Ultrasun

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Evie

Registered Shopper
:sun:I am thinking of trying Ultrasun for the first time and would love to hear from others who have used this range of products. I particularly would like to know if their SPF 50+ can be used on the face. Since I have dry skin would I need to use a moisturiser on top?:sun:

:sun:I am thinking of trying Ultrasun for the first time and would love to hear from others who have used this range of products. I particularly would like to know if their SPF 50+ can be used on the face. Since I have dry skin would I need to use a moisturiser on top?:sun:

I found Ultrasun really good. Husband & I did Disneyworld in Florida wearing SPF 20. Temps in the high eighties & did not burn at all. Haven't tried their SPF 50. I also find P20 really good but La Q don't sell it any more. Best time to buy that is at the airport as cheaper than on the high street.

I have very fair sensitive skin and use the ultrasun SPF 30 especially for the face. The body one really stings the eyes if you happen to sweat. :headbang:

Ultrasun did nothing for me (pale, redhead, burn easily) but my husband LOVES the sports version (light liquid version) coz it soaks in quickly and doesn't make his arm hair go all icky. If it's a really hot day i make him reapply but generally he can just apply it once and he's good to go.

Ive used to 20 sports gel and it works. its definitely better for men for reasons above. its got alcohol in it, as it seems to dry on you rather than absorb. its pretty much the same as P20

ive also used the 30 face one, not the one with anti-ageing, just the normal. i found it hard to rub in so ended up using the sports gel on my face too. yes i put ALCOHOL on my face and i am still alive. someone ring alison young!

couple of points

1. it does stain white clothes i dont care what they say on TV

2. it works by chemically bonding with the keratin in your skin. it cant do this properly if there's a film of grease on your skin when you apply it. there was a massive thread about this last summer because AY said you could put in on top of all your usual skincare and more or less bullied the guest into agreeing with her. quelle surprise. it says very clearly on the pack "apply to clean dry skin" and a face with a load of gunk on it its neither clean, or dry. be warned and dont expect it to protect you as efficiently if youre stopping it from working as its designed to.

I have very fair sensitive skin and use the ultrasun SPF 30 especially for the face. The body one really stings the eyes if you happen to sweat. :headbang:

Me too, and I didn't moisturise first as I found the suncream rich enough on it's own (but was absorbed quite easily).

I have Rosecea and have to wear suncream everyday.I love Ultrasun and now don't bother using anything else (although,as I did not have holiday last year - I'm yet to try it in "real" heat) I do however buy it from my local independent chemist,as they have better value,bigger sizes.

Me too, and I didn't moisturise first as I found the suncream rich enough on it's own (but was absorbed quite easily).
It stung my eyes too - the body one from a set, I put it on my face because presenter said you can use it on the face. I tried twice - stung every time and my eyes teary all day. Same for sport spf 20

I used the 50 in Malayasia last year and I got a tan and I am very fair with a tendency to burn.

Thank you to everyone who shared their experience of this product. I have just ordered the Ultrasun Face SPF 30 Duo. Looking forward to trying it out.

Latest posts

Back