.

I must remember to thank QVC on facebook! :mysmilie_508: Don't we all feel special and cherished customers?

Sounds like it's running a close second to their corker of a 'Black Friday' day - having just nearly fallen to my knees in a dead faint at being charged £2.70 for a coffee in Costa (which was £2.40 last year) I am rather feeling the 'rip-off Britain' vibe!

Oh aren't we so spoiled!!
Might have meant something if it had been 3p post & packing, absolute con.

Tarketta, you should have heeded the grave warnings from CHuntley and stayed away from the dreaded High Street, you're lucky to have escaped with your bank balance and your life ! :bandit:

Here's another one - one word BAUBLES!

JOYEUSES My @rse!

:mysmilie_10:

Sounds like it's running a close second to their corker of a 'Black Friday' day - having just nearly fallen to my knees in a dead faint at being charged £2.70 for a coffee in Costa (which was £2.40 last year) I am rather feeling the 'rip-off Britain' vibe!

Some coffee shops also increased prices when the minimum living wage was introduced.

I was wondering what Q would sell without easy pay. Most people wouldn't be able to buy Yong Kim ,Join and LG handbags in the numbers they do without it .

Even the lower priced items on EP can add up to a lot more than you bargained for if you lose track of what's been ordered.

The only person I have heard recently say that EP has to be paid in the end is Carla. This when she was saying it enables you to buy more.

I do use EP occasionally but my purchases don't depend on it.

Some coffee shops also increased prices when the minimum living wage was introduced.

Yes I must admit I did google it when I got to work so next time I save up enough to go to Costa, I'll have a sly word to make sure the poor s*ds are actually being paid the minimum wage!

And Sarah Chapman HERE!

I got a couple of Clarins Christmas gift sets from Superdrug online yesterday!

Mind you, I paid £21 for 3 lip oils that are £19 EACH on the Clarins website, so who cares about Christmas packaging???

Don't remember the last time I thought a QVC purchase was a bargain!

I can't see much enthusiasm for the BM TSV. There used to be pages with peeps getting excited about it. Would they sell many without the easy pays, I doubt it. There was foundation and blush in the last one. Lee, SJ and Chloe on the launch all looked awful on the launch, clothes and make up wise.

I got a couple of Clarins Christmas gift sets from Superdrug online yesterday!

Mind you, I paid £21 for 3 lip oils that are £19 EACH on the Clarins website, so who cares about Christmas packaging???

Don't remember the last time I thought a QVC purchase was a bargain!

Exactly my point -nowhere else would sell last season's Xmas packaged stuff at the full price in March! Well apart from QVC that is!

Agree about Bareminerals, I know QVC stays with the safe (bland) options for TSVs but BM seems to be the world's dullest make up range to me. I can't wear the foundation which may cloud my opinion but there can't be a BM user out there that doesn't already have similar nude/pink shades for eyes, lips and cheeks surely? :yawn:

Leigh and SJ certainly go at it with the buffing. They did my face at the NYNY event years ago (later became the Beauty Bash) and felt I like a kid having their face scrubbed with spit on a hankie!

Whenever I watch QVC at the moment - it just seems to be beauty products.

Sheer curiosity prompted me to browse the triple day offerings... Loads of Christmas items with zero reduction... But my fave was the Marla Wynn sleeveless Illusion Ottoman Duster.... A whopping 24p reduction from the QVC price. This sort of thing makes me give thanks everyday for this forum opening my eyes to this kind of disingenuousness. I don't know how to copy and paste links on my tablet - how I miss that right-click copy and paste. Item number for the curious is 157777.

The BM shows have been a dreadful amalgamation of uninspiring 'nude' offerings.

Have not been inspired to buy anything from the dreadful offerings today. Total waste of time!

I refuse to pay the prices of the coffee house chains when I can get it free at home, mainly because I'm never THAT desperate for a drink when I'm out shopping. Its bad enough paying a fortune for car parking without forking out for a coffee the same price as a jar !

I refuse to pay the prices of the coffee house chains when I can get it free at home, mainly because I'm never THAT desperate for a drink when I'm out shopping. Its bad enough paying a fortune for car parking without forking out for a coffee the same price as a jar !

Pet hate - people walking around shopping with the obligatory coffee take out clamped onto their hand at the same time as they are going through the rails/shelves. When did this affectation take over? Either sit down or wait until you are home. Hate it just hate it - you are not in Friends/Sex in the City no matter how much you think you are.

Triple day is just a way of hiding the high prices. I almost bought the 1l+250ml tea tree wash, but decided not to at the last minute. Just as well, as this morning, on the Beauty Channel, they had a much better value kit of 2x1l. I suspect the 3EP thing was the equivalent of soft focus, making the prices seem less than they really are. I'd have been miffed if I had bought yesterday's offering and then seen this.

Pet hate - people walking around shopping with the obligatory coffee take out clamped onto their hand at the same time as they are going through the rails/shelves. When did this affectation take over? Either sit down or wait until you are home. Hate it just hate it - you are not in Friends/Sex in the City no matter how much you think you are.

And when did shops allow it? They're either flogging stained stuff without a customer noticing or I'm wandering around shops, following people with very unsteady hands! I've bought 4 items from 4 different shops that I've had reduced after pointing out coffee stains - in a few months. I don't mind as the stuff I've bought has been washable, but if I bought a dry clean only item that had been stained, and I hadn't noticed it, I'd be pretty p!ssed off.

I know it's not funny, but I couldn't help one of those mortified/embarrassed laughs when I saw a child running away after pulling a lingerie rail down, bumping into a woman with a coffee in her hand. Cue coffee going everywhere and 2 almighty screams - one from shocked kid, one from outraged coffee carrier. Add to the fray the mother, who obviously didn't care her precious nearly poked his eye out with the lower rail from the lingerie and had left the rails and undies all over the floor for someone to fall over, screaming blue murder at the woman who was demanding a payment for her lost coffee (didn't seem much and obviously wasn't hot), AND a payment for the dry cleaning of her coat, blouse and skirt.

What the hell is wrong with people these days?

Don't forget the mobile phone in the other hand.

Latest posts

Back