What does she look like ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I rarely comment on the style and appearance of the presenters, with the exception of Sara G's eyebrows and Simon Biagi's chest hair.

I've now got a third exception - Debbie Flint in those leggings. Her legs are too short and chunky for them and if she thinks wearing clumpy wedge shoes help elongate her legs to streamline her look she's very much mistaken. The white leggings are even worse and remind me of the winter long-johns my grandad used to wear.

She's a pretty woman with lovely hair and a normal middle-age figure but she just needs to find a style of clothes to suit her. She's in a better position than most of us, access to dozens of ranges of clothes, designers and stylists so she has no excuse. I know some of the other presenters don't always look particularly stylish but DF always misses the mark somehow.

I confess to liking Debbie and I'm fascinated by her selling methods !

I was thinking similar thoughts about Jill F, dressed from head to toe in black, perhaps the last person on Earth who needs to wear a slimming colour. Standing near to the large American lady, she looks like a stick of liquorice snack for the guest ambassador.

I rarely comment on the style and appearance of the presenters, with the exception of Sara G's eyebrows and Simon Biagi's chest hair.

I've now got a third exception - Debbie Flint in those leggings. Her legs are too short and chunky for them and if she thinks wearing clumpy wedge shoes help elongate her legs to streamline her look she's very much mistaken. The white leggings are even worse and remind me of the winter long-johns my grandad used to wear.

She's a pretty woman with lovely hair and a normal middle-age figure but she just needs to find a style of clothes to suit her. She's in a better position than most of us, access to dozens of ranges of clothes, designers and stylists so she has no excuse. I know some of the other presenters don't always look particularly stylish but DF always misses the mark somehow.

I confess to liking Debbie and I'm fascinated by her selling methods !

I was moved by the awfulness of her outfit this evening to post on the Autumn Fashion thread. I've seen her on many hours looking utterly dreadful. Even if Debbie insists on always wearing QVC fashion, there are outfits she could wear and look so much better. I want to get that HR zapper out and zap her silly for the way she dresses herself to go on air.

She has absolutely no eye for colour or fashion, and the combinations she puts together make Ali Young look like she's channelling Gok Wan (and that's saying something). I wish she'd wear trouser, or a nice dress instead of the perennial leggings and tunic ensembles. And one of the QVC team would be performing a public service if they would only "liberate" every pair of white peep-toe wedges from wherever Debbie stashes them ... and burn the blinking lot! She could do with being told the truth - she looks like a female version of Max Wall virtually every time she appears on QVC these days!

My thing is hair- Jackie Kabler's dreadful peroxide white.
Kathy Tayler's -like straws in a muck cart.
Jilly and Jill-limp and lifeless.
Claire-yellow and wig like.
Ali Young- too bleached, black parting.

Surely with all the products they can present themselves better than they do.

I think the person who takes the prize for having the most out-of-condition, out-of-control hair on QVC has to be Sara Griffiths. She's lucky, in that she appears to have a lot of it... but I think it needs to be wrapped up with an entire litre of elasticiser for about a week at a time. It's crying out for some TLC... but sadly, as with everyone else, she's too busy talking and interrupting to listen.

OOoooo elasticiser, she could've had mine ! I bought a bucketful in the Monthly Beauty Buy, but my hair felt like straw after using it, so I gave it another go - still the same, so I binned it. I don't want to think about the money I wasted. I bought on the vouch of others that said it was THE best product - but not for me sadly. Has anyone else had problems with this ?

OOoooo elasticiser, she could've had mine ! I bought a bucketful in the Monthly Beauty Buy, but my hair felt like straw after using it, so I gave it another go - still the same, so I binned it. I don't want to think about the money I wasted. I bought on the vouch of others that said it was THE best product - but not for me sadly. Has anyone else had problems with this ?

Without wanting to sound patronising - but did you apply on damp hair? I didn't the first couple of times and was a bit "meh" about it. Then I did as instructed and dampened the hair. Result? Softer and more manageable hair - so I was converted.

