TV Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's 100 inch (did I stupidly put the foot symbol, such a fool am I), pull down screen positioned over a front bay window so just looks like a roller blind, only used for special viewings to keep it special.

Alas not HD but DTS yes. Our system is before HD but still a nice system (DD as well of course). We have such a big DVD collection, we haven't upgraded as yet but we would like to one day but till circumstances change, we are happy with what we have.

As I used to work at a great old traditional cinema which had 770 seats in screen 1 and ran to full audiences as well as 70mm sometimes, it's the closest I get to it now days. And can I proudly boast the first female projectionist in the UK in the company.

Last edited:
Alas not HD but DTS yes. Our system is before HD but still a nice system (DD as well of course). We have such a big DVD collection, we haven't upgraded as yet but we would like to one day but till circumstances change, we are happy with what we have.

As I used to work at a great old traditional cinema which had 770 seats in screen 1 and ran to full audiences as well as 70mm sometimes, it's the closest I get to it now days. And can I proudly boast the first female projectionist in the UK in the company.

Would love to hear any of your projection stories one day! (sorry for going o/t) I think it is crazy they don't have projectionists where they have digital playout instead. I have been to children's films where the trailers are so loud it nearly made my ears bleed. Others where they are showing a 2.39:1 films on a 16:9 screen so looked the same as TV and vise-versa. All would have been picked up with a projectionist. I also can't stand some multiplex cinemas where the smallest theatre is so small when they change to 2.39:1 they have to make the screen narrower top and bottom instead of left to right widening. Yeap I would have loved to have been a projectionist!

You may not have HD sound but you do have 7.1 which must rock. I have to say I got a free cinema sound kit with the TV and I thought that HD wouldn't be that much difference but boy was I wrong, the bass is better than my local cinema :p

PJ

I thought that the TV was fabulous. I would have bought it myself had I been in the UK at the time. Sad that I check out the TV each day even when I am not there to buy! Great product and good price with the best Customer Service on the planet. Well done QVC

Latest posts

Back