Why would anyone buy Clarks shoes from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I find QVC very handy for 'sourcing' things I want, then I look around the web to get better prices, faster delivery and free p&p etc. So, thanks QVC !

Because they are brainwashed QVC cult members who take CHuntley's warning to heart and live in terror of looking on the DHS or even elsewhere on line.

I know you can order from Clarks online get delivered to your nearest store try on without paying until you are happy if not just walk away. You do pay instore if you want the shoes.

And of course they occasionally have styles (especially if it is a TSV) that are exclusive to QVC. It is the same with other brands, such as Sketchers who also offer exclusive styles or colours. Like others have said though with shoes and clothes etc, all the sizing (and guidance) in the world can't help each individual body, one needs to try before they buy, preferably without the 'dreaded' P&P costs!

Talking of shoes on QVC, what's all this malarkey about which brands of styles are true to size, come out small - go for one size up, or come out larger - take one size lower.

I buy all sorts of shoes, trainers, boots and slippers from Marisota (and their various companies). I get the same size in every pair I buy and have never yet, in over 5 years, had a pair that didn't fit. I need a wide fit and most styles are available in wide and extra wide fittings as well as standard width. Items are easily returned as long as not worn. Return p&p is free and p&p for orders is capped at £3.50.

I buy from the Clarks outlet website which regularly offers free delivery and free returns and some real bargains.

many years ago qvc were very good at explaining and demonstrating items. but not recently. its all chit chat and sound bites and presenters selling themselves not the said goods

I often get blisters when I wear new shoes. I usually wear them round the house first, then down to the post box. Then a short walk into town. I also carry plasters in my wallet. When I start wearing shoes in the next season I have to go through the same thing again. My feet have always been trouble

Never leave home without Compeed! I have had bleeding feet in the past, no more!

i can't bare sore feet. so i spend quite a bit on a pair of shoes. my fav everyday range are gabor they do lovely pumps that have beautifully built up arches and fully lined in leather. they last for ever and never hurt my feet. they are german so do come up big

I really think QVC need to sort our their postage. Even Gems TV have got wise to the fact that people don't want to pay expensive postage. They do £2.95 per day however much you order even big items like jewellery boxes - mind you they have probably put up their prices to compensate. They do take a little long for things to come but if you now this when you order, then you can accept it.

For Yankee they charge £5.95 when you can get free postage from Temptation Gifts when you spend £50 which is quite easy if you are stocking up.

As has been said Clarks themselves don't charge postage.
Was surprised when I ordered from Aveda that they don't charge p & p and also give free samples.

Incidentally, I was watching Countdown the other day (I managed a 5 letter word!) and Martin Lewis was the Dictionary Corner guest. He posed a question about consumer rights in relation to on-line shopping in that if you bought an item costing £20.00 and paid for next day delivery of £6.00 and then paid £5.00 to return it because you'd changed your mind, what would you be entitled to in terms of a refund. The answer was £20.00, unless the item was faulty in which case you'd be entitled to the full refund. Someone answered £26.00 and he said that because you opted for next day delivery, you couldn't claim it back. You could however reclaim the cost of standard delivery and not all retailers make you aware of this and you have to ask them for it. I haven't returned anything to QVC in ages but my recollection is that you don't get the P&P back so how are they getting around this?

many years ago qvc were very good at explaining and demonstrating items. but not recently. its all chit chat and sound bites and presenters selling themselves not the said goods

Yes, I think 'back in the day' when Q first started, then things like Tablets (image that) were not around and the 'Archos media tablets' were the forerunners, things like Sat-Nav's etc were in their infancy so Q had to 'teach' so that 'learner would become buyer'. Now with the products being 'everyday items' (almost, I know some still are cost prohibitive), then I suppose education has gone by the wayside slightly!

Incidentally, I was watching Countdown the other day (I managed a 5 letter word!) and Martin Lewis was the Dictionary Corner guest. He posed a question about consumer rights in relation to on-line shopping in that if you bought an item costing £20.00 and paid for next day delivery of £6.00 and then paid £5.00 to return it because you'd changed your mind, what would you be entitled to in terms of a refund. The answer was £20.00, unless the item was faulty in which case you'd be entitled to the full refund. Someone answered £26.00 and he said that because you opted for next day delivery, you couldn't claim it back. You could however reclaim the cost of standard delivery and not all retailers make you aware of this and you have to ask them for it. I haven't returned anything to QVC in ages but my recollection is that you don't get the P&P back so how are they getting around this?

I actually found out on this forum about the Direct Selling Regulations, regarding shipping refunds. The goods need to be in resaleable condition, and you need to advise them, in writing, within fourteen days, that you wish to cancel the order. They don't refund your returns costs, but are obliged to refund p&p charged, at point of sale.

I do this quite regularly, now, although I am buying less & less from QVC.

There is a form in the 'Contact Us' section, which I use to notify them of cancellation of order.

I suppose it's to their benefit, not to advertise this regulation, although it could be considered sharp practice. I just wish I'd known about it years ago: it would have saved me a fortune!

Latest posts

Back