Where are Debbie Greenwood & Julian Ballantyne?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

the point of Will:

Carry AY's handbag leaden with beauty products.

I know it has been said before, but what I can't understand why AJ goes for the "face in the bag of flour" look. She also goes for the heavy black eye liner and mascara and its just too harsh.

With all of the lovely Laura Geller products on a day or so ago, she still had the same look. I would have thought that with all of the make up that Will might or might not lug around for her, that she would experiment a bit.

On second thoughts, maybe its Will who does her make up...

I know it has been said before, but what I can't understand why AJ goes for the "face in the bag of flour" look. She also goes for the heavy black eye liner and mascara and its just too harsh.

With all of the lovely Laura Geller products on a day or so ago, she still had the same look. I would have thought that with all of the make up that Will might or might not lug around for her, that she would experiment a bit.

On second thoughts, maybe its Will who does her make up...

She is a qualified Makeup Artist don't you know :thinking:

Carmel's blog

Sorry if this has already been posted but Carmel's blog has been updated to announce her departure. Better late than never Q since the dogs in the street knew she was off to TJC

And Julian Ballantyne's FB page says 'WORKED at QVC UK. After being there from Day 1 they don't even have the decency to say a proper goodbye.

And Julian Ballantyne's FB page says 'WORKED at QVC UK. After being there from Day 1 they don't even have the decency to say a proper goodbye.

It was the same with Tim Goodwin, he was a regular presenter for years, then he was no longer there, not a word ever mentioned, as if he had never existed.

Carmel on way to TJC

I was surprised to see that Carmel is starting at the Jewellery Channel. Is this due to the QVC shake up or has Carmel decided that QVC is not for her?

Yes, I saw that, and the joke was against Julian. But QVC could at least mention that he and Julian had left, no need to give reasons, but it would end all the speculation.

I rally find it inconceivable, that the Q haven't even acknowledged Jules' departure, considering his long service and his popularity. One would question the circs which led up to his leaving. Whilst it is not the duty of an employer, generically, to announce when an employer is leaving, this is a different situation, whre that employee, Julian, is know to millions of viewers who are, understandably, interested in why he is no longer employed by the channel. The Q doesn't have to tell us why he is no longer on air, but to mention that he has left and issue thanks for the years he was with them, would, I feel, be appropriate.

This ^^^^^

But I think everyone had to bear in mind that like pretty much every other company, QVC don't give a toss about its customers or staff, as long as the profit keeps coming in!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I rally find it inconceivable, that the Q haven't even acknowledged Jules' departure, considering his long service and his popularity. One would question the circs which led up to his leaving. Whilst it is not the duty of an employer, generically, to announce when an employer is leaving, this is a different situation, whre that employee, Julian, is know to millions of viewers who are, understandably, interested in why he is no longer employed by the channel. The Q doesn't have to tell us why he is no longer on air, but to mention that he has left and issue thanks for the years he was with them, would, I feel, be appropriate.

I have to totally agree with you on this one. It just goes to show how little this employer respects it's employees, contracted or non-contracted. Disgraceful in my view.

If, for example, you were a foreman of a building site and had worked for the company for several years and your contact was not renewed for whatever reason so be it BUT when you are a well known face on tv and a fav of many then it would be courteous to offer a polite goodbye and issue an agreed public statement on the website, at the very least.

Its the double standards I don't like. If you are working in a normal company and are leaving after 20 years, there is normally a whip round and a few drinks where everyone says good bye etc. Of course if you are fired or made redundant, then this doesn't happen.

However, QVC "promote" a sort of friendship with the presenters in the way of blogs, twitter and facebook accounts, so you can chat and ask questions and know a bit more about that person. This as far as I can see is to promote that person's sales and therefore QVCs by a form of friendship. So it should work both ways. If contractually the person involved can not say why they have disappeared, e.g. they locked AJ in a broom cupboard, then certainly QVC should just say a polite thank you for their service end of story.

Personally I never read the blogs as they are not my friends, I doubt if I will ever meet them so it is unlikely they will become my friends, therefore I am not interested in what they had for lunch.

Also I feel that the presenters should present less. When you have knowledgeable people explaining about their products, they should be left to explain with the odd comment from the QVC presenter.

It looks to me as though Q have shown as much loyalty to their staff as they do to long standing customers (re the "letter").
As has already been said they spend £££ promoting their friendly family image, inviting us into the "real lives" of the presenters via the likes of Facebook and Twitter while their on line blogs give far to much personal information as far as I am concerned.
I don't need to know who's child is off to uni with a transporter full of NN, Cooks Essentials and all of the other stuff Q say they are going to need.
Has any one from Q ever been into a student room??
There isn't usually room to swing a cat let alone fill it with all of the other cr@p they go on about.
So get real Q while we might not have a "right" to know whats going on you are only damaging all of the hard work you have put in to the friendly family image by allowing this to drag on and on and on.

Latest posts

Back