Where have all the Yankee Candles gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

frenchie

Registered Shopper
Usually QVC have around 100+ items in stock - but I've just searched to see if there are any new items, and there's only 55 Yankee Candle items in stock.... so where have all the other 50+ stocked items suddenly disappeared to??????

And 18 of those surviving are on Waitlist - so basically, only some full price sets, and clearance items are in stock now.

Last edited:
Usually QVC have around 100+ items in stock - but I've just searched to see if there are any new items, and there's only 55 Yankee Candle items in stock.... so where have all the other 50+ stocked items suddenly disappeared to??????

And 18 of those surviving are on Waitlist - so basically, only some full price sets, and clearance items are in stock now.
Would never think of buying Yankee on QVC any more, plenty of stores where I live sell these and cheaper in some cases without stupid p&p prices, I think Yankee is very over rated although some of the fragrances are ok.

Would never think of buying Yankee on QVC any more, plenty of stores where I live sell these and cheaper in some cases without stupid p&p prices, I think Yankee is very over rated although some of the fragrances are ok.

I agree, I only buy from QVC if I would buy everything in the set anyway - and the total cost including postage is less than I can buy in the local store, or from Ebay sellers. The best buys from QVC are the USA exclusives, which are usually much better value than buying elsewhere... if you can find them :)

Just wondered if anyone knew the reason why they've jettisoned the majority of their stock items... is anything afoot?

I wonder if they finally decided to have a critical look at the stock pages! Of the 120ish items I reckon half were on wait list and of those, many items would never be in stock again. They were showing for example old accessories or Christmas items which YC do not make any more so why would they come back to Q? Having said that, I do hope I am right and nothing sinister is afoot!!!!! I do not have access to a cheap YC outlet so I do like to buy the large jar sets from Q when they first come to air. Once at the full Q price though I would shop elsewhere online.

Do like Yankee but have never gone overboard with them. Have now discovered 3 x new candles in my local supermarket at £1, £2 & £4 and they are long lasting and smell lovely! :mysmilie_8:

YC seem to be a big mainstay of QVC - let's face it, they need some stuff that isn't beauty, jewellery or "fashion"...

Some of the kits are good value, if you can be bothered to sell on the ones you don't like. It's a rare set for me where I like all the fragrances... plus I'm seriously candled out at present... I've started giving some as gifts to try to reduce my stores. It's not as bad as my beauty stash, thank goodness, but it's still embarrassingly "healthy" (they don't all fit in one cupboard).

Down to 54 today.... my curiosity is piqued!
I haven't been for years, but there used to be a big stall at the Blackbushe Sunday Market selling QVC jettisoned stock..... so if you're nearby and love Yankee Candles - might be worth a trip!
As for me, my daughter and I went shopping yesterday, and ended up in our local Yankee shop where they had a lot of special offers, so I treated myself to 2 medium jars, and a large tall pillar candle - all for less than £35... and no postage! :mysmilie_50:

You mean you dragged all that heavy weight back from the DHS?? You must have been exhausted!!!!!!:mysmilie_19:

Maybe just maybe (though this being Q it is unlikely), they have 'woken up to the fact' that even though they do the 'duo' sets they are not a customer's choice thus, if a person is waivering on one of the fragrances then they are not going to 'try it and see' given the expense. I think people nowadays are prepared to pay a little more for a 'mix and match' set, thus getting the fragrances (in this case, though it works with other things also), that they are wanting.

Imagine the possibility of no more Rosa or Steve!

qvc do sell a lot of yankees though. maybe its just a stock take and plenty more kits will follow

Still 3 for 45 for large jars and free postage on internetgiftstore so not tempted by qvc atm plus boundary mill not too far.

In my local garden centre there (like many others) is a huge YC display, but they also stock Root candles which are far superior on the 'smell' scale.

Waxbox is a subscription and well worth a try to try lots of brands. Think we've had root in there.
Bought a huge sainsbury candle today to try out. A five wick warm Amber and fig (750g) was 20, now £9, and used a fiver of nectar points. Hope it's good.

Candleberry are good too. Loads of brands out here.
Tried YC sea salt and sage last night and not a fan as no real throw. Shame as summer peach has a really good throw and loved April showers and line dried cotton.

sea salt and sage is a waste of money. no scent to think of thats why you pay premium prices for the scent

I wonder why 'Yankee' dominate this area on Q, I mean I know they sell 'Princes' at Christmas but that is all. I mean they sell more than one brand of electronics, clothing, makeup/skin-care etc but predominantly only one brand of candle. I wonder why there is this monopoly as it were?

Latest posts

Back