What have you purchased in the last month or so?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Update, coming clean, weakened yesterday ordered an Elemis Pro Definition set, need a new day cream and the Duo of the Ginsing toner.Didn’t go for the TSV, Pro Definition instead.So do I now bore the world with a box opening on Qurio and prattle on to my buddies? No chance of that! I see one of the crowd has ‘produced’over 100 of the useless clips!

My local authority has planted thousands of these beautiful trees. Even on my road we were gifted a few. Nothing stops my breath of the sheer beauty of them specially when planted like a veranda and you walk under it. Looking forward to spring. I have a small one in the garden
I love trees have just started noticing them more and more.Have had a few travels around England this year, some Stately Homes and the countryside in general plenty of superb specimens.I was in Japan years ago at Cherry Blossom time but didn’t have the opportunity to fully appreciate it, would love to return.

QVC were selling these trees as small standards. For £30.00 with post. But my local Homebase had the small shrubs not trained as standards for £8.00. This year will be its second year and its full of buds.

Just skimming through this thread as not v well.
But had to say it’s my dream to go to Japan for Sakura season.... and to picnic beneath the blooms raining their petals. 🌸
Bit obsessed with cherry blossom and Japan in general!
I collect Kokeshi and some Japanese ceramics... Those were started by Japanese friend who is now living back in Tokyo.

Sadly too ill to travel anywhere even in UK since c.2003 and no sign of that changing, so guess I’ll just have to dream! 😢

Maybe I’ll try the Yankee collection to “take me there”?!

Sake doesn’t smell of anything so not sure how that will translate and as for Mount Fuji - who knows?!
I guess we'll find out in January haha

Update, coming clean, weakened yesterday ordered an Elemis Pro Definition set, need a new day cream and the Duo of the Ginsing toner.Didn’t go for the TSV, Pro Definition instead.So do I now bore the world with a box opening on Qurio and prattle on to my buddies? No chance of that! I see one of the crowd has ‘produced’over 100 of the useless clips!
I weakened as well!!

Food isn't normally returned so they should just issue you with a refund there and then if you are unhappy. Keep me posted.
Thank you! Hopefully she will like them, it’s awful when you think you’ve given a nice present, something a little bit different, and it disappoints. I’ll keep you posted.

We have lovely trees around us. Cherry trees at the bottom of the road and an almond tree round the corner. Problem is people wanting the council to remove them "because the blossom and leaves get into their gardens" 🤬. We have an Amoginawa and a dwarf weeping cherry in the garden and a magnificent Magnolia on the front garden.

If these are the earrings they are now on waitlist so you're safe -ish. Being nosey would you wear them as a set? I love the few pieces of Christmas jewellery I've got but only wear one on its own.

I would wear them as a set and all year because I just love robins. I have spent enough this month and November on gifts, without even going overboard. Little bits here and there but it adds up. Maybe next year, they are obviously popular, so they might reissue them. xx

Just skimming through this thread as not v well.
But had to say it’s my dream to go to Japan for Sakura season.... and to picnic beneath the blooms raining their petals. 🌸
Bit obsessed with cherry blossom and Japan in general!
I collect Kokeshi and some Japanese ceramics... Those were started by Japanese friend who is now living back in Tokyo.

Sadly too ill to travel anywhere even in UK since c.2003 and no sign of that changing, so guess I’ll just have to dream! 😢

Maybe I’ll try the Yankee collection to “take me there”?!

Sake doesn’t smell of anything so not sure how that will translate and as for Mount Fuji - who knows?!
Sake served warm is wonderful! It is many years ago when I went to Japan & on business trips.Going out for dinner at night there were very few women and the sight of a tall European lady with curly hair caused some heads to turn.Expect things have radically changed now, as I have the hair is no longer curly and heads don’t turn.

My Ninja cooker arrived today. I could live in that box - it is massive. You also need a PHd in gadget using. It will take me 60 days to read the instructions. I'll let you know. If I can't get on with it then QVC are arranging a pick up because there's no way I can deal with that huge box.

CC

I would wear them as a set and all year because I just love robins. I have spent enough this month and November on gifts, without even going overboard. Little bits here and there but it adds up. Maybe next year, they are obviously popular, so they might reissue them. xx
I love them too & have a small Christmas tree in the hall that's decorated with them. My magical grandmother called them Bobby, she would stand on the terrace, whistle a note & one would fly onto her hand. A couple of weeks ago I visited the RHS garden Harlow Carr, the robins were so confident & obviously had a wonderful life - no cats & a plentiful supply of crumbs from Bettys.

