Used Goods

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

archie1

Registered Shopper
Hi all

Although I know that there have been many threads started on this subject, I thought it would be useful to keep it in mind when buying goods from QVC. Yesterday I received the previous Elemis TSV that I had on waitlist. When I opened it I found the tub of Pro Collagen Marine Cream was virtually empty and the toner was only two thirds full (with a missing cap). No one could have made mistake of thinking that the toner was unused as the liquid could be clearly seen through the bottle.

I phoned CS and the lady expressed surprise that such a thing could have happened. I was asked to parcel everything up and that a courier would come to pick it up and that I would be given a full refund.

I know from reading this forum for a long time that this is not a rare occurrence. It seems that QVC are just ignoring the complaints of customers and have done nothing to change their systems in order eliminate this situation from happening.

Welcome Archie1! I have to say, of all the posts I've read on this subject, yours is absolutely shocking! I am lost for words. How on earth did that slip the net? Unbelievable.

I thought by law topical products (eg skincare, cosmetics) couldn't be re-sold if they've been opened?

How in heavens name did QVC expect to pass off this used and returned item to you without first checking if it's suitable to be re issued? QVC - you should be ashamed!!

Welcome Archie, what i would do is any of the products that havent been touched , use them until the parcel gets picked , Call it payback for being messed about and also make sure you ask for your P&P to be refunded when you eventually get an "Unopened" set

Welcome Archie, what i would do is any of the products that havent been touched , use them until the parcel gets picked , Call it payback for being messed about and also make sure you ask for your P&P to be refunded when you eventually get an "Unopened" set

Thanks for the suggestion Autumn. I am tempted! I am still upset about the matter and feel that I need to get some form of written explanation/ apology. If it stays with the CS team, nothing will change.

Welcome Archie1. What a disgraceful story! I think you should wait until you get your refund and then write to the CEO asking for his views, especially on how they broke the law by sending you used beauty products!!! A little mention of trading standards wouldn't go amiss, lol.

This just goes to show that Q have absolutely no interest in their customers IMHO.

PS The other shocking part of your story is that you actually received something you had on wait list. I put no faith in that having never received anything myself!!!!!!!

Last edited:
A little post on FB perhaps?

Confirms what we already suspect, there are NO quality control checks/returns checks.

And yes - what about those earrings !

BTW, sorry Archie should have welcomed you before venting!

Yes, welcome Archie, and I'm shocked by this - again. I wonder if one of any of the consumer programmes would be interested?
:mysmilie_50:

Welcome Archie1, you've really got me thinking now, I ordered another Decleor set after it was still being shown on offer.

The first set arrived and was obviously untouched, however the second set came and the paper packaging was all crumpled, the Decleor presentation box battered and by the tab on the lid of the box had been opened. The products looked OK and I checked the nozzle on the body lotion, it was clean inside, but I didn't want to open the jars to check because it would reduce their shelf life, there is also an eye product in there, if somebody has used that, who knows what sort of eye infections you could get...doesn't bear thinking about yuk! :puke:

Its really naughty of them to do that, especially with beauty products, because if opened and returned, the shelf life has already been reduced, plus you are paying a premium price for used goods...not sure what to do now, do I open the jars to check? :confused:

They really should put the items in their outlet stores and let people decide if they want to buy used beauty products or not, getting quite angry now!!!

Welcome! :D

Absolutely shocking but it seems QVC really have little or no care when it comes to returns. They don't even want to know why you're returning an item any more! They might have done their bit and arranged collection and refund, but, if it was me, I'd also raise a complaint to Trading Standards. If they're left to themselves it'll only happen again and just imagine if a product like this ended up being received by someone who is parhaps partially sighted or otherwise unable to tell if they've been opened already. IMO, all cosmetic products should have a very obvious seal so that customers can tell right away if anyone has opened them. Prai does this well but the more expensive brands don't seem to bother for some reason. I also agree with the previous comment that a mention on FB is in order. They've been getting away with this practice for too long now.

That is simply awful. If I were you, I would complain to the CEO and threaten to take further action if it not dealt with to your satisfaction. They should send you a FREE set plus a complete refund. The email is [email protected] Good luck.

That is really bad. I doubt they actually check every product returned and only cherry pick a few.

Earrings, I doubt anyone has picked up anything from them. Easy to see if they are crusty and only if you have open wounds yourself on the ear a problem.

I have said this before, I remember the days when you could try on earrings in stores without a problem. It was only when AIDS hit the news suddenly everyone and was freaking out about it. No way could you catch AIDS from earrings.

If that had happened to me, I'd have taken a photo of it and plastered it on as many websites as possible, including FB etc.

That is really bad. I doubt they actually check every product returned and only cherry pick a few.

Earrings, I doubt anyone has picked up anything from them. Easy to see if they are crusty and only if you have open wounds yourself on the ear a problem.

I have said this before, I remember the days when you could try on earrings in stores without a problem. It was only when AIDS hit the news suddenly everyone and was freaking out about it. No way could you catch AIDS from earrings.

Ah but would you take the chance for the sake of a pair of Eekk at 20 quid - not me!

If that had happened to me, I'd have taken a photo of it and plastered it on as many websites as possible, including FB etc.

That would be my first port of call - then I would contact the CEO, trading standards and uncle Tom Cobly and all.

CEO etc can palm you off with all sorts of things and then it is too late to expose them as they are "looking into it".

I took Baloo's advice and emailed the CEO with the link given . I have just received a phone call in response. The gentleman was very apologetic and assured me that my complaint would be investigated thoroughly. He emphasised that there are systems in place to prevent this from happening. He recognised the seriousness of used cosmetics being received by customers. My account is to be credited with £20 by way of an apology for the inconvenience. This is fine but it was the principle that concerned me. Hopefully things will be tightened up. (ever the optimist!)

Thank you for those of you who encouraged me to take it further than CS.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back