Where's the website gone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been checking with this site that carries out a third party check.... seems to go up and down...

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/bid.tv

I wonder if they're being attacked or something? Maybe they haven't paid China for those turtles! :giggle:

I wonder if they switch the website off to save some money to pay for all the, ahem, free P+P?. It must be costing them a fortune :giggle:

I've been a lurker of this forum for a while (probably a couple of months), but I felt compelled to provide the really boring answer onto why bid.tv was down for a short while (apologies in advance for boring you all).

The page some of you were getting was a common domain parking page. Usually used by "domain squatters", who buy valuable domain names (like three letter words) solely with the intent of "parking" them and reselling them to customers who'd have a legitmate use for that domain for exorbitant amounts. What's likely is that Sit-Up bought the "bid.tv" domain from one of those squatting companies over a decade ago, and recently, someone at Sit-Up accidently pressed a big red button and reverted the nameserver (which is what points bid.tv to Sit-Up's servers) to that of the original squatting company that Sit-Up bought from.

That's my theory anyway. It would explain why some of you had issues getting to the site, while others (myself included) had no issues. Nameserver changes can take minutes to update for some people, but up to a week to update for everyone, depending on what DNS server they're using.

ANNNNNYWAY, hi everyone. I've probably left a really bad first impression, haven't I? :sweat:

Latest posts

Back