TV Prices

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I bought my first samsung lcd large screen tv from the Q, many years ago. Paid approx £550 for it. I'm in themarket for a new tv atm but, although I do find the Q's mbg, and customer service should any fault arise, comforting, I shall not be purchasing from QVC as their prices for tv sets are higher than any other outlet in the country, before adding postage. Also, they don't bring to air what the majority of shoppers want. The tsv, for example, is a plasma, not the most popular type, and 60", when most people go for 42"-50".

I always wonder if Qvc get the best price on Tvs that the companies know they will struggle to sell in shops, if ur browsing in a shop id imagine alot of people would head for a smaller size than 60in so they offer them to Q at a lower price than retail to shift them. I have a 40in tv lcd and very happy with

Frankly anyone who spends a £1000 on a tv needs to take a look at themselves as for qvc they should be looking at products the majority of people can afford a more modest size tv is what most people would be looking at not a monster and i still maintain the vast majority of people have no use for smart tvs .

Most guys wouldnt want a tv thats smarter than them :smirk: :mysmilie_510:

lol I don't want a TV that's smarter than anyone. I can't even work out the basic ones these days. I just want a medium sized, slimmish TV that I just have to switch on to watch a TV show. I don't want to look at photos or email from it. Just TV shows please.

Frankly anyone who spends a £1000 on a tv needs to take a look at themselves as for qvc they should be looking at products the majority of people can afford a more modest size tv is what most people would be looking at not a monster and i still maintain the vast majority of people have no use for smart tvs .

But surely it is up to the indivdual how much they spend on their TV? Some people smoke that away in a month or drink it. Least a good TV is an investment.

(BTW I didn't spend that much on mine, well nearly that but that was including a 3D blurray player and surround sound :p)

PJ

Just looked and it uses only 34w more than an equivalent LED one 101w vs 135v , so seems Samsung have done quite well cutting power consumption, to put that into perspective my old 42" Plasma ran at 190w and my new LED 46" runs at 70w

I have had 2 x 28 inch crt TV's for nerly 2 decades. last xmas I went ballistic and bought a 47inch,3d,hd smart tv with a free bluray palyer,avatar and titanic films thrown in and 2 pairs of active 3d glasses thrown in for £1000 from my mail order catalogue. I cannot tell you how magninicent it is to watch in hd and blueray. totally fantastic. plus we watch films for free from the internet. its just out of this world. mine is not a plasma but I wish it was. the picture quality from plasma cannot be beaten.
I have always hated big screen TV's but I know believe the bigger the better. I am a total convert.

£1000 is a crazy amount to spend on a tv imvho but each to their own .

Most people spend something that another person wouldn't spend that on a product though. Some spend that on a couple of rings or twice that on a cruise or some gamble that a year or less. Think it is a bit unfair to call someone crazy for the products they buy IMHO.

PJ

I don't think it unfair at all in today's climate but as i said each to there own.

You could always get a 4k tv which is the same resolution as modern cinemas and 4x HD. Yours for only a few hundred grand! I do take your point but my tv will last me a long long time and gives me a great amount of pleasure. I don't go on holiday abroad, drink or smoke. I have no wife or children but I know everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

PJ i have a 42inch plasma and its terrific but i guess if i had a few grand spare (i wish) i might be tempted we are all weak when we want something.

We have a 100" screen with projector with home cinema 7.1 sound in our home which he have paid a fair bit for a few years ago but then me and the hubby are ex cinema people (I was the projectionist, him a manager :heart:) and neither of us drink or smoke and are total film addicts!

Bit of a film fan myself hence the 42inch plasma small beer compared to a 100inch screen, though must be superb to watch, dear god you must have a big wall for your screen.

Latest posts

Back