Which would you prefer 4 easy pays or free P&P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LE lover

Registered Shopper
Am I just plain ungrateful that i don't jump for joy when I see 4 easy pays. They're not saving me money at all,it still has to come out of my account whether it's this month or over the next three months.
I want free P&P so that i can save money and not pay the ever increasing P&P charges. On average for a beauty TSV or larger kit it's now nearly £6:arrgh:
A free P&P beauty day would have least got me pondering whether to treat myself, but as it is my money is safe.
Which of these would you prefer?

I would like both. I do get tempted with easy pays though. I am not intetrested in the TSV.

ALWAYS free P&P!! I do use the easy pays for something that seems expensive but I know I want (got the L'Occitane hand cream duo today, I love it but find it hard to swallow paying £30 for two tubes!) but free P&P would def encourage me to buy more. Probably just as well the rarely do it anymore!!

Well if it was for beauty day only for me it would have to be both, however if it was to be a longstanding thing it would have to be free p+p with MUCH FASTER processing and delivery off course :thinking::thinking::thinking:

I buy from QVC via Quidco which gives 5% return on the purchase price (excluding p&p); easi-pays result in the discount only tracking on the first installment and not the subsequent ones, so I'm actually literally paying more than if I pay the whole price upfront. :taphead:

On top of this there's always a hoo-haa if the payment card expires between installments; even if you update the card details on your account QVC can't use the new card and end up writing a rather terse letter about refused payments. :down: :headbang:

Finally, if I can't afford the item this month, easy-pay deludes me into thinking I've got more ££ to spend. The quidco issue means I now opt out of easypay at checkout so I always know where I am with my over-spending (well that's the theory) :thinking: QVC aren't doing us any favours (although they say they are "helping" spread the cost) they encourage more buying than would otherwise happen but they still end up with the same money in their coffers (not counting returns).

With free or cheap P&P I'm more tempted to try a new range or a product I've never tried before, happy in the knowledge that if it's carp I won't have wasted as much postage to try it and if it's a wonderful product I've still saved a few ££...plus the quidco discount is exactly the same as it's not applied to postage anyway. I'm quids in and QVC are actaully getting less of my money. Result!

Jude xx

Personally it has to be free P&P. I know some of you like the easy pays, but I think they're a pain in the ar*e. After a month I've forgotten what I've bought, so then it's a bit of a shock or I'm searching through all my old QVC orders to see what I could have bought on easypay. Also with the 4 ep's we'd still be paying for them at Christmas (see.... and I worked that out quickly), I don't need extra expense that time of the year because I bought something on impulse just because it was on easy pay.

I would much rather have free P&P.It's the postage which puts me off buying from QVC.
I buy a lot of craft items and usually manage to find sites that deliver for free and more quickly.

free P & P every time!:clapping:

along with gold day, silver day, beauty day, craft day, why not a P & P free day...just think of all the orders they'd get in!

I've just posted about this on the "feelunique.com" thread, but have to raise the point here as well:
Few day ago I ordered 4 jars of Decleor balms (so not particulary light package) from cheapsmells.com, to be delivered with an international post. Guess how much was my p&p charge - £3, only!

Now compare that to QVC's p&p charge of usually £5 -£6 per item!!!!! Not to mention that it sometimes takes longer for QVC to deliver in UK than it takes for and international delivery to get to destination.

For me definitely free p&p. Even if it's not free, at least they should make the p&p a fair charge (only cost) and combine the shipment, like everybody else does!
Agree with what others say about easy pays - it just encourages impulsive and reckless spending.

Last edited:
Free P&P everytime.It's the only thing that would stop me getting the info from QVC then heading to buy in the shops.I am lucky as I can get most of these beauty brands locally, but if my plan to move into a more country area goes to plan things will change, but not before I check out prices on other websites.

free P&P will always win for me.Even if they reduced it to a pound or a penny,like many other companies do - particularly leading up to christmas.i bought my first NN set on a founders day,where everything was free P&P that day - it definitely inspires me to buy.

I like to go to the theatre a lot and recently made a £20 payment for a membership which saves me every booking fee.Maybe QVC should run a promotion that if you join a "membership" for a certain fee.......you never have to pay postage?

Free postage for me too! I have bought items I normally would not have when they do offer free postage.

I used the 10% off that I received in June.

I'd wanted a Clickfree for ages and this saved me £10 :clapping:

Normally the items I buy are much cheaper, so then I'd prefer the free P&P.

I really don't like easy pays at all. I'd rather pay for something and be done with it rather than having amounts still coming off my credit card one, two, or three months later.

Free p&p for me. I appreciate that easy pay can be helpful but I don't like the way qvc use it to entice you to buy more than one, or else buy the next item as well and why not the one after that while you're at it. I would rather have the saving in my pocket. The summer suprises were a good thing. Time for Autumn Offers now and then Christmas Crackers. More incentive to watch.

free p&p without doubt. I avoid easy pay if I can unless its for a high price item. There is nothing worse than thinking your bank account looks quite healthy - till your easy pays kick in!!

Latest posts

Back