Last year my DIL bought me a scarf with robins on it and this thread has just reminded me of it. I must dig it out and wear it. She is a fan of hedgehogs so I bought her a hedgehog brooch from Fable. They also do a range of robin jewellery too.
The one piece of robin jewellery I really like is on the Braybrook website and he looks so cheeky and with attitude. He`d match perfectly with a Tianguis Jackson sterling silver brooch I have which reminds me of the love/hate relationship between our daft labrador pup and my geriatric cat.
Here`s the link to the robin I like
heres the link to the Fable range of robins
and here`s a pic of my Tianguis Jackson brooch
732x750_1540458620CB0273.jpg

We have lovely trees around us. Cherry trees at the bottom of the road and an almond tree round the corner. Problem is people wanting the council to remove them "because the blossom and leaves get into their gardens" 🤬. We have an Amoginawa and a dwarf weeping cherry in the garden and a magnificent Magnolia on the front garden.

I’m surrounded by trees and have a beautiful 80+ year old oak tree at the bottom of my garden. All the trees are protected and so, even if we want a branch pruned, we have to apply to the council and submit plans for the proposed work to be done. I had two overhanging branches cut back when I first moved here and it cost £400. 😳 A poplar two doors along had to be felled because it was diseased and that cost him £1500.

I live at the end of a small Close and it’s lovely having so many trees around me, although they’re all in people’s back gardens. The only drawback is that, when the wind blows, all the leaves arrive on my property in Autumn. 😭 I spend three months every year, clearing them up, bagging them up and taking them to the tip. It’s back breaking and boring work. However, I’ve now found a guy who will come and get rid of them all once everyone’s leaves have fallen. By the time he comes all the leaves have blown into piles, albeit huge ones. I’ve already taken a couple of bags to the tip and there are two more ready to go. I’m leaving the rest for him. 😉

To give you an idea of the amount of leaves I get ….. last year I took 20 wheelie bin bags full of leaves to the tip.

I do love trees though, despite the Autumn.

My local authority has planted thousands of these beautiful trees. Even on my road we were gifted a few. Nothing stops my breath of the sheer beauty of them specially when planted like a veranda and you walk under it. Looking forward to spring. I have a small one in the garden
I think of the blooming time as Spring Bridal. I love it!

I’m surrounded by trees and have a beautiful 80+ year old oak tree at the bottom of my garden. All the trees are protected and so, even if we want a branch pruned, we have to apply to the council and submit plans for the proposed work to be done. I had two overhanging branches cut back when I first moved here and it cost £400. 😳 A poplar two doors along had to be felled because it was diseased and that cost him £1500.

I live at the end of a small Close and it’s lovely having so many trees around me, although they’re all in people’s back gardens. The only drawback is that, when the wind blows, all the leaves arrive on my property in Autumn. 😭 I spend three months every year, clearing them up, bagging them up and taking them to the tip. It’s back breaking and boring work. However, I’ve now found a guy who will come and get rid of them all once everyone’s leaves have fallen. By the time he comes all the leaves have blown into piles, albeit huge ones. I’ve already taken a couple of bags to the tip and there are two more ready to go. I’m leaving the rest for him. 😉

To give you an idea of the amount of leaves I get ….. last year I took 20 wheelie bin bags full of leaves to the tip.

I do love trees though, despite the Autumn.
We bag leaves up for composting down,although we don't gets as many as you.

Trouble is there are some huge,and I mean huge,elm trees and field maples on the estate. The council have never pruned these over the years and they are now getting quite big. Off the estate it is a preservation area and the spinney was cut down to build houses but the developers also pruned some trees on the main road down. They were handed a huge fine.

I wish I could compost them down but if I had composted all the leaves every year I’d have accumulated enough to supply the neighbourhood and local garden centre. 😳 We do have a garden waste collection every fortnight, for £40 a year, but there’s no way that would work because I fill three wheelie bins in one leaf clearing session. So I bought my own wheelie bin, for £65, and it quickly paid for itself, barring the petrol for the five minute trip to the tip.

I’m just glad I’ve found someone to do the job for me now because I’ve got better things to do with my time. 😉

I think of the blooming time as Spring Bridal. I love it!
I used to live on a "regeneration" (scummy actually lol) housing estate in Edinburgh but when they built it the developers had the wonderful idea to plant dozens of blossom trees all around the bit where I lived. In the Spring it looked like a beautiful avenue for weddings with pink and white trees everywhere. It detracted a bit from the dog poo pavements and fly tipping 😁

One year I bought “special” sacks and spent forever filling dozens of them, stacked them as they were supposed to break down and make a lovely mulch. Three years later nothing except the bags had partly disintegrated. Since then they go in the garden waste bin over a period of time but they take up a lot of room even with battering down with a spade.

Latest posts

Back