Qvc - easy pay instalments!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't think for one minute I'm the only one that orders a lot I'm just saying that when you have a few easypays on the system it takes longer than I would like to listen to all the details. I would like to access these details on my account page of the website.

Just posted on another thread about someone on a Q related facebook group saying she`s ordered 21 items today and in her own words " I couldn`t resist the easy pays " so where does responsible lending come into it, afterall its a form of interest free loan which Q are offering and how do they know she can afford her 21 easy pays per month ? I`m just wondering out loud how Q or if Q limits easy pays or allows so many easy pays to one account ?

In a million years, I'd never order 20 items on easy pay, each to their own, but that is dangerous, sorry but that's how I feel about it.

I totally agree but sadly people are saying oh good for you etc on the thread when secretly they`re thinking what a silly sod she`s being.

In a million years, I'd never order 20 items on easy pay, each to their own, but that is dangerous, sorry but that's how I feel about it.

I don't think any of us are in a position to judge whether or not ordering 20 items on easy pay is "dangerous" for somebody else. We have no idea of her financial situation or how much disposable income she has. Most of the easypays today have been very small, so if we say 20 items at an average of £6 that means £120 a month for 4 months. I work part-time now so have less disposable income, but when I was working full-time I could have paid £120 a month very easily so it wouldn't have been "dangerous" at all for me to have that many easy pays. Now I only commit to what my part time income allows. Without knowing the personal circumstances of our fellow QVC shoppers, I don't believe any of us are in a position to make any judgements as to what is or is not responsible behaviour on their part.

The other thing, of course, is that there is absolutely no difference between somebody having 20 easy pays totalling £120 for beauty products, and having one easy pay totalling £120 for e.g. a Vitamix, and yet I've never seen anyone here suggest that it's irresponsible or dangerous for somebody to buy a Vitamix on easy pay.

I don't think for one minute I'm the only one that orders a lot I'm just saying that when you have a few easypays on the system it takes longer than I would like to listen to all the details. I would like to access these details on my account page of the website.

Ah, ok, that I understand. It was when you said you were trying to get information the system couldn't give you that I was perplexed.

Just posted on another thread about someone on a Q related facebook group saying she`s ordered 21 items today and in her own words " I couldn`t resist the easy pays " so where does responsible lending come into it, afterall its a form of interest free loan which Q are offering and how do they know she can afford her 21 easy pays per month ? I`m just wondering out loud how Q or if Q limits easy pays or allows so many easy pays to one account ?
QVC aka qvcuk.wonga.com

Imagine the cost of p&p for that lot. To say she "can't resist" proves the woman has no self control which is most definitely dangerous, no matter what her financial situation is.

i would rather the vitamix than £400 worth of creams that you wont see in years to come. but each to thier own

. . .. To say she "can't resist" proves the woman has no self control which is most definitely dangerous, no matter what her financial situation is.

Only if you take every off the cuff remark absolutely literally. I must have said "I couldn't resist it" a thousand times in my lifetime, when in reality I've made no attempt to resist it, I just liked it so I bought it. It's just a phrase, and it proves nothing.

Only if you take every off the cuff remark absolutely literally. I must have said "I couldn't resist it" a thousand times in my lifetime, when in reality I've made no attempt to resist it, I just liked it so I bought it. It's just a phrase, and it proves nothing.

True, but sometimes it actually does mean "I couldn't resist" and after purchasing 21 easy pay items in one day, I'm thinking that the statement is actually more a factual one, just my opinion of course and not to be taken literally but thanks anyway.

it must seem like a bit of a competition on the facebook pages..must be very good for qvc business

I`ve no idea whether this particular woman can or cannot easily afford her easy pays, only she`ll know that and her 21 orders plus some she said she cancelled must have come to a hefty total even on EP. The point I was trying to make was neither does QVC know if she can afford it and unlike loan companies who at least ask for proof of income and therefore limit how much credit you can have, QVC just seem to allow people to spend as they please on easy pays.
True, the customer has to fork out the first easy pay plus p and p when they order but after that it`s all down to the customer having the sense not to buy what they can`t afford and having the funds in their bank account or on their credit and that they ensure nothing goes wrong with future payment. I realise we live in a World where lots of people buy now, pay later but there should be such a thing as responsible lending/credit. I was just wondering if or how QVC fits into this and should worse case scenario arise where someone orders 21 items on EP and then can`t follow through with future payments what happens and whether in a Court case the customer could turn around and say well they let me buy £1000 worth of stuff on EP and never checked whether I could afford it or not, so it isn`t my fault.
It`s all just questions and possible answers going through my head, curiosity and where, if anywhere, there should be mechanisms in place, on both sides , to check that people aren`t getting into debt or being actively encouraged to feed an addiction. It would be interesting to know how QVC deals with these type of issues.

In one of the newspaper articles about QVC it said that the number of people who default on easy payments is extremely low mainly, they surmised, because people particularly don't want to lose the right to shop there. The very low number of defaults is why QVC doesn't do any credit checks, and presumably the same goes for IW. Personally I don't believe in the nanny state, and I think each of us should be responsible for curbing our own excesses and addictions, so I don't think it's up to QVC to be responsible for what we borrow. In my opinion, if you can't afford to repay what you borrow then don't borrow, and if you do borrow and you default then you should take responsibility for your own actions.

With regard to a court case, it's my view that whether QVC checked your ability to pay should be irrelevant. You knew that you would not able to pay and surely to take the goods knowing you can't make the payments is theft?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back