What did you like at QVC and where are you buying now?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have one of those upright chicken cooking contraptions - think I bought it from a Bettaware catalogue.
It cooks chickens beautifully, but' if it's a big one have to take the top shelf of oven out, so somewhat reduces the space required to cook some of the stuff you want to go with it.

Yes its coming back to me now, it took up a lot of room in the oven lol. Im wondering now did I buy mine from Q or Betterware as a girl I worked with done Betterware & I bought loads off her at the time.

I remember the upright chicken cooker thingy - I found it recently when I was clearing out some old rubbish from the utility room. It has never been used, even had instructions stuck inside it!

I used to do same as many - stay up and get quite excited to see new TSV.

I have found this forum better than any therapy to reduce my spending! I watch carefully what I buy, mostly due to reading the posts here and realising they were salesmen and women. I also got quite annoyed when I realised there were people being invited (sometimes many times!) to events at QVC and getting amazing goody bags, I've never been invited to anything.:mysmilie_478: Ok I did get a Christmas card from them one year - whoopee! It also annoys me when they read out rave reviews of products from people on their "Customer Review Panels" - who are these people? why are they getting items free when I'm having to pay for them? no wonder they give things good reviews - they were freebies!

Rant over - I'll go back into my box. Doing the 5:2 diet and today is a "2". It's supposed to be good for the blood pressure......

AAAH the 5:2 diet. I read the book on the bus to work a month or so ago but haven't quite plucked up the resolve to take one of the 2 days yet. In the meantime I've probably put on a few pounds. Perhaps a weekend is not the best time to start - excuses, excuses...

It just struck me that QVC could sell a diet chef version of the 5:2 diet - the 2 days bit anyway because you're supposed to be able to eat what you like on the other 5. We will send you all you need for your 2 days for a whole month in one box to your door. So here's a box of individually wrapped 10x daily portions of oat biscuits and 10x sloppy soups for the bargain price of £100 plus £10 p&p.

Hey Latchi, I think you and I are PolarCuzzins :heart: Further to my post #39, if you do order anything from NailCareClub, ask if they have any freebies. They sent me an extra nail polish for each order I placed. I 'phoned and asked if it was a mistake and someone else was short a NailPolish, but ManOnThe'Phone said, "No, when you place an order, ask if there are any freebies." So, I'm passing it on to you. First polish was a shimmering red and second was a Zoya white/shimmery that I will use for FrenchTips. :mysmilie_479: Good to Know x Snarly

Hey Latchi, I think you and I are PolarCuzzins :heart: Further to my post #39, if you do order anything from NailCareClub, ask if they have any freebies. They sent me an extra nail polish for each order I placed. I 'phoned and asked if it was a mistake and someone else was short a NailPolish, but ManOnThe'Phone said, "No, when you place an order, ask if there are any freebies." So, I'm passing it on to you. First polish was a shimmering red and second was a Zoya white/shimmery that I will use for FrenchTips. :mysmilie_479: Good to Know x Snarly
Haha! Maybe we are! ;)

Latchi, I still have my Canuck accent :heart: Thanks to your recommendations y'all, I've ordered a Buckwheat Pillow. ThankYouKindly. x :mysmilie_504: SnoozeALotSnarly

I've been shopping at QVC for around 15 years. Used to buy loads of jewellery, lots of household items, a fair bit of Liz Earle. I used to make purchases every other week. Then I went through a phase of a couple of years where I didn't buy anything at all.
Now I tend to buy mostly Laura Geller, Decleor, Gatineau and the odd bit of jewellery. I've never bought any fashion but have one or two Kipling bags. I did also purchase some Christmas gifts last year :wink:

I dont buy anything from the shopping channels, if there's nothing interesting on telly I flick round the shopping channels they can be very entertaining the way some of the presenters carry on and some of the comments they make when trying to flog stuff can be hilarious at times

The Elemis Christmas TSV's usually can't be beaten. Yes I know we were all practiaclly comatosed by the umpteen presentations for the last one but they were excellent buys none the less.
I used to buy Decleor from Q but now buy from Ebay or cheapsmells.com as prices are so much cheaper! Also Ebay sometimes does HUGE sizes of Decleor for little more than the Q price for about a third of the size.
Used to buy Revitalash from Q too but can't really justify the price so checking out cheaper alternatives b4 my current tube runs out.
Lulu Guinness bags are a fraction of Q's prices if you buy them in the sales! My recent Franka black patent bag, absolutley gorg! Jet high glossy black, beautiful 50's inspired design & practical. £317 plus p&p on Q still, £129 plus a fiver p&p from Cocosa a month or so back. Had to wait a few weeks but so worth it for the saving! :wink:
I buy Judith Williams serum from her site direct now as free p&p for orders of £35 or more, love "Saint Judith of Williams" serum! Since discovering it, the woman can do no wrong in my eyes. Takes about a month to see visible results which I like as it means that it isn't inflaming my skin by puffing it out unlike other brands.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember the boxes of 'slimming bars' QVC used to sell years ago? I'm racking my brain but can't remember what they were called - I bought a couple of boxes...then gave up as they didn't seem to make any difference to me, just reduced my bank account! lol

