Weekend deliveries

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
Until my last 2 items I've never had a weekend delivery from QVC.

If I had tracking from Hermes on a Friday to say it was on its way, it would never arrive until the Monday.

But I recently had a delivery on a Saturday, and on Sunday I was supposed to have a delivery as it was at my local depot and would be delivered by 2pm. This was altered at the last minute as I think the courier couldn't fit it into her car (it was a shovel).

Anyway, is weekend delivery a new thing to try and make QVC slightly more competitive?

Have others had weekend deliveries recently when they didn't in the past?

Always for years had Saturday morning Hermes deliveries
Recently had Sunday Argos Hermes deliveries (Sunday deliveries booked with order)

Until my last 2 items I've never had a weekend delivery from QVC.

If I had tracking from Hermes on a Friday to say it was on its way, it would never arrive until the Monday.

But I recently had a delivery on a Saturday, and on Sunday I was supposed to have a delivery as it was at my local depot and would be delivered by 2pm. This was altered at the last minute as I think the courier couldn't fit it into her car (it was a shovel).

Anyway, is weekend delivery a new thing to try and make QVC slightly more competitive?

Have others had weekend deliveries recently when they didn't in the past?
It is not up to QVC it is dependent on Hermes and what days their courier in your area opts to work.

My local Hermes depot delivers Mon - Sat. I have 2 different couriers as the one only works Fri + Sat.

Hermes are a delivery company. They don't just deliver QVC parcels. They appear to have a contract with them but don't think it matters who they're delivering for. More likely it's due to an increase in online shopping due to covid and the sheer volume of deliveries.

It is not up to QVC it is dependent on Hermes and what days their courier in your area opts to work.
How does the 3-5 working days guarantee stand up to the couriers schedule! Shouldn’t Q add “dependent on the courier in your area” or “we aim to deliver............”?

Hermes are a delivery company. They don't just deliver QVC parcels. They appear to have a contract with them but don't think it matters who they're delivering for. More likely it's due to an increase in online shopping due to covid and the sheer volume of deliveries.
How does the 3-5 working days guarantee stand up to the couriers schedule! Shouldn’t Q add “dependent on the courier in your area” or “we aim to deliver............”?
I've always understood that Q's contract with Hermes was the cheapest that they could get, and specifically EXCLUDED weekend deliveries.

Otherwise, perhaps I have just been unlucky in NEVER having had a weekend delivery in TWENTY YEARS until now, I've always had to wait until Monday even when it was "on its way".

That's what I thought the 3 to 5 WORKING days meant.

For many years I never got a weekend delivery. Now I quite often (but not always) get a Saturday delivery. I very occasionally get a Sunday delivery. So it must just depend on courier availability at the local depot imho.

I've always understood that Q's contract with Hermes was the cheapest that they could get, and specifically EXCLUDED weekend deliveries.

Otherwise, perhaps I have just been unlucky in NEVER having had a weekend delivery in TWENTY YEARS until now, I've always had to wait until Monday even when it was "on its way".

That's what I thought the 3 to 5 WORKING days meant.
I do think delivery times have changed a lot in the past year. Rarely, in the past, did anything arrive within a day or so. Maybe the odd TSV would. I just don't know if it's down to Q or Hermes. Maybe a bit of both. Do think it's in part due to the increased competition for online sales. A reason I'd order with Amazon Prime was next day delivery. Saying that, they no longer always guarantee Prime next day on every order

I do think delivery times have changed a lot in the past year. Rarely, in the past, did anything arrive within a day or so. Maybe the odd TSV would. I just don't know if it's down to Q or Hermes. Maybe a bit of both. Do think it's in part due to the increased competition for online sales. A reason I'd order with Amazon Prime was next day delivery. Saying that, they no longer always guarantee Prime next day on every order
I'm not a fan of Hermes although the couriers are very nice. I used to get weekend deliveries but over the past month or so I haven't had a weekend delivery from Hermes even though I have had an email stating that parcels will arrive within a time slot on a Saturday. The first was a nominated day delivery from M&S, it just didn't arrive, there was no update on tracking on Hermes or M&S website, it just appeared on Monday afternoon. I got a refund of my delivery charge and a gift voucher from M&S. The second was a TSV delivery, again email stated would arrive on Saturday with a time slot, revised to a later time then nothing, until an email on Monday with two different time slots before it arrived. I have a subscribe and save with Amazon Prime, it normally comes by Royal Mail, but I got an email on Saturday to say it would arrive via Hermes by 10pm, nothing, no update on Amazon and Hermes websites. On Monday it stated if it didn't arrive in 2 days I could get a refund. Yesterday, I got an email to say it would arrive between 8 am and 10 am, I don't usually get deliveries from Hermes that early, but it arrived just after the time slot!

I remember when 1st and 2nd class stamps were introduced as I was working on the machine to distinguish them.

The system was that 2nd class stamps had an almost invisible phosphor stripe, and the 1st had 2 stripes. Inside the machine there was a UV light that made the stamps glow so they could be separated.

The hype was that 1st class would arrive earlier, but it was just a scam to get more money.

What actually happened was the 2nd class were just delayed for a day, although they could have all been delivered on the same day.

I thought Hermes delayed QVC deliveries over the weekend because they hadn't paid for weekend deliveries, just like 2nd class letters were deliberately delayed.

Last edited:
I remember when 1st and 2nd class stamps were introduced as I was working on the machine to distinguish them.

The system was that 2nd class stamps had an almost invisible phosphor stripe, and the 1st had 2 stripes. Inside the machine there was a UV light that made the stamps glow so they could be separated.

The hype was that 1st class would arrive earlier, but it was just a scam to get more money.

What actually happened was the 2nd class were just delayed for a day, although they could have all been delivered on the same day.

I thought Hermes delayed QVC deliveries over the weekend because they hadn't paid for weekend deliveries, just like 2nd class letters were deliberately delayed.
I have to defend Royal Mail, they are not deliberately delayed, it's just that first class has priority. Just as special delivery items have priority over first class. It depends how busy they are as to how quickly that particular office gets to the 2nd class items, they may go out at the same time as first class some days. I think it is a great service.

I have to defend Royal Mail, they are not deliberately delayed, it's just that first class has priority. Just as special delivery items have priority over first class. It depends how busy they are as to how quickly that particular office gets to the 2nd class items, they may go out at the same time as first class some days. I think it is a great service.
OK, but they do delay 2nd class until they have dealt with all the 1st class, but not necessarily for a day.

And it was about 50 years ago when they were introduced.

Latest posts

Back