Warrington Outlet New Trolley Policy....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

People make comments like that because they're too stupid to think.

Reminds me of my best pal job hunting after he left uni. He's partially sighted, and always told the truth on app forms etc. he applied for a job as a receptionist/switchboard operator for some tin-pot company and got a phone interview with some old bag who clearly hadn't read his form properly. When the subject of "do you have any disabilities" came up and he told her she said "so how do you think you're going to work the switchboard if you're blind?".

This happened loads. The discrimination and ignorance he came up against staggered me. And the way he shook himself down and carried on despite the extra challenges was and still is an inspiration to me. I'm pleased to report that he's doing very nicely nowadays, with an amazing job travelling the world which uses all of his considerable skills.

I hope the old bag is still looking for someone with 20/20 vision to work her shitty switchboard.

Reminds me of when I went with blind friend for his son's new school look around with the headmistress After a 15 minute guided tour where I or the son were leading him, he with white stick asks the headmistress whether the prospectus (that she kept referring to) came as audio tape or in braille. Oh, sorry no says she, but we do have in it large print if that will help you!!!

On a similar note though...

People do amaze me in shops when I have asked for where something is and they go charging off....me way behind saying loudly....hang on, I can't go that fast!!! I have a purple flowery stick, I always thought it was a big giveaway not a fashion accessory!!!

Back to Warrington, I think it is more the attitude of the manager and staff.....don't lets sort out the store layout so that everyone can continue to use trollies and spend vast amounts....no the trollies are the problem...period (as they say in the US). Lump it or leave it.

Latest posts

Back