Hiya Flamenco :wave: I liked ProStrong but the last 2 months, my nails are the longest/strongest ever. My thumbnails extend a good 1/4" now and they always broke at the sides. Last 2 months-Boots Nail supplement -NailEat/Drink (NailCareClub) both recommendations from YouLovelies. Brush on NE for 3 weeks then switch to ND. The first day of ND I got 3! bits broken off so back to NE only. Love it so much, I re-ordered duo of NE this week. For the last week, I switched to QticaNaturalNailGrowthStimulator and it works! Also QticaCuticleBalm. The NE worked so well that I ordered the other products from the same company. Got me hooked. lol Index finger has slight peeling and is shorter but other 9 are fab! And it's thanks to y'all. :heart: SnarlyDoesListen [sometimes!]

Waving back to da Snarly! Thanks for the advice. OffToBootsIGo

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

Does anyone remember the boxes of 'slimming bars' QVC used to sell years ago? I'm racking my brain but can't remember what they were called - I bought a couple of boxes...then gave up as they didn't seem to make any difference to me, just reduced my bank account! lol

Brite Bites??

Another fan on Boots Hair Skin and Nails vitamins. I take a bundle of drugs every day, one of which really dries out my hair, skin and nails. The vitamin supplement really makes a difference and was recommended by my GP to counter the effect of the drugs. The effects show most dramatically in my nails whether its bad because I've forgotten to them for a few days or good because I have been taking them.

My natural nails are talonesque and if I keep taking the supplements I can keep them as long as I want them.

I had one of those too Nora! I got that way back at the beginning of Q. Mine had a little rack inside it. Also around the same time I bought one of those contraptions that cooked the chicken upright.

ooh, I remember that chicken thingy. The guest presenter used to 'carve' the cooked chicken with a carrot to demonstrate how tender and juicy the chicken was :sun:

Another fan on Boots Hair Skin and Nails vitamins. I take a bundle of drugs every day, one of which really dries out my hair, skin and nails. The vitamin supplement really makes a difference and was recommended by my GP to counter the effect of the drugs. The effects show most dramatically in my nails whether its bad because I've forgotten to them for a few days or good because I have been taking them.

My natural nails are talonesque and if I keep taking the supplements I can keep them as long as I want them.

oh no, I can't have them, they have beef gelatin in the capsule shell :sad:

I'd forgotten about Nail Eat and Drink...did wonders for my nails, but then went off QVC so switched to OPI which promptly destroyed my nails. Pro-strong was ok, but the varnishes didn't like to stay on me despite all the under and over coats. Moved onto Leighton Denny and Nails Inc. Think I going to try NE&D again, and some got a wedding to go to in two weeks and the nails are rubbish at present. The FMS is bad, so having more pain meds and eating wrong again...

I still use NN only on my beds, loved my down topped mattress topper but as with all good things it eventually died, much to OH relief of making the bed each night!!! Now I usually buy NN as wedding gifts, albeit from Warrington!!

Was introduced to Molton Brown...still use the toner, Judith Williams which has replaced all other skin care products....Aveda which was replaced by Ojon.... still buy computer stuff and electronics, on the simple fact of sending back if I really don't want, like it!!

Dawn Bibby introduced me to crafting, which has filled the house and emptied the bank account, but has allowed me to meet some fantastic new friends.

And of course without QVC I would never have discovered the Forum and met everyone here.....

oh no, I can't have them, they have beef gelatin in the capsule shell :sad:

Oh sorry Dolly. I must remember that they're not suitable for vegetarians. There must be a supplement that would be suitable though. I've only tried the Boots one but I'm sure others would be equally good.

Brite Bites??

I'm sure there was something dodgy about them, maybe that they made false claims about how they would help you lose weight?

I'm another proud owner of an unused chicken cooking device, not from QVC though.

Has anyone else got a Whirley Pop popcorn pan?

Spanek is the name of the ChickenGizmo. :confused: DollyDimple, Boots sell Perfectil® in 3 forms which look vegetarian. Thinking 3for2. One formula contains soya, which I need to avoid 'cause of my low thyroid/meds. lol x ScrimperSnarly

Latest posts

Back