It's an expensive product to bin - ouch!
I've got loads of it - but I do dispense it to friends to try - having a litre makes me more inclined to be generous. So have made new conquests for it - particularly on dyed hair in bad condition.

Audrey Hepburn didn't, it was created for her!

I was actually moved to e-mail QVC, pointing out that DF making rather supercilious comments about some viewers not 'getting' the Yong Kim range is not guaranteed to either do DF any favours as a presenter, nor win any more fans to the range. Who better to have an opinion than the customer who spends their own money and wants clothes that suit their lifestyle, and aren't they fully entitled to express that opinion? Or are we supposed to buy just because DF thinks we should? I've pointed out that everyone is entitled to an opinion - those who wear high fashion and those people who occasionally look as though they're wearing clothes from a rather tacky jumble sale - but it should not be delivered in a patronising and supercilious manner, neither would a truly professional presenter do so. I don't expect to get a reply, although I've asked for one.

I think DF's attitude is rich, considering she looks like she's wearing leggings from a Freddie Mercury tribute act or Max Wall's cast-offs (for those who know what he looked like many moons ago!). Anyone remember when Kenny Everett impersonated Rod Stewart in his heyday? The leggings were a dead-ringer!

(
I was moved by the awfulness of her outfit this evening to post on the Autumn Fashion thread. I've seen her on many hours looking utterly dreadful. Even if Debbie insists on always wearing QVC fashion, there are outfits she could wear and look so much better. I want to get that HR zapper out and zap her silly for the way she dresses herself to go on air.

She has absolutely no eye for colour or fashion, and the combinations she puts together make Ali Young look like she's channelling Gok Wan (and that's saying something). I wish she'd wear trouser, or a nice dress instead of the perennial leggings and tunic ensembles. And one of the QVC team would be performing a public service if they would only "liberate" every pair of white peep-toe wedges from wherever Debbie stashes them ... and burn the blinking lot! She could do with being told the truth - she looks like a female version of Max Wall virtually every time she appears on QVC these days!

I sincerely hope she's perfectly healthy, but she really looks awful in those dark draggy colours and with that straight, limp hair. The black and the clothes she wears do nothing at all for her hair, eyes and skin tone. She is so very slim she could probably wear any colour and would have no worries about TV putting 10 pounds on her tiny frame! The black drags down her hair and skin, and makes her look like the ghost of Christmas past. Every time I see her I wish the stylists would take her in hand.
I was thinking similar thoughts about Jill F, dressed from head to toe in black, perhaps the last person on Earth who needs to wear a slimming colour. Standing near to the large American lady, she looks like a stick of liquorice snack for the guest ambassador.

This is what I don't get. The presenters are forever trumpeting about how wonderful all these hair care products are, and how they change your life, and they come on screen with their hairdo looking like Wurzel Gummidge's. Surely they have hairdressers who can do something with their hair before they come on - Kathy Tayler's is so straggly down each side of her face that I itch to give her a clip to put it up in an updo or a pair of scissors to cut it. If you are going to preach about the wonders of your products, you need to be your own best advert. - which the Q presenters 'ain't - what price credibility?

My thing is hair- Jackie Kabler's dreadful peroxide white.
Kathy Tayler's -like straws in a muck cart.
Jilly and Jill-limp and lifeless.
Claire-yellow and wig like.
Ali Young- too bleached, black parting.

Surely with all the products they can present themselves better than they do.

Surprised by this, as I have been using it for a while now and always get great compliments!! Suppose it's not for every hair type but I know many of my friends love it too!! :mysmilie_59:

Totally agree, I got a sample/travel size in a set when I used to shop with QVC years ago, and it's absolutely rubbish in my opinion. I just use a nice Shampoo and conditioner, and my hair is in lovely condition my hairdresser says so too (she says putting her trumpet away)

Latest posts

Back