tweets/texts/calls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tristarMk11

Registered Shopper
They go mad for the whole thing. I joined twitter primarily because I was sick of hearing the presenters going on and thought if I wanted to be in the family, better learn to tweet but I have yet to have a single tweet/question/comment read out and I have been as complimentary as I can. Whats the point in promoting it if they don't acknowledge the tweets. One thing I have noticed is that the same names get read out though.

They go mad for the whole thing. I joined twitter primarily because I was sick of hearing the presenters going on and thought if I wanted to be in the family, better learn to tweet but I have yet to have a single tweet/question/comment read out and I have been as complimentary as I can. Whats the point in promoting it if they don't acknowledge the tweets. One thing I have noticed is that the same names get read out though.

They probably get loads through though. Have you tweeted Catherine Huntley? She seems pretty good at answering tweets. Might not get mentioned on air but you may still get a reply. Are you following all the presenters?

Will definitely add Catherine, she is lovely. would be nice if some of them acknowledged the shoppers and viewers who keep them in their gainful employment.

I think this whole reading out tweets thing is so pointless and boring. I'm sorry but I could not care less what someone has to say on twitter about an item or to a presenter, it isn't like reading here or reading reviews because they can decide what they read out. Most of it isn't even about the product, it is just meaningless banter that the majority of viewers have no link to. The only reason I can think for why they do it is to encourage people to boost their social media presence as a general marketing tactic (not because of any direct benefit to reading them out on air), or as a pretence of interactivity (when they can only ever be acknowledging a tiny percentage of viewers). But then, I don't tweet, so I don't get the whole phenomenon.

Having said that, if they are determined to persist with it then I hope yours gets read out Tristar! You're right, they should reward regular correspondents.

I cant seen me bothering. They seem to almost plead for tweets but truth is unless they know that viewer as a creppey creepy I wont say anything ever wrong about qvc type, you don't get read out.

It's like the phone calls they used to encourage yet the only people who ever got through were the sad sounding old biddies who had no life other than the Q.

Charlie really annoyed me the other day during the Yankee candle show when he annouced his daughter had tweeted him "hi dad" and then he tweeted her back live on air , it was rude to the guest and rude to us watching , it had nothing to do with the show at all.

Charlie really annoyed me the other day during the Yankee candle show when he annouced his daughter had tweeted him "hi dad" and then he tweeted her back live on air , it was rude to the guest and rude to us watching , it had nothing to do with the show at all.

I can belive that, he is always going on about the ****** daughter, the one is it who he bought a AAA Tanzanite jewellery for when she was about 21 months old more like he bought it so he can secretly wear it when he goes to the IOW.

I like Dale, but he is also mentioning daughter a lot, today in Diamond show saying she might get a Diamond bracelet nearly £300 if she did very well in her GCSEs! nice to know the recession is biting deep!

Its getting out of hand. Chatting to your daughter while live on air, concentrate on the product, family life should be in your own time!

I like Dale, but he is also mentioning daughter a lot, today in Diamond show saying she might get a Diamond bracelet nearly £300 if she did very well in her GCSEs! nice to know the recession is biting deep!

An important rule as a parent. Never promise gifts if they do well at exams. Not only is it piling on the pressure but what happens if they don't do well? That's not the way to get teenagers to study in my opinion.

Sons and Daughters?

There are always plenty of references to their daughters from QVC presenters but Dale, Catherine and Charlie also have sons who rarely get a mention.

Jude xx

There are always plenty of references to their daughters from QVC presenters but Dale, Catherine and Charlie also have sons who rarely get a mention.

Jude xx

Iv noticed this too. With Dale and Charlie seems their daughters are the favourites and also I can seen them being the type of dad who spoils their little girl rotten, believeing she can do no wrong either. I have one sister and she always complains that I was my dads favourite, there is no disputing it, I don't suppose.

I think tweeting or texting your daughter in middle of a presentation or qvc show is bad form, I hope the producers take a firm line on this, otherwise they will al take the liberty.

the only bit of a diamond show i saw, they were showing something that was over £1000 and the guest referred to it as "left over money" "after you've paid your bills". no idea who she thinks her target audience is.

Who would buy such expensive stuff from a shopping channel? It would be so lovely to go to an impressive jewellers and try on all the bling before making your selection.

Latest posts

Back